“Great for me - Good price performance ratio”
Review of Sixbeds

Sixbeds
Ranked #1,021 of 3,645 Rome B&B and Inns
Dresden
“Great for me - Good price performance ratio”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had a great time in sixbeds in Rome! IIt is not a touristic hotel or hostel- it is a real iatlian apartment in which I stayed in one room. Max is a very nice host. He is really professional in what he is doing. I told him my arriving time and he was there to welcome me and to answer all of my questions. I got a map and informations about the city. Max is ready to help when you need something and it is nice to chat with him and to learn more about the "real" Italian life. The place is exactly like advertised and I really loved the quiet and cosy room. It is amazing how clean it is there! I felt so comfortable! The flat is situated near Termini train stations and you can easily walk to the most famous sights. There are many restaurants and bars everywhere- and if you have enought of it, enjoy the peace in the room which is in the quiet backyuard. I really enjoyed it in sixbeds and if I will go to Rome again- I will choose sixbeds :-) Christine

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Tineme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at Six Beds. The room was spacious and clean, and the apartment was in a great location: close to tourist destinations, but not right in the middle of it all. Many of our favorite discoveries in Rome actually ended up being near the apartment - it's a great neighborhood with excellent restaurants, markets, and relaxing spaces. It is also right above a good subway stop, and walkable to Termini station, which makes it very convenient.
Max was a great host - responding to any questions and requests very quickly, and also offering great advice for things to do and ways to avoid lines at popular destinations!
If I ever go back to Rome, i'll look up Max again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChrisJBarker
Cork
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I arrived much later than expected as my flight was delayed and the taxi driver dropped other people off first. Max waited for me to arrive around one o clock on Monday morning. I had expected to arrive before eleven pm on Sunday night. Everything was good. The room was lovely with long windows opening into a courtyard. As a solo traveller it was great to get a double bed. Yes the bathroom was separate but that was fine. A very enjoyable stay and a short walk to Termini in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary D
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have read the few negative reviews, and I have to say that I don't agree. This apartment was perfect for my husband and me. We were looking for a place walking distance to both the Termini station and the Ancient Rome area, and we got exactly what we were looking for at a reasonable price. We had our own locked bathroom, a nice cappuccino each morning and a couple of freshly baked danish from the local pasticceria. The neighborhood is not the prettiest, but I never felt unsafe, and I was minutes from everything. The bedroom and bathroom were VERY clean, with plenty of room for luggage in the bedroom. Max was always accessible from the paging system outside of the apartment building (if you are international and can't use your phone). Max took about 15-20 minutes to give us a map and explain where all of the must see sights are. He has guidebooks available as well. He was extremely accommodating and helpful. The things you must remembers is that you do have to share a kitchen, and you have to pay the tourist tax when you get there (I think it's 2 Euro per day per person).

Room Tip: There are rooms with 2 twin beds and ones with double beds. Make sure you request the right one. W...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank acofarrell
Nice, France
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Max has got heaps of experience in this and it shows. The room was exactly what I expected & the breakfast croissant were delicious. Being right next to the metro makes life easy. There are heaps of decent restaurants in the area, but ask Max & he will tell you where to go. The park close by is lovely. For Rome this was pretty good value. Thumbs

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cat A
Legnica, Poland
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Max is very appealing and nice person. Since our first meeting he gave use good advises how to spend great time in Rome. He underlines us, to don't afraid contact with him in urgent situation. We was positively wonder his sense of humor. Every day the room was clean.We had free access to the good equipped kitchen with coffe machine. There ist free wifi. Each morning there was delivered croissants for breakfast. Localization is in close distance from Termini station and Victorio Emanuele subway station. In this area are supermarket, gelateria Fassini, restarants with acceptable prices. Summary : Max is very good host and we spend in his room great time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I booked a stay at Sixbeds for six nights and would definitely go back. Max was a helpful and knowledgeable host and upgraded us to a different room with a private bath (his Amistad location) after a couple nights. Both locations are clean, cheerful, and well situated. The second location had a larger kitchen which is helpful for travelers looking to save a little more by cooking their own meals.

Both locations are within walking distance of the Termini train station and doors away from a Metro stop. We spent each evening walking and exploring the restaurants, piazzas, and neighborhoods. The Esquilino neighborhood is a great one to explore and Max marked several points of interest on our map. We're so glad he did because it meant we saw several places we might otherwise have missed like the Capuchin Crypt.

If you're expecting a large hotel room with a private bath and continental breakfast, Sixbeds might not be for you, but if you're looking for an attractive, safe, clean, and affordable place to stay in the heart of the city, I heartily recommend this location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple