“Must do tour of Pompeii”

Tours of Pompeii with Lello & Co.
Ranked #2 of 52 Tours in Pompeii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tours of Pompeii provides exceptional private and semi-private Pompeii Tours as well as tours and van and driver service all over the region including Capri, Amalfi, Positano and Naples.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We booked this tour based upon the Trip Advisor reviews and are so pleased we did. We opted for the drive from a Rome which made the day relaxing and easy for us. All the arrangements were well organised and our driver was great. When we arrived in Pompeii Marco had us all rapt from the first moment. His knowledge and enthusiasm was infectious and he wove an amazing image of daily life in Pompeii. Our boys 12 and 14 where enthralled. It was a really great day and we can not recommend Marco highly enough!!!

1  Thank swaneeAus
Write a ReviewReviews (1,712)
All reviews
in 30 reviews
"full day tour"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We just finished a 2 week cruise of the Med, and we all agree that Pompeii and Vesuvius were the highlights of our trip. I'm sure that is due to our wonderful guide and (now) friend Lello! Lello was wonderful and kept our teenage daughter engaged and excited for the entire tour. There were some computer issues at the front gate to Pompeii and I'm sure we would have had trouble entering if not for Lello, who seems to be a bit of a local celebrity! Lello's knowledge of the site, his passion for the archaeological value, and his absolutely wonderful personality makes him the best tour guide I've ever experienced anywhere in the world. He made us feel a part of the area and as though we were visiting his home, rather than just tourists on a trip.
Everyone we dealt with at Tours of Pompeii were second to none, from our tour arranger Louise, who kept me informed and updated via email to our very pleasant driver Umberto. Again, I recommend only seeing Pompeii/Vesuvius with this exceptional group!!!

2  Thank S1bamafan
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We're so glad we chose Tours of Pompeii for our day trip to Pompeii and Ercolano. Louise answered my emails efficiently and arranged the day to suit us. We opted to be driven around so we didn't have to worry about the crazy traffic or catching local trains to the sites. Angelo met us at the Naples train platform, drove us to both sites and then back to the station in comfort. Our fantastic guide was Fabio/Lello who greeted us enthusiastically and never let up on that enthusiasm over the next 6 hours. He did an excellent job of engaging with every member of our family. Lello used his incredible knowledge to introduce us to the Roman way of life in both towns, before and on the day of the disaster, with passion and humour. This was absolutely one of the best days we had on our 11 week trip to Europe.

1  Thank Rachbed
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We used Artviva and through Lewlo got a private Tour of Pompeii. It was the best decision we made. THe weather was horrible with heavy rains and wind and really cold but Lewlo was the best thing ever. He was engaging, funny and helped us relive Pompeii in our minds. We felt like we could close our eyes and actually be living in that Era. Pompeii is a wodnerful must visit place if you are in Italy and please hire a good guide Like Artviva and Lewlo who will help enhance the experience for you. It would have been disaster without him. I saw some groups and people who were trying to listen to Lewlo too to get some insight.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We followed the tripadvisor's reviews, looked at the pictures - actually wanted to get the feel from the photos here whether the guide will be engaging enough for our 2 sons (8 and 14). I'll be honest - we liked how Lillo looked like - he looked engaging. And, he was.

I uploaded pictures with Lillo, so people can get a better look at him. I myself don't care much looking at other members pictures of themselves and I don't believe anyone cares much about my family.

We kind of insisted on Lillo being our guide. The lady who helps with bookings was helpful. Sometimes there was a small delay in her replies but I think it is because they get so many requests.