All reviews great location fourth floor breakfast restaurant cakes separate rooms great directions rooms are basic but clean no tea or coffee making facilities hotel is situated pompeii scavi train station reception staff economy room three night stay free parking budget hotel hard boiled eggs would stay again
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Booked hotel after reading reviews on TA and very happy with my stay.

LOCATION
The hotel is on Via Plinio, just a couple of minutes walk to the quieter entrance to Pompeii at Piazza Anfiteatro, about 10 mins walk to Pompei train station, 15-20 walk to Pompeii Scavi train station, and close to the town and beautiful Basilica/bell tower. A couple of "top-rated on TA" places to eat nearby, plus loads more.

ROOM
Clean and spacious with double doors opening onto a balcony. Had view towards Basilica and over hotel's garden/dining area. Quiet (but I guess that also depends on guests!). Small, clean shower room with hairdryer. TV and aircon. Nice firm mattress (twin beds pushed together).

Free Wi-fi.

BUFFET BREAKFAST
Small selection of bread, cheese, cakes, pastries, yoghurt, juice and one tea/coffee (additional ones have to be bought at bar). Enough to start you off, but no biggy to miss!

Summary: Very pleasant, no problems, all staff were friendly and helpful, great location and we got it for about 30 GBP a night. Would stay again if we ever go back to Pompei!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank BonumCursum
Reviewed September 21, 2013

After spending 3 nights at the '' 3* Barone'' in nearby Salerno at almost twice the price, this hotel felt like paradise to a military camp.
The location could not be better, right opposite the ruins entrance, 5 minute walk to the lovely town center and 15 minutes walk to both railway stations, everywhere was spotlessly clean and nothing too much trouble if you needed any help. The management and staff were just excellent, I make special mention of this and even ask the names as I think they should be congratulated on their professional approach, many thanks to Anna, Nicoletta, Rosanna and Valeria well done girls, you should have entered the Miss Pompeii contest which was held when we were there, I am sure there would have been a dead heat of all four of you for the queen!!
I can honestly say that this hotel has to be rated the best value in Pompeii having previously stayed at others in the town, I hope to return again and I will look no further than this hotel.
Breakfast was plentiful of good choice and quality, our room was huge, air conditioned and WI-FI connection great.
What can I say more? Just book it, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had no. 46, top floor and on the side, quiet and spacious with nice balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BalticBill
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We booked our room with a mini bar and air conditioning but when we arrived we didn't have either. We asked reception and the excuse was that they were renovating but our room clearly never had air-con. However Good location to ruins.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

There are pluses to the hotel:

1. Location - within a few steps of the quieter entrance to Pompeii ruins. Nearby restaurants and cafes are a bit touristy but a short walk into the centre of the small town of Pompeii.
2. Cost - it's cheap!
3. It's clean
4. Free parking in a gated car park

However:
The hotel is being renovated and our room needed it. The shower door fell off as soon as I tried to move it. It was put back quickly but I was advised not to use it. Toilet seat moved worryingly - won't go into details! Lots of construction noise from early in morning.
Breakfast has a reasonable selection but is heavily angled towards sweet nor savoury - I object to having to pay for a second cup of coffee, it isn't unreasonable to expect to have tow cups with breakfast.

If going to Pompeii consider this hotel (and overall the pluses just about shade the negatives).

Room Tip: Ask whether the room has been renovated
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wren104
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Arrived a bit early for check in but were welcomed by the receptionist and given a complimentary drink of iced lime & lemon juice which was very welcome.
My room was a single on the 4th floor and quite nice, I had air conditioning and a hair dryer which my poor traveling companions on the 2nd floor lacked. Room was clean and kept supplied with clean towels, the bed was comfortable but I still had the worst two nights of the holiday.
It was just so noisy - if it was not other guests talking loudly in the coridoor outside my room at all hours of the night. this is 2.00am and 4.00am and other times in between, there were also dogs barking somewhere as well. I was like a zombie after the first night, and looking forward to leaving after the second night as that was no better.
Breakfast was abysmal....I am diabetic and could not eat the quantities of cake on offer, so looked for a alternative. There was ONE small slice of bread and a couple of slices of salami and sweaty cheese, another guest asked for more and the waiter was so surly I did not dare to ask for anything so went without.
The position of this hotel though is fantastic - only a few yards away from an entrance to the Pompei ruins, and also only a few short stroll from the many restaurants and shops. The hotel is undergoing renovations, if they could only do something about the noise it would be very good, but I would not stay there again - I need to sleep at night.

Room Tip: You need to be on fourth floor to get air conditioning.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family