“Amazing food and service!!”
Review of Stuzzico by Lucius

Stuzzico by Lucius
Reserve a Table
Fri, 10/18
8:00 PM
Ranked #7 of 231 Restaurants in Pompeii
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is in Pompei in front of the archeological ruins entrance, Porta Anfiteatro. Small and welcoming location, furnished in according to Pompeian tradition, with kitchen view. The cellar is well-stocked of local (Campania) wines.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The chef was not only accommodating that I was celiac (in Italy!!!) but brought out options of different gluten free pastas and came out to speak to us and was so kind. An incredibly passionate chef with a clear love for what he does, the fresh ingredients he uses and the stellar service he provides. The food was incredible, I had the mixed seafood pasta and the seafood couldn’t get any fresher. 100% will go back next time we’re back in Pompeii (might make the trip back tomorrow just for the restaurant).

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A comfortably-sized restaurant; not big enough for busloads of cruise excursions, but just the right size for the chef to accommodate.

We found this restaurant mid-afternoon, for a very late lunch after visiting Herculaneum. We were very hungry, everything was closed. For some reason I thought this was a sandwich shop so I went in to buy a few sandwiches. The chef, (although I didn't recognize him as such at the time) was eating his own meal. He graciously took care of us.

I was struck by the menu. Many traditional dishes...although things I hadn't seen in the previous almost three weeks of my trip in Italy. The zucca and fagioli was delicious, so was the bruschetta, our pastas very tasty. (Green AND black olives in the puttanesca!)

The next night we decided to try some place else for dinner, and after strolling the length of the street and not finding anything that looked as good-- cavernous places where a barker stood outside to entice diners with "We have pizza and pasta!" we returned to Stuzzico by Lucius. The zucca and fagioli didn't disappoint the second time; steaks and the evening's special -- a tuna steak -- were delightful. The tuna steak might be the most delicious I have ever eaten.

The chef has a strong sense of what he wants his restaurant to be, yet he also wants to satisfy his diners. This can be a difficult balance yet he succeeded very well.

Recommendation: Tiramisu and Limoncello. (You'll thank me later.)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The title says it all really. Shame we tried here on our last night would have eaten here every night. Not sure the people giving the bad reviews have the right place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came here as the reviews were so amazing and we have to say, it was well worth it! It doesn’t look like that much form the outside but definitely don’t miss it! The service was excellent and the food outstanding! The portions are big, food is very fresh and it’s well affordable. Very much also appreciated the complimentary bruschetta, dessert and Limoncello! We will be back

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

YOU HAVE TO GO HERE! My boyfriend and I went here for dinner following a Pompeii Ruins tour (very close to the ruins) and the food, cost and hospitality were unmatched - it was as if our Nonno was cooking for us at home, the Chef was very kind, attentive and generous. If you're looking to eat following the Ruins tour or simply just staying in Pompei, this is the place to go.