“Atmosphere and Authenticity”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I showed up to dinner fairly late in the evening. We were warmly greeted by our server, who later on in the evening revealed that he was the owner. We were the last to leave by about an hour and were never rushed. The food is authentic, not changed to appeal to tourists. The flavors robust and everything fresh. The unpretentious atmosphere is so welcoming, it turns the meal into an experience.

1  Thank Discocanuck
Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Let Roberto or Salvatore guide you on what to order and you will be delighted with the result. It feels more like visiting friends than going to a restaurant, except that the food is much better than your friends are likely to be able to produce. Salvatore recommended the sea bass, which was fresh, delicate and moist, followed by rum baba accompanied by limoncello. I was so impressed that I returned the next night, and was greeted like an old friend. This time Roberto recommended the sea bass cooked in a different way, with beautiful vegetables, followed by a delicious cake filled with buffalo ricotta for dessert and a homemade liqueur made from fennel. Reasonably priced and great informal atmosphere.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We visited based on TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. It was a cold, rainy December night just before Christmas and Pompeii was pretty dead, and this restaurant was no different. All of our travelling was catching up to me and I was exhausted, and did something I usually don't - I asked the server (whose name I can't recall, but he must have been the manager) to simply recommend the courses for the meal, including wine. He did not disappoint! My friend and I ended up trying some fresh fish prepared in what must have been the local style, some great (and affordable) local wine that the manager explained in detail in terms of where it came from, where it ranked in quality relative to other wines from the region, etc. He offered us some apertifs (thankfully not limoncello) with dessert, and told us all about the desserts that he selected for us. Throughout the night he provided a perfect level of service and seemed genuinely pleased to be serving us. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Lorne-Belize
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Discovered Add'u Mimi on tripadvisor as we were visiting Ancient Pompeii and wanted to find somewhere to have lunch afterwards. We turned up at around 1.30pm and had no problems getting a table for 4 people. The owner Roberto took us through the menu and made some recommendations. We weren't dissappointed; the antipasti was excellent and the mains dishes were all wonderful. The highlight was the whole grilled sea bass; it took a little longer to arrive than the other dishes but it was worth the wait. Roberto advised to not use lemon; he was right! Not the first time on our trip in Italy that we have been told this! To finish off, we were kindly given a home made appertiff which definitely warmed the heart! The whole lunch for the 4 of us cost EUR70; unheard of back home in Sydney for the quality of meal we had. Highly recommend paying a visit to Add'u Mimi

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were a little cautious having had a few misses with top rated TripAdvisor restaurants (we noticed this was usually an issue in bigger cities) but decided to take a risk with Add'u Mimi. And it paid off handsomely.

Despite the slightly touristy exterior and somewhat gruff looking doorman, everything about this restaurant hit the right spot for us - excellent food, even more fantastic service and we left our dining experience learning something about how local dishes were prepared, thanks to the wonderful hospitality and generosity of Roberto who had such pride in the restaurant food and its 187 year history. His knowledge of the local produce, especially fish was very impressive. He also very generously allowed us to sample grilled and the local pickled aubergine and the classic Napoli cake on the house just so we could get a sense of what truly local food was like. I had the best ricotta cheesecake (it redefined my understanding of what cheesecake could be) in my life here and Roberto introduced us to my favourite fennel digestive! My husband had the 3rd best grilled seabass in the house ("the best 2 are reserved for my bambini", Roberto proudly declared!) and the best he'd ever eaten.

It was a completely unexpected find in Pompei and after 3 hours navigating the massive Pompeii archaelogical site, this restaurant turned out to be the best discovery of the day!

我们都有些谨慎,有过一些失误到到网最受好评的餐厅(这个问题通常是在较大的城市, 我们发现),但决定采取风险Add'u咪咪。了丰厚的回报。

尽管稍微旅游观光的外表和有些不怎么友善的看门人,这家餐厅的一切击中右点 - 我们美味的食物,更出色的服务,我们离开了我们的用餐体验,学习当地菜肴的东西,感谢盛情款待,并慷慨的Roberto,其187年的历史中有这样的骄傲。他的当地特产的知识,尤其是鱼类,给人留下了非常深刻的印象。他还非常慷慨地让我们免费品尝烧烤和当地的腌茄子和那不勒斯的经典蛋糕,这样我们可以得到真正的本地食品感。我有最好的乳清芝士蛋糕(重新定义我的理解可能是什么样的芝士蛋糕。在这里,Roberto也介绍了我最喜爱消化饮料!我丈夫在家里尝到第三个最好的烤鲈鱼(“最好两条是保留给我两个BAMBINI”,罗伯特·自豪地宣称)。这条烤鱼是他吃过最好的。

这是一个完全意想不到的发现!