“Great location for Pompeii site.”
Review of Hotel Amleto

Hotel Amleto
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Pompeii
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Easy to find hotel, just a few minutes from train station (main Pompeii train station, not Pompeii scavii station.) Just a few minutes walk to Pompeii site. Ample breakfast. Very clean. Lovely communal areas.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Amleto for one night in between a week in Tuscany and Umbria and a week on the Amalfi Coast and Napoli. We were impressed with the hotel. It is clean, modern, comfortable and within easy walking distance of the Pompei ruins, the Duomo and other attractions in Pompei. The breakfast was very good. The most notable part of our stay was the great and friendly service. The staff volunteered to drop off our two cars at a lot they own close to the exit of the Pompei ruins, for no charge. They even packed our cars for us. Very impressed. Grazie Mille!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I have just returned from Italy and staying at this hotel. While walking around the Pompeii ruins, I had the misfortune to break my ankle (really rather badly - this is now one plate and NINE pins later); needless to say this was a dreadful disaster! The staff at the hotel were truly amazing. They could NOT have been more kind. When I had to return to the hospital for a cast, they took me themselves and refused to charge. They escorted me into the hospital itself; their only English speaker came along to help. They cared for my children while my husband and I were in the hospital and fussed charmingly around me when I returned. They magicked up a wheelchair out of nowhere to help me and at one stage (rather embarrassingly!) one of the gentlemen even carried me across the hospital car park. The rooms were beautifully clean. the breakfasts great and the air conditioning when I was cooped up in my room fabulous and very welcome. Lovely, LOVELY, people.

Room Tip: No restaurant but the little restaurant adjacent, has reasonably priced, good food with great (quite...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The rooms are very clean, but also very small and look like a dorm.In furnishings and deor. There is nothing wrong with this hotel for a 2 star. Clean, good location, good price and delicious breakfast. The foyer and breakfast room is lovely. This is where the money has been spent They do have a full fridge and tv. We have stayed all over Italy and I don't understand the inconsistency in this rating. Good hotel but misleading rating

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HTRCanada
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for one night and i really recommend this hotel. The only thing is that they do not have a restaurant, but there is plenty nice places around for a good Italian dinner. The room is very nice with a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was one of our favorite hotels on our trip to Italy. Classic traditional italian decor in excellent condition and pristine throughout. One of the best complimentary continental breakfasts we encountered in our two weeks as well- the warm pastries were amazing! The location could not have been more ideal also, walking distance to the best restaurants in town, the main piazza, the archeological ruins of Pompeii, and the train station. Even seniors could walk to all locations leisurely.
It's true what the other reviewers write about the women who serve breakfast and do the housekeeping- so friendly and accomodating and always smiling! It looks like they really enjoy their work! I'm not sure what their rates are all year round, but we visited in May and we spent more on other 3 star hotels in cities like Rome and Florence, and this 4 star was less expensive and more value.
I can't get enough of visiting the Pompeii ruins, but I would even go back to Pompeii just to spend another relaxing night in this hotel! I recommend staying for a night or two in Pompeii to see what life in Italy's smaller towns is like and to get away from the tourist beaten track. Many tourists visit the ruins but most don't spend the night in town. I recommend Pompeii and this is the hotel to stay in!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Arriving at the hotel, the person behind the desk quickly unloaded our luggage and parked the Fiat van (for free!), gave us our room keys (we had 2 rooms), and told us about a restaurant open on a Monday night.

The small elevator was quick. The sweeping spiral stairs, lovely. The rooms were well appointed. The children, ages 8 and 5, loved the bunk bed in the room. The en suite bath was pristine. The beds were very comfortable. The other bedroom, a king, was equally clean and comfortable. The bath, equally pristine.

The biggest surprise... beyond the breakfast (a large assortment of cereals, bakery items, cream cheese, juices, coffee/tea) ... was the wonderful and friendly breakfast hostess who offered us fresh kiwi halves, generous portions, as well as making whatever coffee we wanted. She gets 5 stars!

And, the hotel location is tremendous. A short walk to the ruins. Wonderful accommodations. Would we stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family