Hotel Amleto
Apollo Hotel(Pompeii)
Hotel Palma(Pompeii)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsworked greatlight sleeperclean roomsbuffet breakfastcentral locationstayed for nightstilesruinsbedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Been wih my family back in October. The stay at the Amleto Hotel has been really excellent. We've felt very welcome since the arrival: they've taken care right away of our car (they have a free garage right underneath the hotel), then every time we needed some information they were so kind and professional.

The hotel is small but it has all the amenities and is located very close to the entrance of the Ruins. The room was clean (size like other Hotel in Europe, but enough for 3 persons), breakfast really rich and good. My son really liked the free internet point. i suggest to everyone to stay at the Amleto

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2008

My mother, stepsister, and I stayed at Hotel Amleto for 3 nights and 3 days and just loved it! The staff were very friendly, welcoming, professional, and willing to accomodate our needs. We arranged a private tour of Pompeii and had problems getting in touch with our Italian guide from the US so they did it for us! At no charge. The rooms were clean with enough room and we had lovely balconies and terraces to relax on. The hotel's location near the back gate of Pompeii is ideal and I suggest you start your tour from the back gate as you'll see more and avoid the huge crowds. The basilica in Pompeii was also lovely and very busy. I highly recommend Hotel Amleto!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank chaines9
Reviewed May 5, 2008

You could be anywhere in the world in a lot of four star hotels but we really did feel that we were in Italy at the Amleto.

I travelled with my husband and seven year old son. We stayed at the Amleto for three nights.

Our room was on the first floor and it was noisy at night but pulling down the roller blind as far as it would go helped to block a lot of this out. The room was comfortable, clean and airy and the bathroom (which was almost as big as the bedroom) was fabulous with tiled floors, a powerful shower, loads of big fluffy towels and complimentary toiletries. The front of house staff and those serving breakfast were welcoming and helpful and didn't appear to tire of our constant requests to get the car in and out of the garage!

The hotel's main entrance is on a side street opposite a building that is being renovated. We didn't get any noise from the site but our room overlooked the development and it wasn't pretty!
Saying that, the hotel is great for visiting the archeological sites, accessing the autostrada and was just a few steps from the town square which is buzzing with atmosphere in the evening. The front door of the hotel is always locked. Your pressed a bell to get in. I liked this as it made the hotel feel safe.

I liked the smell of lillies that wafted up the spiral staircase from the lobby and watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang dubbed into italian on the tv after a tiring day 'doing the sites'.
My husband liked the blinds that could be operated without getting out of bed, the mini bar and the powerful shower.
My son liked breakfast, the complimentary shower caps and the bidet!

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank AtkinNottinghamshire
Reviewed April 19, 2008

As others have noted, the "4-star" label applied to some Italian hotels seems rather generous, but I realized after our trip that if a hotel has a garage, it is a 4-star hotel. Since we did not have a car on our trip, the garage was unnecessary to us, so we did not utilize it. The lobby is beautiful, as is the main entryway, but its old world Italian roots are readily realized when you walk into the boarding area. The blue and gold flowered tile is pretty, because it's Italy, but the lighting fixtures and layout of the rooms gives its true age. The bed was quite uncomfortable and the mechanical shutters were interesting, but not really necessary. The view from our room was another wall, and we had a little balcony on which two people could stand, but it was over a patio that the other rooms beside ours shared. It was difficult to find the hotel coming from the main Pompei train station, but once we got our bearings, it was easy to locate and it was a good location to access one of the entrances to the Pompeii ruins, an excellent restaurant, and some shopping. The access to free internet was outstanding, and although we asked for our room not to be cleaned, it was still cleaned--meticulously. The hotel has its ups and downs, but overall it was safe, a bit dated, but the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lengara_Pace
Reviewed October 24, 2007

We stayed for one night to visit the ruins which are a 5 minute walk away (not the main entrance).
The staff were really friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived.
It was a nice sized room with a balcony, but the spartan decor was not 4 star in my opinion. The bathroom was large but 30 years out of date.
The car parking was great for us as we had driven, and the staff parked the car and retrieved it when we left.
Although the room was not great, I would recommend a one night stay, and the staff were so friendly they won us over.

Stayed: October 2007