“Good”

Checco dello Scapicollo
Ranked #4,310 of 13,622 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant. They serve good portions of meals and they are awesome. In particular 'assassino', a sort of tiramisu with a little chocolate cake on it it's brilliant. It's possible to eat roman dishes, the staff is very gentle and always ready to help clients. Ambient is elegant too. It's quite expensive, but worth it.

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Tonight i was there for a business dinner with a client and we were served with a menu chosen by the owner and we had entries with a large square plate of crude fish with salmon, tuna fish, and sworn fish tartare and shrimps and other crude oil dressed fishes well prepared and fresh. Then we had a main half portion of pasta dressed also with fish and a second plate of fish with vegetables. All well and expressly prepared. We enjoyed the terrace with fresh and pleasant stay. Price was in line with the meal. After year this place keep quality and price at good level. Good occasion to enjoy a fish served meal for a reasonable cost. Enjoy

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I took a business colleague at little bit early in the evening last week. Living in the neighborhood I have been here many times. This time the reception was insolent when my colleague stated the reservation in English. We could only have an interior outdoor seat because there were two of us, rather than sitting on the balcony edge looking over the garden. The 2 men seated next to us smoked and talked in loud voice on cellphones for the entire dinner. The waiter kept pushing order options and did not listen when I explained in Italian that my colleague wanted only cleaned fish. He brought a shrimp scampi etc dish with the seafood split in the middle and not cleaned, which my colleague ended pushing aside half finished in frustration. My orata which I requested to clean myself was good, as were the grilled vegetables. The service was mediocre, slow and not welcoming. The restaurant should: 1. divide the outdoor area into smoking and non smoking zones; 2. have signs requesting people to go outside to talk on their cellphones; 3. Mentor staff to be courteous to clientele who may not be Italian, and 4. Teach staff to listen carefully to what clients are requesting.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

If you want to have a good meal in a truly family-run restaurant that serves excellent typical roman dishes, this restaurant is for you. On the outskirts yet not too far from the city centre, large selection of delicious food, great wine, professional staff and lovely environment.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

I was there several time for business reason as well for enjoy a dinner as couple. last time I was there in occasion of a birthday celebration. the menu was arranged as a buffet menu the choise was large and use full for all the preference. wine (red or white) was good and the price or this event very reasonable,