“Very nice place”
Review of Studio83 B&B

Studio83 B&B
Ranked #14 of 57 Pompeii B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place was very centrally located. Easy walk from train station and to the ruins. Fabio gave us a warm welcome and helped us plan our day.

The place is clean and modern on the inside. There was four of us. It was tight, but for just one night it was perfect.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Loni22
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I was delighted to read your comments and that you found every aspect of your stay, including the most comfortable beds in Pompeii !!, to your liking. Thanks you for taking the time to wright this review and I hope you come and join us at Studio83 again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We arrived late at Naples and Fabio kindly met us at the airport in a taxi, which made things very easy for us. Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable, and breakfast was a good choice of cereal, breads, cheese and ham, yoghurt, fruit, juice, and coffee or tea; just what you need before a day exploring the ruins which are a short walk away. There are several restaurants to choose from in the area, and Pompeii itself feels safe. We are so pleased we stayed here rather than in Naples. When we visited Naples we were surprised by how dirty it was and how unsafe we felt there. Fabio and his mother are lovely people who made us feel very welcome, and we heartily recommend Studio 83.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

“Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with my family. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Studio83, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were very disappointed in this B&B. The owner was OK but we felt that he was not engaged in the running of the operation. He didn't provide useful tourist information, all brouchers were in Italian, breakfast was a joke, and when we asked him about the train information, he wasn't very helpful. Basically he wasn't around to be a decent host. We would have better in a traditional sterile hotel environment. We would not recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Stay in another lodging facility but if you decide to stay here, avoid the room next to the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I really do not know what you mean. We do not have brouchers. We give the map of the City and Pompeii Ruins. The maps are translated into 5 languages. The routes are drawn with colored lines (Yellow to go to the ruins - Blue to the station etc.).
Regarding the breakfast and maps, please read the other reviews. For example, the last one, titled "Perfect accomodation for visiting the ruins." talking about the breakfast. As well as the other titled "Excellent accommodation in Pompeii" talking about the map.
About train timetables, it is available in every room.
Also we provide for on-line consultation on Studio83 computer for free.
I'm sorry you did’t found what all the other guests have found.
All my best regards.
Fabio - Studio83

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Fabio and his mother were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Lovely breakfast and great large rooms. Gave us city map and information on what to do as we stayed 4 days. We wanted to see beyond Pompeii. Location is handy to town and walking distance to Pompeii archaeological site. Also good for other locations in area. Recommend to anyone who is looking for a more homely option than a hotel.
Susan and Lin

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Some have balconies which was nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear you had a great stay with us recently and that you enjoyed the facilities which Studio83 offers.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When I began to research my trip to Pompeii, I found two recommendations of where to stay: Naples or Sorrento. It wasn't until I found Studio 83 I considered actually staying in Pompei itself, and I am very glad that I did. Studio 83 is perfectly located a short walk from the Pompei train station and easily got to with luggage. It is well maintained, clean, and safe, a location I would feel comfortable staying at as a young single woman. However, it is the little things that make this B&B truly remarkable: a friendly host, a simple but delicious breakfast, (a tv you can watch in English!). Best of all, staying in the town of Pompei not only allows visitors easy access to the ruins site (getting there early is a great way to beat the crowds) but also the experience of staying in a small Italian town: the grocery stores, shopping, laundry, and local restaurants. My family and I vacationed all through Italy and our experience in Pompei was by far the best.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsay S

Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review on Studio83. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed the whole experience including free SKY .
I hope that you will be returning to us soon.
With renewed thanks,

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Fabio is very friendly, ready to help as soon as you arrive with your luggage, to park a car, with useful informations, city map, ... you have feeling, that you came to visit an old friend... Location is excellent, the breakfast also (thanks to his Mom ) ...

Fabio speaks very good English. I would definitely recommend this apartments to anyone, who wants to visit Pompeii. Also the best starting poin for exploring the surround cityes like Naples, Sorento,...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for your great feedback following your recent stay at Studio83. I was really delighted to read that you enjoyed our service and the small touches that make Studio83 so special. I was glad you enjoyed your breakfast and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally on your next trip to Pompeii.
With renewed thanks,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

To be fair about a review I should mention that our mindset was budget conscious for this trip, but we were not willing to compromise on cleanliness, and basic comfort. Honestly, we did not know what to expect but as it turned out Studio 83 provided adequately to our needs. The owners, Fabio and his mom were responsive, friendly and communicative.

First about the location. The location is truly within walking distance to the ruins of Pompei and very much in the center of the city.

A little about our experience. We arrived via car after 6PM on a Tuesday in April 2013. We were greeted by Fabio who was very helpful. The apartment where Studio 83 is located has an under building garage where he took and parked our car. In fact he held on to our car key and served as our parking attendant whenever we needed the car which was a great convenience for us. Fabio is fluent in English and communication was smooth.

Our room was clean and updated and had many cable channels broadcasting pretty much from everywhere in Europe and many languages; flipping channels was fun.. The room was located in a nicely renovated apartment with several other rooms. The window of our room faced the street of the apartment buildings but it was quiet in the room. The common area of the condo had a hallway leading to the kitchen and exit. A very nice room was dedicated for the breakfast equipped with tables and chairs for the guests. The breakfast was prepared and served by Fabio's mom, a very nice and pleasant woman and the breakfast was plentiful and tasty.

At the owner's recommendation we had dinner at a local reasonably priced Tratoria called Add'u Mimi which within walking distance from the B&B and enjoyed some local dishes and local wine. The wine was unlabeled, natural, smooth, not super sophisticated but very fragrant and just 5EUR a bottle. This was a very pleasant surprise. It was one of the best paired wines with the local dishes I was privileged to have. Simple great food and wine! I am thinking about exploring the possibility of getting a few cases of that wine!

We highly recommend Studio 83.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I was so pleased to read your feedback and that you found your stay "exceptional". I really do hope you get the chance to bring your family again at Pompeii.
Studio83 has truly wonderful rooms and again was pleased that this met your requirements along with all the facilities.
Our rooms are ideal for families and I was delighted that you gave Studio83 a 5 stars for you overall stay.
I was glad you enjoyed your breakfast and our service and the small touches that make Studio83 so special.
“Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with my family and thank you for taking the time to wright this review and I hope you come and join us at Studio83 again in the near future.