“Not That Special”

Bar Roma Pasticceria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 5, 2019

It was one of many small restaurants along the waterfront at the port and not special. Coffee was average and the service fairly disinterested. It was a good spot to watch the passing tourists and locals.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (149)

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

First of all, I asked for a menu as my general experience of different prices for tourists and locals in the south of Italy has not been good. The young Bar man said that he thinks a glass of wine is €3. Or €3.50.. (which seemed a bit steep to me considering but I was quite used to daylight robbery by this point) They asked if I was sitting outside.. I said yes.

Anyway... the bill came and it was €8.20 for two glasses of white wine - apparently it cost more to sit outside.

It’s reasons like this that I won’t be rushing back to southern Italy..

Anyway, they don’t take card here so go with cash if you’re bothered to go. The wine was fine but I wouldn’t recommend..

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Tired on a hot day we settled here and were so impressed that even a simple can of soda was served with nibbles .
Coffee at a very nice temperature and good taste . Last but not the least the lemon cream cakes which were outstanding.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Maybe we were unlucky for a waiter, who spoke Italian only (I know we're in Italy but c'mon, waiters should speak at least a bit of English) and looked like a young macho that doesn't even have to be there. As an added bonus overpriced coffee (4,50 for ice coffee and espresso). I do not recommend.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed October 10, 2015

Not for anyone on a diet. Great sweets at a very reasonable price. They also have an excellent coffee bar in the back, which serves excellent expresso.

Date of visit: October 2015