“Fantastic gelato! Unmatched!!”

Pasticceria De Vivo dal 1955
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Pompeii
Cuisines: Southwestern, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the Roma street, halfway between the ruins of Pompeii and the Cathedral , our confectionery manufacturing for 50 years its delicious products. Customers is welcomed in an elegant and family and is served with every attention and care.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I love de Vivo - they have a small but excellent range of icecreams, the taste of which is unmatched IMO (with the exception of the shop with 72 flavours of icecream located in Rome). I dont think anyone can beat their melon icecream. I can say the same for their pastries and cakes and they make the best torte caprese I have ever eaten. What many people dont know is that they stock some of the best (and not very expensive) wines from the Campanian region and I dont think I have ever purchased a bottle that was average. They are open from 5.30 am to 12.30 am.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

As they say the best icecream in town. I must admit is was very good although GROM in Florence tops it all. Nice place, THe only thing was the bad service. As we got in line for our icecream, the lady behind the counter did her very best to look right trough us and helped every other "local" customer before getting to us " tourists".

Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you go to Pompeii use the less busy Piazza Anfiteatro entrance. About 100 yards away is this excellent cake and ice cream shop, way better than anything you will get in the site itself. Just the place to restore oneself with coffee, pastries and a wide range of truly exceptional home made ice-creams.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Having visited the Pompei ruins and strolling down the main street my wife and I decided to find some refreshment.

The Pasticceria De Vivo is what class should be. Elegant design and atmosphere pastries to die for and the caffe (espresso) wonderful.

Recommend a visit for anyone having some time left after a long day.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I went with my wife last month and we love this place! Coffee and pastry Uhmmm! Service A+!!!!. You have to stop here if you go to Pompeii!