“So glad we stopped here for dinner!”
Review of Ce Stamo a Pensa

Ce Stamo a Pensa
Ranked #137 of 13,746 Restaurants in Rome
Neighborhood: Monti
Neighborhood: Monti
Reviewed September 23, 2016

We had checked in to our hotel not far away, cleaned up and rested a bit then walked out to find dinner. We had driven in from northern Italy and didn't want to go far and this place showed up so high in the ratings that we had to check it out.
I like this style. It's like cicchetti in Venice. You can have smaller portions of several different things.
We had the meatballs - fantastic, the fried pizza - best item of the night, spaghetti cake - good but not great, better eaten with bites of meatball and some kind of sandwich filled with vegetables and cheese - outstanding!
Then, while we were eating they were putting out other items that looked equally delicious. I wanted to try them all but was already so full I needed a longer walk to work off some of the fullness. They had good beer too!
The staff was extremely friendly. They helped describe everything, spoke good English. They were busy, but always had time for questions.
Someone else came in and asked about the pizza and I said they couldn't go wrong!
It's fried crust and just wonderful.
After, I told her that we loved the place and would give it 5 stars. She asked me to wait and after about 5-6 minutes, she gave us each a freshly fried donut-like dessert that was really good. Great customer relations! No wonder this place is rated so highly.
The inside is narrow with several small, 2 person tables and a bar along the wall up front by the door. No outdoor seating that we noticed.
I'd love to go back, but will probably never be in Rome again.

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

The waiters and chefs are friendly and helpful, the restaurant is small and cozy, but the food simply wasn't that good. The pasta cake didn't taste much and the meat balls were cold. The pizza was good, but good pizza can be found anywhere in Rome. It was a disappointing experience after reading so many positive reviews here.

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

Mediocre at best. The fact that this place is so highly rated on TA is making me lose confidence in the value of the reviews when planning my vacations. I think because this place is so cheap and so close to the colosseum, people come here starving and would probably think a baked cardboard sprinkled with mozzarella is delicious.

We ordered the spaghetti frittata (white), meatball on a doughnut, and a sugar doughnut. While the total cost was only 9euro, that shouldn't be the main determinant of how great the place is. The fried doughnut covered in sugar was the best, what is not to like? I also thought the meatball on the doughnut was good, the meat was tender. The spaghetti was disappointing. There really was no flavor. It was just spaghetti and cheese baked so that there was a hard lasagna like crust the top and bottom and loose noodles in the center. It wasn't even hot. Just tasted like overcooked crusty spaghetti. There was also hair baked into the spaghetti.

Seems like TripAdvisors value quantity over quality.

2  Thank Dianna B
Reviewed September 22, 2016

Meal was great, affordable, and definitely authentic. The wait wasn't that bad, about 5 minutes during our visit at 1:00PM, and we were able to get a couple of seats at the bar. You also have the option to have it to go, and eat your food at the nearby fountain, a block away.

Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

So disappointed.i follow Tripadviser und what i received were so terrible.the Table is too small.the foods are not impressive but expensive

1  Thank ThuHuong N

Been to Ce Stamo a Pensa? Share your experiences!