“misleading...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 46 Gaeta B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“misleading...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

I spend three nights in this B&B and was utterly disappointed given the price I paid. To start with, breakfast was very poor and biscuits had probably been sitting on that table for weeks. When I paid I was not given any receipt which I found a bit odd... and when I asked for one, I received cagey answers but no receipt!!!
Finally, the website states that guests can use a pc to check the internet and bicycles... maybe I was an unlucky guest but those two facilities were not even mentioned to me! Plus, air con costs an extra 8€ and, when I emailed a week before my arrival asking info about the pickup service from the train station I got no answers. I would not recommend it and won't go again. Shame, because Gaeta is amazing and so are the beaches and the sea!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GIJo3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed at Un Letto a Gaeta for nine days, and had a perfect vacation in Gaeta. Davide is a fantastic host, and offered some great advice to what beaches to go to and restaurants in the old town.

If you are driving, be aware that Via Degli Olivi is very narrow, steep and has some tricky corners. If you're driving anything bigger than a Golf, my advice is to park on the other side of the main road. Davide showed me a street where we found parking every day.

In conclusion, Un Letto a Gaeta is a jewel, and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Gaeta.

• Stayed July 2011