“Lost & Found”

Studio83 B&B
Ranked #14 of 61 Pompeii B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Lost & Found
Italy can be an overwhelming place when a traveler takes into consideration the cogestion, traffic, smog, noise, population, and pizza choices. We have visited Pisa, Florence, Rome...and Pompeii. By far, our favorite thing about Italy was Fabio from Studio 83. He made our stay (with a 5-month-old) special. How? It was the little things: he gave us a tour of the building, explained the keys, parked our car during a downpour, went over a map that showed the best route to Mt. Vesuvius and which places in town served the best food at the most reasonable prices, kept the heat on when a cold snap hit the area, and showed us how to set the cartoon station to English. What sealed the deal for us, however, was what happened after we left! Upon our exit of the volcano, I became frantic because an entire pouch of used SD cards and batteries was missing. I was certain the cards were gone for good. We tore apart our rental vehicle and dumped all the bags. I was in tears and the baby sensed the tension. It was a longgggggg hour. In a last ditch effort to find the cards, we checked Studio 83. Fabio greeted me at the door with pouch in hand. He said the cleaning staff found the pouch and he had been on the phone trying to track us down. He would have mailed the cards to our address if we didn't stop by that day because he didn't want us to lose our "memory cards." Up until that moment, I had only viewed the cards as backup memory for my camera...and not memories of an entire trip that included places all over Europe for my Sister and nephew's only trip away from the states. I was beyond relieved. I remembered that my sister and I had rearranged the furniture to accomodate the baby and remembered that the cards must have fallen from the nightstand as a result. When we fixed the furniture, the pouch was left behind on the floor. We hadn't done a typical sweep of the room that morning, so the cards were lost. I am eternally thankful to everyone at Studio 83 for finding the cards and (more importantly) returning them. I HIGHLY recommend this establishment as it is a place that cares about families. A person can always find a vacant room, but finding the personal touch is a rare gift indeed. You will get great ammenities, but (more importantly) you will get service and respect that has all but disappeared from most modern facilities. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. Our rooms are ideal for families and I was delighted that you gave Studio83 a 5 stars for you overall stay. I have passed on your kind words to my family. I look forward to meeting you and your family on your next trip to us.
Kind regards
Fabio - Studio83

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Everything was very smooth there. Favio was very nice and had good recommendations. The rooms were very well and comfortable. Very good if you want a base to visit Pompeii and Amalfi cost.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

“Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with my family. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Studio83, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”
Thanks again.
Fabio - Studio83

Reviewed April 15, 2012

First of all, if you are interested in seeing Pompeii, Versuvius, Sorrento etc and were thinking of doing this from a base in Naples, DO NOT! Naples is a horrendous place and especially around the central station you will be in constant fear of being mugged. Instead take the cicumvesuviana train line from Naples to Pompeii and stay at this place (we did this and wished we'd never stayed at Naples and spent longer here!). It takes about 30 minutes from Naples to here and another 25mins from Pompeii to Sorrento where you can get a ferry to the island of Capri which is worth doing!
Anyway, this hotel is great. We stayed here over easter 2012. We met the owners father on the first day and he was great, explaining where we should visit and giving us a map of the local area and of the Pompeii ruins. We met the owner the next day and he was equally as great, both speak perfect english and are really friendly and helpful. the room is nice and comfortable and the location is 5 mins walk to the pompeii ruins entrance. Make sure you visit the vesuvius crater while you are here as this was great.
Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

I have read your nice review and I thank you very much.
I’m delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Studio83 Bed and Breakfast and that you appreciated your room and the service.

Yours sincerely

Fabio – Studio83 Bed and Breakfast a Pompei

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Sadly, we stayed just one night at Studio83 in Pompeii. In summary, great value and lovely, well located place. Would recommend anyone to stay here – safe, friendly and well decorated and spacious! We will be back another time for sure and spend longer next time.

Studio83 is located on the ground floor of a large apartment block. It is not immediately obvious how to find the place but if you apply some common sense, it works out! We were driving and plugged in the address in the SatNav which took us more or less there. The booking with laterooms did not give the street number, just the road name – but a little intuition guessing it was at number 83 was all that was needed.

The owner, Fabio, was super helpful and friendly giving us local map and local info and even parked our car in the underground ‘dungeon’ below the apartments.

Studio83 is located less than 5 mins walk from the train station, roughly 5 minutes to the main square with the basilica and the bell tower and maybe 10 minutes to one of the entrances to the ruins. Many local shop and restos around including a city supermarket about 3 doors along. Perfect location.

Our room was large and spacious and comfortable and very well decorated and very clean. Everything is very new and fresh. They must have spent a lot of time and money to decorate and put all the lights and paintings and other stuff in.

WiFi internet was provided free of charge and was of good speed.

Flat screen TV was modern and clear and the digibox had many channels to choose from – and many available in several languages!!!

Breakfast was basic but perfect and sets you up for the day!

All in all, it would have been nice to stay for longer. I don’t often give 100% score for reviews on tripadvisor but I am doing so with this one which says a lot coming from me!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

“Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with my family. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”
Fabio – Studio83 Bed And Breakfast in Pompeii.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This place is nice and clean and very well located near the main bazaar and the ruins.
Fabio took great care and gave important advice.he treated us very well with his special breakfast.he played games on his computer with my son who is 10 years.but most of all he was always ready to help for almost anything and this made our stay very comfortable and special.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

I wanted to personally thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor your positive experience at Studio83.
I work hard to ensure that you enjoy your time here, so it’s most rewarding to hear that my treatments make your staying special.
It would be my pleasure to meet you and thank you again in person.
In the meantime, please let me know if you have any suggestions for me as I’m continuously trying to improve.
Best wishes.
Fabio - Studio83 Bed and Breakfast at Pompeii.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Studio83 last summer. We arrived in mid-day after a long trip and the host was so great - met us at the door, helped us in, really went out of his way. We were immediately struck by the clean, spacious and comfortable residence. It seemed like the beautiful woodwork had just been finished and we were the first visitors. The host even had the A/C on for us in advance. It's a small place with only a few rooms, which is nice and personal. We took a surprisingly short and pleasant walk to the city center and the ruins. Studio83 was really central and convenient. The best part came after we left. I had accidentally left some slacks in the closet and I needed them for the next leg of our trip (visiting family on the Amalfi Coast). It only too one quick phone call and he had already packaged them up for me and expressed mailed them to our next desination. He really went out of his way, which makes all the difference in the world on a vacation trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Best wishes.
Fabio - Studio83 Bed and Breakfast at Pompeii.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We had an excellent 3 night stay at Studio 83. Fabio could not have been more helpful - explaining the (to us, complicated) railway system, recommending places for dinner etc etc. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and secure. We were a family of 4 looking for a base to visit the ruins. The location was fantastic - a short walk from the railway and easy walk to the ruins. everything was great. We appreciated the WiFi and excellent TV service and we appreciated Fabio being very accessible for questions and tips for our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
fascioman, Proprietario at Studio83 B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Fabio - Studio83 Bed and Breakfast at Pompeii