“A gem ”
Review of Zi Tetesa

Zi Tetesa
Ranked #1,460 of 3,635 Restaurants in Naples
Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile

This place was just a one minute walk from my hotel, which is in a very touristy area but the hotel front desk recommended it highly. And indeed the food was excellent. Here are some of the highlights:

— The mussels were superb. Fresh and exceedingly large.

— The Buffala (like a mozzarella) pizza here was the best pizza I tried in my 8 days in Naples.

— The home made pasta with tomato and eggplant was amazing. Perfectly cooked pasta and clearly home made fresh. Lovely flavors.

— Chocolate almond cake. This was very good as well.

The service was reserved but efficient and friendly. The maitre de even came to help cut the pizza when he saw that my wife was having trouble with it.

I highly recommend this place. It’s very casual but fabulous.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (57)

Reviewed September 4, 2018

I'm surprised there are not more reviews of Zi Tetesa, maybe because its the first restaurant you walk past on the way to the castle Ovo and its below street level in the corner of the marina - the views aren't as spectacular as some of the other restaurants, but you are missing out on a little gem. It seemed to be well patroned by local people which for us is always a good sign. We managed to get a table on the water front and although the service was a bit slow the food was excellent. We shared a dish of peppered mussels to start with followed by sea food pasta, a pizza and fillet steak (with veg) a couple of bottle beers, two cokes, water and two glasses of wine all for under 70 euros - turned out to be one of our cheapest meals. My daughter tried the tiramisu but didn't like the taste - the first one was replaced and the second which was served from a new serving dish had as similar taste (maybe too strong on the liqueur) but the waiter was happy not to charge for this,

Although the service was a little slow, they were all attentive and polite and overall we had a very enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is a must dine restaurant. It's located right by the fort and yachts. The food is very cheap and they will go out on a limp to get you any kind of food you like. If you can't make up your mind on dozens of menu items, no problem! They will make the food you like. My wife couldn't make up her mind, so the waiter literally brought out 7-8 types of fresh caught fish on a plate and asked how we wanted it to be cooked. 10-15 minutes and voila! Our food was ready! Kids had the pizza which the owner came out and cut himself. Famous Italian hospitality! I love Napoli, I love Italia! PS: Get the house wine when you dine there.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

Dinner with a view just a shame it is hard to communicate if you do speak Italian. Dinner was good not sure if I would go back.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed June 22, 2015

Had a good lunch there, with a table by the water on a gorgeous day. Food was good. Great fried Calamari which was supposed to be the our appetizer but materialized after we had Pasta and we pointed out it had never arrived. Our server, unfortunately, seemed completely uninterested in his job.

Date of visit: June 2015