“If you see Pompeii, do it with Lello!!”

Tours of Pompeii with Lello & Co.
Ranked #1 of 46 Tours in Pompeii
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours of Pompeii provides exceptional private and semi-private Pompeii Tours as well as tours and van and driver service all over the region including Capri, Amalfi, Positano and Naples.
Pensacola, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“If you see Pompeii, do it with Lello!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We just finished a 2 week cruise of the Med, and we all agree that Pompeii and Vesuvius were the highlights of our trip. I'm sure that is due to our wonderful guide and (now) friend Lello! Lello was wonderful and kept our teenage daughter engaged and excited for the entire tour. There were some computer issues at the front gate to Pompeii and I'm sure we would have had trouble entering if not for Lello, who seems to be a bit of a local celebrity! Lello's knowledge of the site, his passion for the archaeological value, and his absolutely wonderful personality makes him the best tour guide I've ever experienced anywhere in the world. He made us feel a part of the area and as though we were visiting his home, rather than just tourists on a trip.
Everyone we dealt with at Tours of Pompeii were second to none, from our tour arranger Louise, who kept me informed and updated via email to our very pleasant driver Umberto. Again, I recommend only seeing Pompeii/Vesuvius with this exceptional group!!!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank S1bamafan

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Bathurst, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“You must see Pompeii and Ercolano with Lello!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We're so glad we chose Tours of Pompeii for our day trip to Pompeii and Ercolano. Louise answered my emails efficiently and arranged the day to suit us. We opted to be driven around so we didn't have to worry about the crazy traffic or catching local trains to the sites. Angelo met us at the Naples train platform, drove us to both sites and then back to the station in comfort. Our fantastic guide was Fabio/Lello who greeted us enthusiastically and never let up on that enthusiasm over the next 6 hours. He did an excellent job of engaging with every member of our family. Lello used his incredible knowledge to introduce us to the Roman way of life in both towns, before and on the day of the disaster, with passion and humour. This was absolutely one of the best days we had on our 11 week trip to Europe.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rachbed
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour with Lewlo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We used Artviva and through Lewlo got a private Tour of Pompeii. It was the best decision we made. THe weather was horrible with heavy rains and wind and really cold but Lewlo was the best thing ever. He was engaging, funny and helped us relive Pompeii in our minds. We felt like we could close our eyes and actually be living in that Era. Pompeii is a wodnerful must visit place if you are in Italy and please hire a good guide Like Artviva and Lewlo who will help enhance the experience for you. It would have been disaster without him. I saw some groups and people who were trying to listen to Lewlo too to get some insight.

Visited December 2013
New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Lillo is amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We followed the tripadvisor's reviews, looked at the pictures - actually wanted to get the feel from the photos here whether the guide will be engaging enough for our 2 sons (8 and 14). I'll be honest - we liked how Lillo looked like - he looked engaging. And, he was.

I uploaded pictures with Lillo, so people can get a better look at him. I myself don't care much looking at other members pictures of themselves and I don't believe anyone cares much about my family.

We kind of insisted on Lillo being our guide. The lady who helps with bookings was helpful. Sometimes there was a small delay in her replies but I think it is because they get so many requests.

Visited May 2013
Charlotte
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceptional tour because of Lello”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I'm writing this the evening we did our tour. We have 4 days in Rome and pretty much had everyday planned. I did booked this tour before we left for Italy and being New Year's Day was the day I wanted this tour we weren't sure if this tour would happen. My husband wanted to visit the Amalfi coast and this tour included a drive to Positano. Perfect! I felt like we lucked out getting this itinerary and able to do this on New Year's Day. Lello was our guide and Alexandro was our driver. Lello was wonderful! He was very knowledgeable and he kept us engaged (we have an 18 & 12 year old) on the entire tour which was about 2 hours. We were the only people in the group so we had Lello all to ourselves. Lucked out again. We plan on visiting the Collosseum within the next two days and lucky for us we haven't booked any touring companies yet. We will definitely give this company a call and hopefully we will luck out again. As a comparison, my husband and I went on a Mediterrean cruise 13 years ago in 2000 and did an excursion to tour Pompeii. It was with a cruise so I did not pick the tour company. We didn't know any better then. I've read the reviews of Tour of Pompeii with Lello and based on the high ratings I contacted them. So glad for travelers/customers to take the time to write a review. Book with Lello. Exceptional tour because of Lello.

Visited January 2014