“Not bad, but the best? No”
Review of Pizzeria Brandi

Pizzeria Brandi
Ranked #472 of 2,900 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Ferdinando
NZ
“Not bad, but the best? No”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'd always dreamed of having a pizza in the spiritual home of pizzas and this place was recommended by our enthusiastic landlady as one of the best in the city.

Up a small but busy street we found it, spread over both sides of the lane, open and inviting with a traditional oven on display.

It was busy but they sat us down quickly and I watched the tv screen on the wall with a loop of self-congratulatory photos of (mostly obscure) personalities who had been to the place,

The pizzas when they arrived were okay but my wife's was seafood and not particularly good, perhaps because it was partly made with frozen ingredients. My own would have been great had it not been burned. I don't care how traditional things are, carbon is carbon and it ruins the taste of food. Disappointing; maybe I expected too much.

The best pizzas I have ever had remain Urenui, New Zealand; Bath, UK and Chisnau, Moldova. The worst, Venice and any bought from a supermarket..

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Albany, New York
“Traditional Pizza and a great time at Pizzeria Brandi”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

High seas caused our scheduled cruise port of Sorrento to be diverted to Naples. This meant that all of my pre-cruise research about Sorrento and Capri was in vain, and I had no details about Naples. We heard about Pizzeria Brandi from the cruise port talk on our ship, but no details were given. The fact that this was the birthplace of Pizza Margherita was intriguing, so looked up the address and wandered our way there around 11am to find that they were opening at 1pm. This was no problem as we spent the next few hours shopping and sightseeing. About half past 1, we returned, and our party of six was seated upstairs, near the front window. Our waiter was very friendly, assisting my little Niece with the menu. We all ordered a pizza each and our food came quickly. We were very pleased with the results. My Wife and her Sister ordered the four cheese pizza. This had no sauce, but tasted great. My Brother in law ordered pizza marinara with sauce and basil, no cheese. He said he liked it, but it was not anything I would be interested in. My Nephew and I ordered Pizza Margherita, which was great, and my Niece ordered Pizza with salami which was perhaps the best of the bunch. We ended up all swapping pieces, so everyone had a slice of each pie.The pizza's are about 12" in diameter, so they were enough for an adult, but a bit too much for a child. After our meal, we were presented shots of limoncello on the house. We had a great time, and good pizza. If in Naples again, I would definitely return.

• Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“We sat down due to outdoor seating, pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We arrived at Naples after visiting Vesuvius. It was lunch hour, we were starving, browsed a few streets and saw this place was decently full with outdoor seating. Later we realized that it was kinda of famous pizzeria, a lot of people taking photos with the restaurant signage. The pizza were great and staffs were friendly as well. We had a nice time there. :)

• Visited November 2012
EduardoPagnani, Proprietario at Pizzeria Brandi, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam ,
Thank You very much for Your nice review and i'm very glad You enjoyed our pizza.
See You soon and thanks again.
Kind Regards.
Eduardo Pagnani
Miami, Florida
“Arrived by accident but it was luck!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were looking for a different restaurant but were hungry and decided to visit Pizzeria Brandi instead. The food was excellet and so was the service! Some of the best pizza we had in Naples during our stay!

• Visited September 2012
Dear Sir / Madam ,
It was my fortune to have had the pleasure of reading a review so beatiful !
Thank You very much , best regards and see You soon.
Eduardo Pagnani
Vancouver
“Good food, pleasant ambiance...”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had two very good pizzas at what is said to be Napoli's oldest pizzeria. There are two restaurants across the street from each other that are both Brandi's. All the outdoor tables were full so we had to eat indoors. The interior was very pleasant and had good airconditioning to offset the high temperatures of Napoli. The service was good and the prices were reasonable. A musician came in to play who was very good with a guitar singing Italian music. Unlike many street musicians he played several songs and was way above the average that go from restaurant to restaurant and who are more often than not an annoyance.

Our overall experience was very good.

• Visited June 2012