Let me start by putting things into context.
Procida is not Ibiza, therefore if you need nightlife, designers' shops and glamour I may advise to look away from here. If all you need is relax and a genuine, unspoiled location, there you go.
The island itself can be walked in 1 hour from end to end through picturesque and narrow (very narrow) streets.
The hotel is a breath of fresh air in this environment. The style is contemporary, minimal and somehow stylish.
Lovely reception area built as a standalone building detached from the main hotel. Upon arrival you will be taken quickly though the main areas of the hotel which are: restaurant, pool and SPA. We weren't shown the SPA at all though but, to be honest, we had no interest in it (lovely hot weather outside).
Our room was located on the reception level (#201) and it was ok.
IMHO, I was expecting more considering the level of the hotel. Bed was great, rooms size was OK, bathroom a little disappointing with no windows and no bath tub (big shower though).
Flat screen TV with no satellite channels (e.g. SKY), free WiFi with good signal.
The room was a little humid, something we didn't even report considering that it is a tiny island and humidity is part of the game. However, a luxury hotel shouldn't have humidity-stained walls at all, I presume.
By the way, we booked a Garden View room and we were informed of the presence of a little patio with armchairs. The first thing I said when we checked in was that I thought we could get one of the rooms on garden level and not on street / reception level where the lovely patio is a 2 sq.m. piece of concrete with tiny plastic, foldable sun-loungers (very different from the lovely chaise longue seen downstairs).
The receptionist answered that our room was indeed a garden view and that the ones downstairs were classic rooms (a category you would assume of a lower level) but they could consider moving us later on during our stay upon availability. This request went forgotten and we couldn't be bothered about re-asking.
We also booked dinners on a half board basis and the service had always been great. Being on pre-set HB deal didn't allow us much choice (2 options for each course to choose from on spot) and we were never disappointed. In the dessert department we would advise to allow more variety and home-made options. Marco, the maitre, was excellent, extremely friendly and professional. A real asset for any high level hotel.
All in all, we did have a positive experience and would definitely advise it.
Absolutely fantastic for a quick break, perhaps paired with some SPA treatments and a special dinner. The access is great, a 35-min ride on regular hydrofoil from Naples (Molo Beverello) and connected to Ischia by the same hydrofoil service as well as private boats that can easily take you to Capri or other sea side towns in the area.
- Great pool
- Lovely garden
- Good food
- Great service
- Quintessence of tranquillity
- Buffet breakfast needs improvement (especially for foreigners)
- Garden / Pool level rooms to be preferred
- Humidity in (some) rooms to be sorted out
- Restaurant menu to be enriched
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis of vast, verdant gardens upon the island of Procida plays host to the sun-blushed, whitewashed La Suite – Hotel & SPA. Amid the rich, seat-scattered greenery, a slice of modernity awaits. Textured woods meet smooth white walls and glass features in the pristine, geometric facade, beyond which lie modern havens of contemporary cool. Guestrooms and suites are steeped in comfort and immersed in style, decorated in a softly muted palette of crisp white and soft grey with funky flourishes of bold black. Clean lines characterise the interiors, complemented with period-inspired pieces seen in plump leather armchairs and old-world artwork. Views of the garden and daybed-lined pool entice guests out into the sun-kissed surroundings, whilst adorning terraces are exclusive spaces of al fresco serenity. La Suite’s spa is a truly tranquil retreat in which to relax, unwind and indulge in an uplifting, rejuvenating treatment in an ambiance dedicated to decadence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Hotel & Spa La Suite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.