“Wonderful!”

Ranked #43 of 682 Naples B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Integral part of my Napoli experience: a wonderfully warm hostess, a beautiful establishment full of interest, an affordable pleasure embedded in the most exhilarating location.

I would love to go back to this enchanting city, and I would love to stay at Centro Antico again!

Thank you, Silvia!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My friend and I had a great experience at Centro Antico. We loved the location- it was close to the popular street, via Tribunali, where there are a lot of restaurants and where several churchs and attractions are located. It is close to Saint Domenico Maggiore, Cappella Sansevero, and Napoli Sotterranea (the entrance to Naples underground). It's a walkable distance to the Circumvesuviana train station that goes to Pompeii and Sorrento. Another huge plus is getting to meet Silvia! She was an excellent host and tried to help us and guide us whenever she could. The rooms were well kept, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a very good B&B right in the heart of Naples.
We have spent 3 nights there and it has been very enjoyable and the owner extremely friendly.
At first it is a bit difficult to find it (there is no big sign outside).
There are 4 rooms. Mine was big and very clean. Very nice arranged, too. With a touch of Moorish style...
The bathroom is very clean, too. The shower cubicle is a bit small.
For breakfast we had croissants, sfogliatelle, toast, jam, coffee and tea, All fresh and tasty.
Being in the heart of Naples you get some noise inside the room but not too much.
Centro Antico is a very nice place to stay if you want to discover Naples. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Being at the B&B was like being at home. Silvia makes us feeling very well in this nice, well decorated and wonderfully located place, for it is close to the best historical monuments and many good restaurants and pizzerias.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Previous reviews of this B&B are very complimentary but we experienced three problems:

1) In spite of emailing the owner the day before with our approximate arrival time, the owner was not there and we had to phone her at our own expense. Not a very good start.
2) Cleanliness, particularly in the bathroom, was poor and unacceptable. The most obvious were the glass tumbler and soap dish which had clearly not been cleaned for some time. We suspect also that the bathmat was not clean.
3) We were in the twin room (the other two are double rooms). The photos in Booking.com are very misleading. Among the general photos are some pictures of this room, but before recent changes when a further bed was added and furniture moved around. The room is now rather claustrophobic. Booking.com shows photos of one of the double rooms when you click on twin room. In any case the ceiling is low and the room is generally dark. At night we found the lighting inadequate.

We should add that we looked into one of the double rooms and it was distinctly better than the twin, which should be avoided. Breakfast was limited to coffee, croissants and fruit, but the quality of the croissant was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gigi S, Proprietario at B&B Centro Antico, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
I'm really sorry for all the problem you had at my BB( the owner's speaking )and I apologize for that but i don't think it is fair to put in bad evidence my BB just because of that.Write your comment without denying the previous ones..! All the reviews were positive so far so how can you say that it was overevaluted?
You booked the less expensive room so you had the smallest one!
Sayd that I'm ready to offer you one night free of charge to make you change your mind about my BB.All the best and see you soon.
Gigi
Bogotá, Colombia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I came here because of the World Urban Forum in Naples, and stayed recommended by a friend. I had to do many changes to my final itinerary but the hotel staff were very nice in helping me arrange my stay. The place is part of a larger building, basically a house with four rooms and a kitchen. The housekeeper gave us a great breakfast (coffee, lots of fruit, nutella-filled croissant and toasted bread!) and she was looking after us, helping us get taxis, screaming at a taxi driver for overcharging (but "screaming" means "talking" while in Italy), etc etc.

Internet in my room (first one going up the stairs) wasn't good but it was perfect in the kitchen - living room. My colleague stayed in another room (nearer to the kitchen) and he said his internet was just fine.

My room was a bit noisy because it looked onto the internal building space and some dog was barking at some point, but this was one night out of three. My colleague had a bad night on a saturday (his room looked onto the street) but it was all ok the following nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at Centro Antico for three nights with a friend and it was such a great place to stay! Laura, our host, was so welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. As soon as we arrived she sat down with us and suggested places for us to visit and eat at, and gave us tips on how to get around the city.The room was beautifully decorated and was quite large. The bathroom was also a decent size, and everything was very clean. Breakfast was lovely - Laura sets everything out in the dining room and has toast, local pastries, coffee etc. prepared for you. Our main purpose for staying in Naples was to visit Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius, and Laura also helped us prepare for this, providing us with information about how to get there etc.

The location is great, right in the heart of the historical centre of Naples. This is a crazy part of town - very busy and a bit full on, but such an amazing experience! There is so much history and culture to take in. It's also very central - we walked to the central train station from here in about 20 minutes, and I believe it takes about the same time to walk to the coast (which we didn't get time to do). There are lots of great places to eat nearby (pizzerias, pastry shops, bars), and Piazza Bellini is just around the corner (a great little area to chill out in with lots of little bars).

The only negative thing I can say about Centro Antico is that there is no air conditioning or ceilnig fans. However, when we asked Laura if there was anywhere nearby we could purchase a fan, she happily gave us her pedestal fan, which actually worked pretty well to keep the room cool.

I would definitely stay here again! Such a great atmosphere, such a welcoming B&B, overall it was a great experience. I think the fact that we had such a comfortable stay helped us to not become overwhelmed by the craziness of the city and allowed us to just take it all in and enjoy it. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends