Review Highlights
A Wonderful Mix of Ancient Ruins and Modern Tech

I was fortunate to have taken a class at our local library, where Jason Schuman, spoke on The... read more

Reviewed November 26, 2019
Joan H
Patchogue, New York
Wow! Amazing tour with VR to see how Pompeii once was.

This was just about the most incredible tour experience I've had in my life. And everyone in our... read more

Reviewed November 1, 2019
dreams4all

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2017

We had a tour with a guide Biagio. It was a very interesting and informative experience. Biagio gave a lot of additional information about the place and specifically focused on explaining some details to our son, who due to age could not have 3D virtual tour, so while we were watching, he made sure our son did not get bored. And overall the tour contained exactly enough of information: not too little, so you get to know about the events 2000 years ago, yet not too much to ensure you actually remember everything after the tour is finished. Highly recommend

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Екатерина П
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

Very interesting Trip. We had a wonderful time in Pompeii. The guides were very helpful and patient. The Videos in the VR visor were very explanatory and very nice for children. I loved it!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Stefan T
jason s, Owner at Flashback Journey to Pompeii, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. I do remember chatting with you through email about your tour experience! Safe travels back home.

Jason S
Director of Operations/Owner
Flashback Journey to Pompeii

Reviewed September 19, 2016

We booked the 3D virtual reality tour and it was amazing! we saw Pompeii in a different view. I wouldn't recommend any other way to see Pompeii.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 9, 2016

Visit Pompeii on a Sunday. This is cultural day and entry is free. You won't find this widely advertised.

Wear decent walking shoes as the roads are constructed of large cobblestones and it is very dusty.

Some parts were closed off but still an interesting place to visit.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Pevbay
Reviewed July 22, 2016

This happened to be my favorite guided tour that we took while in Italy. The most expensive, yes, but it was well worth the money.

Our licensed guide was a very knowledgeable local woman who has her heart invested in Pompeii. Her professional degree/profession allowed her to share so much more than I expected to learn and discover on this tour. Though we paid more for this tour because of the 3D/VR aspect, she alone was worth the monies paid.

The VR aspect was so wonderfully fun! There was a gentleman who accompanied the tour guide who handled the "technical" side. He had a great understanding about what videos were available for viewing and appeared to help the tour guide determine what to cover at certain moments depending on crowds and how easily accessible certain areas were at that particular time. They made a good team.

We did go in July and the heat was atrocious. I would suggest to others to take a clean handkerchief to wipe down your brow/face before putting on the VR device. Otherwise you have to deal with a bit of moisture inside the device that can partially obscure your view.

Date of experience: July 2016