“I felt like family by the time I left!”
Review of Trattoria Da Papa'

Trattoria Da Papa'
Ranked #20 of 3,599 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: "THE HOUSE HEATER - The Dad's Trattoria in Naples is an exciting place. The small size and the warm atmosphere keep the great love with which young chef Giovanni and his family prepare and serve simple and innovative, traditional dishes Refined. A small room for a great kitchen. TRADITION AND INNOVATION - The freshest fish is the master of the menu. Authentic and genuine dishes, from appetizer to sweet. Octopus, anchovies, clams are the protagonists of the Parthenopean cuisine but in this trattoria every dish is designed to surprise you with originality. Proudly proposes even meat dishes. SPECIALTY - Try the first fish-based, spaghetti mussels and taralli. "
Reviewed February 23, 2018

Eating at Trattoria Da Papa feels more like being invited to your friend's Italian grandparents' house for dinner. There are several tables in the small room, but it doesn't make you feel claustrophobic, just cozy. The menu is all verbal. As I usually narrow down what to order by the price, I asked the server what was available for under 10 euros. He listed a few seafood pastas, and mentioned the bolognese that was 8 euros. I ordered the bolognese (so delicious) which came with delicious bread.

I also ordered the tiramisu, which was so delicious and light I could have easily eaten three servings of it. (Though it was pricey at 4 or 5 euros.)

They do not accept credit cards, so bring cash with you. However when I found this out and had no cash on me, the owner, Bruno, offered to drive me down the road to a local ATM. He was very sweet and excited. I wish I knew more Italian so I knew what he said!

The whole family was very kind, even offering me a free limoncello once Bruno and I returned with the cash.

I recommend the quaint trattoria for a look into authentic Italian meals, a romantic night out, a family dinner, or just visiting solo.

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

This place encourage me to come back to Neapol as soon as possible.I ve eaten the best pasta ever.The owners treat u as their family suggest home-made limoncello totally for free,they were so kind.Maybe outside it were not like the best restaurant but it was just appeareance.What is more the restaurant is very cheap but offer pure quality.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has the most welcoming and nice people, and prepare the most delicious and beautiful food you could imagine. All this at a very very good price. I recommend this place to anyone who wants to feel at home and eat a delicious meal in a friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Very friendly family restaurant. Spagetti bolognese and the tiramisu was excellent. Vino da tavola to.

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

Do not let the modest looking restaurant fool you. The food portions were very generous, and the seafood was very fresh as well (the freshest we had in Naples) We had the salmon and the crab spaghetti. When the crab was being prepared, the aroma filled the restaurant! It was the bomb! However, the best part of it was that it only cost €28 for both dishes! Our only regret was that we didn't have enough time to order more dishes!

It is important to remember sufficient cash along as they don't accept card payments. However, when we mentioned that we could only pay by card, Giovanni offered to drive us to the nearest cash machine after we finished our meal instead. Upon hearing that we were in a bit of rush, he offered to drive us all the way to our hotel without hesitation. His mother and sister shared their concern by helping us pack what we couldn't finish in time. And what did we get for all the inconvenience we caused him? A beautiful souvenir for all the troubles. It is sufficient to say that we were deeply touched by Giovanni and his family's concerns and actions.

Giovanni, your restaurant and family has not only made our day, but also created a wonderful memory in 2018 for us to look back to! We were filled with a warm fuzzy feeling (both in the stomach and heart) by your kindness and generosity! Gracias for giving us our favourite memory in 2018 yet! #BestRestaurantInNaples! ❤️

餐馆的地点虽然稍微偏远,可是绝对值得一试。餐馆的老板和家人都非常友善, 没有菜单,但是老板非常耐心和亲切地介绍他拿手的菜色,也一一地向我们说明价格,还用手机给我们看了图片。我们点了一份三文鱼和一个两人份的螃蟹意大利面。

要注意,这家餐馆只收现金不收任何卡。因为当天带不够现金,我们便问老板附近有没有地方可以提现。老板很热情的提议让我们先享用午餐,用完了在开车带我们去附近提款。

三文鱼非常新鲜,老板的烹制方式也十分到位。老板的厨艺很棒。螃蟹意大利面也是色香味俱全。因为时间的关系我们吃完三文鱼后,只能把意大利面打包带到火车上吃。到火车上,面虽然凉了但味道还是极好的。我们唯一的遗憾就是没有点到人人都推荐的tiramisu。

老板知道我们要赶火车,在载了我们去提款后还主动提议载我们回到酒店去拿行李,车程大约20分钟。这家人真的是我们在意大利遇见最热情最友善的人!