“Cozy place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #949 of 3,736 Rome B&B and Inns
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Cozy place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Six Beds. It was a fairly basic place to stay, but very cozy and gave us everything we needed. Breakfast was provided and location was good - close to the train station. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, Nederland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Staying at Sixbeds is the best thing you can do when you want to have a home-away-from-home-experience in Rome! Max is very friendly and helpful and will make you feel welcome. Only two hours after I arrived in Rome, I was having dinner and drinks with Max and his very kind neighbours. They showed me around Rome and told me all about the city's history. It's incredible how much Max knows about Rome and he is more than welcome to share his knowledge with you.

The bed and breakfast is located within walking distance from the central station Termini. The metro stop that will bring you all over town is literally on your doorstep, very convenient. The room I stayed in was decorated really cute and tastefully. The apartment is very clean. When you come home after a long day of sightseeing, you'll find your bed made and your room cleaned.

Over all it was the most hospitable stay I ever had in a bed and breakfast. Sixbeds is definitely your home in Rome!

P.S. the coffee and breakfast pastries that you get every morning are delicious :).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Marique88
Max S, Proprietario at Sixbeds, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Many thanks for the nice comment. I am always happy when I get a good feedback with my guests.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed in the single room at SixBeds for 45 Euros a night. The good things about the flat are the wifi internet, which is very fast, the extemely close proximity to the Vittorio subway station, and the general cleanliness of the place. The negatives are the following: on the minor side, the shower is what I would call miniature. I am a very small person so I didn't have a problem, but I suspect that if my 6'3" boyfriend had been with me, he would have had a very difficult time fitting in the shower stall. The major problem I encountered was the noise. The night before my last full day in Rome, the owner of the hostel took the two ladies staying in the room adjacent to mine out on the town. I was woken up at 1am, 3:30am, and 5am, all in the same night, by these folks. At 1am they were singing Italian songs in the kitchen (the apartment is very small, so the single bedroom faces the front door and is also right outside the kitchen). At 3:30 they were back, laughing and talking in the kitchen and the entranceway again, and at 5am the two ladies came back. Needless to say, I got very little sleep that night and was unable to get up early as planned. Part of the noise issue is that sound reverberates in the flat; there are no carpets or anything to muffle sound, so any noise gets amplified. Also, the owner allowed one of the women to smoke beside the kitchen window - as non-smokers know, smoking at a windowsill does not exactly stop the smoke from permeating the room. In a non-smoking establishment (there are no smoking signs everywhere), one expects that to be a firm rule, without having to ask somebody to stop.

Room Tip: Try to get the room furthest from the front door.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
, Owner at Sixbeds, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thanks for your comment and sorry if me or anybody else of my staff could be noisy in a way we couldn't realize.
Please just note that invite guests with us, when we can, to enjoy the city together is a standard attempt of us to try to make people comfortable while them stay (as I personally invited you as well, at your check-in). My apologize if it may have been occored any inconvenience while your stay.
Smoking is strectly forbidden in all the apartment. We allow people to smoke just out of it, and in no-case in a common area when other people could be around.
I could try to find some way to make you feel more comfortable if I could be informed about that it in one of the several times I was asking you how was going your stay with us.
Also, I will try to to put some carpets for the noises and make the shower bigger, even if it will be not very easy to do.
We don't know if guests has a pleasant stay with us: as you say, it is a chance. But I can assure you we do all our best with a view this could happen, every single time. I hope next time we will be more lucky with you.
Thanks again for your help to improve our service.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

I didn't actually stay at Amistad House, but stayed at their property around the corner on Via Rattazzi, Amistad House. Massimo, the owner, was very gracious and helpful, gave us a map and drew the best way to get around and see the sights. The room was clean and comfortable, and we slept well (until a construction crew got started down the block at 8am). Overall, I recommend if you want to spend a couple of easy nights in Rome.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jill P
Max S, Proprietario at Sixbeds, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thanks for your nice comment.
Guests like you makes my work easy and lovely!

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hi -

we just spent five nights at sixbeds.it in Rome.
Max (the guy who runs the place) is very nice and helpful. The place has a good feel to it - nothing fancy - but clean (very important to me!). We felt good staying there and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

My stay was ok but it was not a Sixbeds but the other property they seem to own, Amistad, a one minute walk from sixbeds. Why is it that you book one location and we often find ourselves walked into a different place? I had booked a room with a private bathroom, which I did get, but i had lock it and unlock everytime I wanted to use as it was outside our room. I was going with my mum - which they knew- so not what i wanted.
The included breakfast was nice but super sweet croissants filled with cream and chocolate every day and on arrival we were given the exact amount of coffee capsules for our stay, one a day per person.
Max was nice and helpful.
It's a place I'd certainly recommend if you are going with friends and are in your 20s or 30s on a budget.
Within walking distance was some of the main sights. Convenient tube.
La vecchia conca opposite sixbeds is a nice place for pasta and pizza! yummmm

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CrisNY
Bielefeld, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We had the feeling that the owner tries to make you pay in cash. For "some" reason the card reader has no network coverage. So we went our to search for an ATM. At 1 am! After we came back with no cash, the card reader "magically" worked again. One more thing that annoyed us was the shared toilet and bath. If someone blocks it, you might have to wait for 30mins just to use the toilet. In the morning, this can even take 1 1/2 hours, as it did for us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maxsmax, Owner at Sixbeds, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
It's not Sixbeds foult if POS connection is out of coverage everyday at midnight for techinical reasons, seen that arrival time was very late in the night, and reservation was just for one night only. It's not Sixbeds foult if you booked a sharing bathroom room, as in your reservation details and in Sixbeds description. As it's not Sixbeds policy to force people to pay cash instead of credit card. There is no reason.