Open today: 8:30 AM - 7:30 PM

Ways to Experience Pompeii - Archaeological Area.
from $206.20
from $103.70
from $138.30
from $69.10
9,889 results
All reviews audio guide free map wear comfortable shoes bucket list ticket office plaster casts walking shoes huge site bring water bottle of water main entrance circumvesuviana train we spent hours lots of water an amazing place own pace porta marina
Reviewed today

If you are ever in this area, Pompeii is not to be missed. Although the buildings are not exactly as they were almost 2,000 years ago, you get some sense of how the city was laid out and operated. The place is huge, and the few hours that we were there was not nearly enough to see all that there is to see. We missed so much when you Google Earth the site, but with a large group of 40 like we had, it isn't practical to try to see everything- there would be too much walking. If we had 2 days to spend here, you could see more if it is open to tourists. It is incredible that we could see the frescos on the wall, the piping for water delivery, baths, theatres, brothels, homes, shops. Everything that you would need in a Roman city, is still there and can be seen. From what they told us, the entire city has not been excavated, but a great part of it has. don't expect to see a lot of plaster casts of people who died. There are a few there, and a few skeletal remains on display. Think of this as a trip back in time, thanks to the preservative nature of the volcanic rock that encased this city.

Reviewed today

Well if you want to see only the ruins, you will "see" only some old rocks. If you'll try to understand for how many years is this city standing you will be impressed by it's size.... it's structure. When you arrive try to pass by all those parking that want so much money for only 1 hour!!! From the side, the theater's entrance you will find parking to leave your car for only few money.
Try to have the hall day in front of you, some believe that 2-3 hours are enough to see Pompeii... my experience was more than 6 hours and still I didn't see everything I could, should or want....

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Our visit with the audio guide was very good. We moved at our own pace for three hours and chose our sections in the site. Overall a must see. Too few guides and most were disinterested. Some information boards outside/inside ruined buildings would help. Visitors should be directed first to the excellent film on entry. Beware of Tempo Travel ( upstairs in building across from rail station). The girl selling the audio guides had a poor manner. No additional advice offered and €100 deposit required if you do not carry passport.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Wow. Not sure what I was expecting - perhaps a few ruins and excavations - but this was magnificent. Basically, a preserved ancient Roman metropolis, where you can see how it functioned and how people lived. Really, right up there with the Great Wall in terms of impact on me. November was a great time to visit as it was quiet tourist-wise. A must, an absolute must.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The most important heritage I have even seen in my life. Can’t believe what you see when walking around. Must not miss.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

While on a trip to Naples we took the train journey to Pompeii and it was a great decision!!!!! Sadly it was a rainy day on our visit, but it didn't dampen our experience too much. There is so much to see and it is advisable to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy your visit. We and to queue for 30 minute to get in which wasn't bad, but I highly recommend that your hire an audio tour guide which was only €6.50 and it helped to explain a lot of what you are seeing. Do not miss this trio if you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 days ago

This is one of those truly amazing places in the world, a place you've undoubtedly heard and read about since you were a kid, simply a must see. It is much larger than I expected, 2-3 hours of walking around and we saw maybe 20%. And there's so much more to see, artifacts and buildings, streets and frescos, graffiti (Roman) and magnificent paintings, then I had ever imagined. And they're still digging!

Reviewed 2 days ago

I have a great interest in Roman History, this was my third time to visit Pompeii and thanks to the guide I was able to see parts that I had not seen on the previous visits. I also learned that the Eruption of Vesuvius may not have taken place in August but it may now have been October.
This is a wonderful place to go and soak in the atmosphere. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Take time to visualize how life must have been at the time Vesuvius blew its top. It helps if you have a book with overlays as I did. (bought it secondhand on line) The walking, especially in the forum area and on the main streets is fairly easy although the climb up through the main gate is steep. There is an elevator off to one side. You may have to ask for it.
I've seen a lot of ruins in a lot of countries,. For sheer scope of the city (not an individual building) Pompeii is absolutely the best.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We spent our first afternoon exploring the archaeological site and really enjoyed it. Very interesting, a must see.