“Excellent B&B”

Ranked #11 of 49 Pompeii B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I decided to write this review because I believe that quality accommodation should be applauded and rewarded with many more visitors. We stayed here for 5 nights over Easter and were very happy with our choice. It is clean, modern, comfortable, friendly, good value and in a great location. Fabio was an excellent host and full of useful and helpful advice.

One of our days was a total and complete washout so the kids were happy enough to spend the whole day watching satellite TV in English. Location is great, within walking distance to the ruins and lots of restaurants. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are near identical.
1 Thank Bernard K
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. Our rooms are ideal for families and I was delighted that you gave Studio83 a 5 stars for you overall stay. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed the whole experience including SKY TV .
Kind regards
Fabio – Studio83 Bed and Breakfast @ Pompeii.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed overnight on 30 April 2012.
I emailed Fabio and received almost instant replies to all my questions!
Fabio and his mum are very friendly and helpful and even arranged breakfast early the next day as we had a flight to catch.

The room was clean, modern, spacious and excellent value, it even has a little balcony with table and chairs. The breakfast was delicious!

Great location very close to ruins and town square no more than 10 minutes easy walk.

Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Pompei.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
I have read your nice review and I thank you very much.
I’m delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Studio83 Bed and Breakfast and that you appreciated your room and the service.

Yours sincerely

Fabio – Studio83 Bed and Breakfast a Pompei
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Great place to stay, really helpful friendly service, modern and stylish rooms, great value. Perfect for staying in Pompei to visit the ruins. If we ever come back to look at the ruins again, we'll definitely stay here again.

...we tried to stay in Pompei 10 years ago and were advised to go to Sorrento instead as 'Pompei isn't that nice"...well, Pompei really isn't that bad, and once you're there, the train drivers can't ruin your visit by going on strike like they did last time! So finally 10 years later, we made it to the fabulous Roman ruins.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms here so book early!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to let me know you feedback from your recent stay at Studio83. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our service and facilities. I was really happy that you got the chance to sample our famous Afternoon Tea. On your next visit at Pompeii I do hope that you will return to stay with us.
Kind regards,
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I strongly recommend Studio 83. My family completed a road trip of Europe in October 2011. We started our adventure by setting off to Pompeii. Accordingly, we routed our course and received a Mapquest estimate of drive time around 12 hours. We were excited and really needed an understanding host since we arrived six hours later than our estimated arrival. I will save you the details and highlight the fact that Fabio was gracious, helpful and greeted us with a friendly smile even though we arrived squarely in the middle of the night. Although the hotel signage could be greatly improved, our experience was first rate. We stayed in two separate rooms. Both rooms were inviting and clean. Fabio provided great directions, parking tips and tourism assistance. He was a sincere blessing. We were treated well. Our stay was enjoyable, comfortable and hospitable. The rooms and bathrooms were well maintained and breakfast was tasty.

Room Tip: All the rooms are inviting. At the time of our stay there were only three. They each have a theme an...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review on Studio83. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed the whole experience including SKY .
I hope that you will be returning to us soon.
With renewed thanks,
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Fabio greeted us with a very friendly smile- he was very helpful but not pushy which is what I like, breakfast was really good- especially the espresso!!. The room was great, lots of space for my girlfriend and I. There was a very short walk into the village and about a 10 minute walk to the main entrance to the ruins. The vesivus bus left from the village close by, unfortunatly it was very cloudy when we went up tho!! I advise to have a look from the bottom before you get on a bus!
Overall studio83 was really good and I would definatly recomend it. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2012
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Many thanks for your great feedback following your recent stay at Studio83. I was really delighted to read that you enjoyed our service and the small touches that make Studio83 so special. I was glad you enjoyed your breakfast and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally on your next trip to Pompeii.
Thanks again.
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Lost & Found
Italy can be an overwhelming place when a traveler takes into consideration the cogestion, traffic, smog, noise, population, and pizza choices. We have visited Pisa, Florence, Rome...and Pompeii. By far, our favorite thing about Italy was Fabio from Studio 83. He made our stay (with a 5-month-old) special. How? It was the little things: he gave us a tour of the building, explained the keys, parked our car during a downpour, went over a map that showed the best route to Mt. Vesuvius and which places in town served the best food at the most reasonable prices, kept the heat on when a cold snap hit the area, and showed us how to set the cartoon station to English. What sealed the deal for us, however, was what happened after we left! Upon our exit of the volcano, I became frantic because an entire pouch of used SD cards and batteries was missing. I was certain the cards were gone for good. We tore apart our rental vehicle and dumped all the bags. I was in tears and the baby sensed the tension. It was a longgggggg hour. In a last ditch effort to find the cards, we checked Studio 83. Fabio greeted me at the door with pouch in hand. He said the cleaning staff found the pouch and he had been on the phone trying to track us down. He would have mailed the cards to our address if we didn't stop by that day because he didn't want us to lose our "memory cards." Up until that moment, I had only viewed the cards as backup memory for my camera...and not memories of an entire trip that included places all over Europe for my Sister and nephew's only trip away from the states. I was beyond relieved. I remembered that my sister and I had rearranged the furniture to accomodate the baby and remembered that the cards must have fallen from the nightstand as a result. When we fixed the furniture, the pouch was left behind on the floor. We hadn't done a typical sweep of the room that morning, so the cards were lost. I am eternally thankful to everyone at Studio 83 for finding the cards and (more importantly) returning them. I HIGHLY recommend this establishment as it is a place that cares about families. A person can always find a vacant room, but finding the personal touch is a rare gift indeed. You will get great ammenities, but (more importantly) you will get service and respect that has all but disappeared from most modern facilities. Enjoy your stay.

fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. Our rooms are ideal for families and I was delighted that you gave Studio83 a 5 stars for you overall stay. I have passed on your kind words to my family. I look forward to meeting you and your family on your next trip to us.
Kind regards
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Everything was very smooth there. Favio was very nice and had good recommendations. The rooms were very well and comfortable. Very good if you want a base to visit Pompeii and Amalfi cost.

fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
“Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with my family. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Studio83, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”
Thanks again.