“Lovely hotel”

Best Western Cinemusic Hotel
Ranked #311 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel is beautifully designed and decorated. We have stayed 2 nights only.
Our rooms in this hotel were large enough, very clean and the beds were comfortable, everything was excellent. The location is just outside the central tourist area but close to the metro. The front desk staff is very friendly and accommodating and they spoke Greek.
The breakfast it was very good, the buffet it was large enough.
It is a good hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank manolis_popi
There are newer reviews for Best Western Cinemusic Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel is beautifully designed and decorated. It is difficult to find any fault with the possible exception that some rooms are a little small, I would recommend one of the deluxe rooms with a balcony.

We have stayed a number of times and are always happy to return especially given the very friendly and helpful staff.

The location is just outside the central tourist area but close to the metro and within walking distance of San Giovanni's.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Modale
Reviewed June 9, 2012

One must keep in mind the expected room sizes when writing reviews about European locations. Our rooms in this hotel (we stayed 3 nights, went to Venice and came back) were small, but everything else was excellent.

The location is good - quiet neighborhood just few minutes away from the subway that'll take you anywhere in minutes. The hotel is designy and pleasing to the eye. The front desk staff is very friendly and accommodating. Once almost in the middle of the night, I asked if I could get a bottle of wine to my room and they said "room service is not active this late, but please follow me" and I was taken to their kitchen and I got to choose a bottle of wine of my choice. This is service - don't restrict the customer with BS if you can make them happy with little extra effort. I was also given two very nice wine glasses - something the room doesn't normally come with.

We opted for 'deluxe' room with a terrace, which was a nice feature. It was a pleasure to sip some italian wine and then step back to the comfort of our room. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I'd also like to note that they have a very nice roof top breakfast that is included in the room price.

I would recommend this hotel for it friendliness, convenience and the fact that I can't really think of anything negative to say about it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank michael_77_toronto
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The room in which I stayed was one of the more expensive rooms and was very nicely appointed. It was decorated in a very modern style and there was a jet tub in the room (see photo) as well as a large walk-in shower in the bathroom. It felt very luxurious.

The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. I spoke to the staff in my best broken Italian and they responded slowly and clearly with no evidence of impatience. From what I overheard of conversations with other guests the staff seemed to speak English well also. At the desk they had maps of the area which was expremely helpful when seeking restaurants and attractions.

I liked the location because I wanted to avoid the touristy part of Rome. There were still a lot of tourists, of course, but also many locals. In the restaurants and shops Italian, rather than English is the default language. As has been mentioned, it's also fairly close to the metro station so if you don't mind a short walk and know how to use the metro it's very easy to reach the tourist attractions.

Overall I think this hotel is ideal for someone wanting to get a taste of the "real" Rome while still having easy access to the famous sites. For someone who doesn't speak a word of Italian and is only interested in site-seeing, a hotel closer to the historic center would probably be preferable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed June 6, 2012

First off, this was an excellent hotel and deserves the international 4 stars they say that they are.
Very clean and nice rooms, with a vieuw of the trees...... I found the bedsheets to be amazing, not the standard white cold cottony stuff.
Maibe i am presumptous, but i am used to crisp service. U do get the service (like: opening the landlines or wifi etc etc), but it does depend on the day of the week. Usually it takes about a day to get these things done. I was there on sunday and could not have any wifi for my ipad till the afternoon the next day. I was on holiday and decidedly did not want to stress, so i was fine with it. But if ur on a tight schedule and want things done immediately,......hmmm. Its the italian way, the locals told me. The receptionist did offer me his own computer, by the way!!!
Breakfast starts at 7.30, so if ur on a early start, you cant get it in the hotel. Roomservice is limited to breakfast.
Overall the cleanliness is excellent and the staff is friendly. They both speak and understand english well. I would stay here again if in Rome.
Also the Re di Roma metrostation and trainstation are at walking distance. Getting to the center of Rome takes abt 5 min with the metro. The hotel is located away from the touristy neighbourhoods, which suited me very well.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank An J
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here 4 nights on our honeymoon. We really liked the location, not being in the heart of all the tourist stuff. It was very close to the red line of the metro, which was super convenient, and because it wasn't a touristy area, we found some really good local restaurants. However, the hotel itself was just so-so. It looks really cool, but there is not one piece of cloth in any of the hallways or staircases, so it is extremely loud. We were awake when the first people in the hotel were up because you could hear everything. It very much reminded me of my days in dorm rooms as far as the acoustics go. Also, the bathroom had no door, which was awkward. Even being on our honeymoon, it would have been nice to have a little privacy. The toilet had a door, but there is no shower door and no door separating the bathroom from the rest of the room. The air conditioner didn't work very well, and it turned off when we left the room, so it was always stuffy when we came back. Overall, I would keep looking and find another hotel in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RachelandDallas
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel was poorly located if you want to get around Rome and its tourist attractions. The room was small , tv was also small. But the room was clean . The air conditioning was not working and we could only use it as a fan. So, it felt quite warm and that made the stay less comfortable. They said that they will fix it, so maybe it will be better in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kuan Min H