“Near Pompeii center and close to attraction”

Certe Notti Suites - Pompei
Ranked #8 of 61 Pompeii B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this B&B. The owners took very good care of my family (2 adults and 2 kids {12-14}). All enjoyed the breakfast and the location was less than 20 min walk to the city center and major tourist site. We arrived and parked the car and did not move it again until it was time to leave.
The train station is also close so if you want to go to Naples it is possible without driving. But make sure you take get off at the right station on the return trip. We miss our stop and had to get off at the next stop, and come back to train station near the major tourist attraction, which was an added 15 min walk to get back to the B&B. Price was good, clean and easy to walk to all the attractions.

Room Tip: Rooster woke us up at 0530 and some street noise but overall it was ok.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kwestLA

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Wonderful hotel, certainly the best of all during our trip to Italy.The rooms are as an apartment with a balcony overlooking a beautiful view and an orange grove.
Ione is a wonderful person I want to thank you for your advice.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at this b & b for four days, very nice. I was with my husband and my son. Our room was a suite, two bedrooms and bathroom. Excellent breakfast from 5 star hotel.I thank the owners for their hospitality and availability '.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The charming couple who run this excellent B& B clearly enjoy working in the hospitality industry. Nothing was too much trouble. They were very well informed and extremely helpful. The situation for the B& B is quiet, yet ideal for both town and archeological site. The breakfast was the best on offer during our 12 day tour of Italy and the bed the most comfortable. We believe this B&B is suitable for all ages and nationalities and highly recommend it. Well done B & B Certe Notti, we hope to return.

1  Thank MASKS
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We chose Certe Notti as a convenient way to explore the Pompeii ruins, traveling by car. After parking our compact auto in an equally compact, but quiet, courtyard, we were surprised to see our suite. There was a large sitting area with couch and single bed, and a separate bedroom facing the inner, quiet courtyard. The suite was bright, modern and the smell of the crisp white sheets was enticing.

Breakfast was typical and fresh and we were given a guidebook and directions.

It is a five minute walk to the square and an impressively beautiful Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii, well worth a visit. Another five minute walk along a street lined with vendors, shops and cafes takes you to the amphitheater entrance of the Pompeii ruins.

The advantage of this location is the proximity to the Square and neighboring streets of stores, cafes, award-winning gelato shops, and a selection of restaurants.

Certe Notti met and exceeded our expectations.

Locating the B&B is a bit difficult on the busy street, since the B&B has a closed gate and the sign faces away from you when approaching from the north. We were unable to call ahead, so we parked on a cross street until we rang the bell and the gate was opened.

3  Thank HerschelChester
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My teenage daughter and I spent two nights here recently while visiting Pompei. I'm glad we picked this place to stay. Firstly, though, getting to it can be quite a challenge though so be prepared. Can't comment on what it is like to drive to it personally (if you survive the Italian drivers that is who drive exceptionally fast and very aggressively as I found out when I drove in Northern Italy later on my trip) as we chose to take the local train up from Naples - it is quite a long way (about 50 minutes if you are unlucky enough to get a stopping all stations train as we did - it's about 24 stops I think I counted). And getting on the right circumvesuviana regional train line is very very confusing from Naples station - let alone which stop do you actually get off at when you are advised by the kind owner to get off at Pompei santuouri, but there is no station marked that on any map or timetable that I could find.....you get the picture.
Once you arrive though it is worth it. It is quite a surprise actually because it is about 10 minutes walk (or a few minutes drive from the train station) on a less than appealing street that looks worse than it actually is, but there you are, an attractive white double storey house with a super apartment to stay in.
The place is within reasonably easy reach of the ruins, although you do need a car or a taxi to get there - our hosts took us to the entrance though at no charge, which we appreciated.
The room we had - or should I say - apartment (there were two bedrooms, and large bathroom with plentiful hot water and good water pressure) was well appointed, the bed was the most comfortable anywhere we stayed in italy, there was free wifi, use of a PC if you wanted it, a fridge in the room. I might struggle though in the heat of summer, as there was no aircon in the bedrooms just a slightly inadequate one in the hallway (strange place to put aircon?) - we found it pretty humid and hot in late September as it was. The breakfasts were fine, although nothing special - and no hot offerings, but plenty of continental choices. The breakfast room is lovely - beautifully presented. We walked into town one night and ate at a quite decent and well priced restaurant - another unexpected thing was to actually enjoy walking around the town of Pompei which is not run down, but quite pleasant,with a nice square in the middle.
On the downside, to give an honest review of the B&B, I think the thing that was lacking here was that the exceptionally pleasant host and hostess, who live on site, did not come and talk to us (beyond giving us information about the city and the ruins when we arrived) at breakfast time , other than to ask us what we wanted. We are used to expecting this at B&Bs and one of the reasons we stay at B&Bs rather than hotels, and enjoy the experience of getting to know our hosts through these types of conversations, but this did not occur. However the host Antonio was very courteous and helpful and professional at all times, and can't fault him there at all, picking us up from the station when we arrived after a rather long trip due to a train strike in Naples, and also, for a very reasonable price, drove us to the airport as well for our departure, although again, I would have liked it more if he had chatted to us in the car on the way, but he did not. Perhaps his spoken English is not so good or he is a little shy? I'm not really sure, as he seemed to communicate both well and very speedily indeed when we were emailing regarding the booking.
We were also rather unlucky to have a considerable amount of a noise at night from surrounding areas - a particularly loud large TVs showing soccer matches, and a very loud and obtrusive disco till all hours (and it was not a weekend), so that was a shame. The water in our fridge was not replenished even though we asked for it to be.
All in all though we enjoyed staying here,and would recommend it, it was comfortable, clean and relaxing and very reasonably priced.
Oh and a lovely dog at the B&B, 'Romeo' which was a real bonus for my daughter.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Caroline K
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I agree with all the very positive reviews. We stayed 2 nights in an apartment for 5 and were impressed by the warm welcome from the hosts who went out of their way to help. There was a great choice for breakfast including big, fresh croissants. My only slight negative was that the air conditioning wasn't powerful enough but maybe we weren't using it properly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family