“Amazing food and the service was top class!”
Review of Garum

Garum
Ranked #8 of 220 Restaurants in Pompeii
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tra gustose specialità campane, un’attenta selezione di vini e un ambiente raccolto ed elegante, il ristorante Garum - aperto dal dicembre 2011 dal titolare Fioravante Iovine – si farà ricordare per l’alta qualità delle materie prime utilizzate, per la varietà del menù (che alterna piatti fissi a quelli stagionali) e per l’attenzione alla tradizione locale, sapientemente rivisitata e rielaborata. Il piatto forte del ristorante – che è poi quello che dà il nome allo stesso – sono gli spaghetti al Garum, ovvero alla colatura di alici, versione “moderna” dell’antica salsa romana – detta appunto Garum – da cui con ogni probabilità discende.
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Make sure you make this restaurant a part of your visit to Pompey. The food was brilliant and the service could not have been better

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic little restaurant in Pompeii. Italy. Quality food at decent prices and the staff were lovely , couldn’t do enough to help.

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Warm welcome on entering the place !!

Anti pasta - Parma ham with mozzarella was DIVINE!! I’m a Parma ham lover and this was beautiful.
My husband had the seafood risotto and he would recommend that to all fish lovers.

The crispy cod melted in yr mouth and the mushrooms just complimented it so well

I would definitely go back to this place

The staff were soooooooo helpful. The little things they did just added to the experience of eating here.

10/10

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

This is the best place I've eaten at so far during my stay in Pompeii. I ate a large, late lunch so my only downfall was I didn't come with a bigger appetite! My steak was cooked perfectly, and tasted amazing. My husband ordered a bottle of wine and the sommelier suggested a different bottle and we were not disappointed! We speak very little Italian but felt very welcomed here and will definitely come back if we're in the area again in the Future!

Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

I couldn't ask for anything more. Everything was perfect. Food was perfectly cooked and wonderfully seasoned. Service was 5 star worthy and had a good wine recommendation. If I had one complaint it would be the lighting was in your eyes (they should use uplighting), but that's me being picky.