“A perfect magical nook in Napoli, that rare thing: A room with a view.”

B&B Casa Mira Napoli
Ranked #65 of 641 Naples B&B and Inns
London
“A perfect magical nook in Napoli, that rare thing: A room with a view.”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

This was my second time at the Casa Mira Napoli. It is one of the reasons I returned to Naples, as I had such a pleasant stay last year. Each time I came for a week's holiday, but now (I am a writer) I am considering going back for a week to use it as a place to write, as it is so inspirational and relaxing. And as I said, the view is incredible.

It is on the 10th floor, which means you get to use the old fashioned lift. There are just four rooms, all leading into a central dining room and each guest is independent, yet Alessandra is always on hand next door, if you need anything. Something wonderful is always on the stove there and sends you scurrying downstairs to the myriad trattorias to discover the endless culinary delights of Naples.

At Casa Mira Napoli the service (they will even pick you up at the airport or stazione), the fully stocked fridge, the sumptuous breakfast, the ambience and the mod cons, i.e. full air-conditioning, Sky TV, comfortable beds, great showers, internet, coffee machine etc is impeccable and the warmth and friendliness of the hostesses Gina and Alessandra is like sunshine. The location is also perfect for getting around, for Mira Casa Napoli is located in the musical sounding area of Mergelina.

Two of the rooms overlook the bay of Naples and many evenings I walked along it imbibing the beauty of the sea air, the life of the local families out for walks and wound up at Ciros for their famous gelato! I have also taken boat trips to Capri and Sorrento and Amalfi from there.

The other two rooms (with their own terrace!) overlook the fabulous Via Giordano Bruno, which in itself is a fascinating street, packed with tiny bakeries and patisseries, salumeria -- where they sell only cured meats, cafés, restaurants, bars as well as a supermarket, shoe shops, fashion shops, lots of banks, stalls selling cheap handbags and dresses you name it!

A little further down and to the right is an amazing fruit,veg and clothes market, full of boisterous friendly traders shouting their wares, selling punnets of ripe wild strawberries, cherries, apricots as well as beans,zuccini flowers,varieties of plump red pomodori! As you walk on, reeling with the sounds and smells, you reach the zenith of pleasure: Nonna Anna, which is a tiny canteen where freshly cooked pasta, beans, meats, seafood is served daily strictly between 12-3 to a variety of punters. Market traders jostle shoulders with manual workers, shopkeepers, local writers, media people, boat captains, itinerants, families and well, just about anybody! I want to say ‘all of Naples is here’ but of course there is much more, but it is only a walk away!

Fifteen minutes the other way from Casa Mira Napoli is the magnificent Piazza del Plebiscito and ofcourse the famous Grimbus cafe, and then the myriad streets of pizzerias and trattorias, ice cream parlours and these teeming streets are flanked by those tiny streets Napoli is famous for, narrow with washing swaying in the breeze.

From my terrace in Casa Mira Napoli i saw all these moments of Naples, as the lights came on in the houses far away as the sun set. High above the hurly burly you feel transported into a privileged magical world, and for a brief period you can imagine you are living in your own casa, in Napoli, on your own terrace with atmospheric lighting, with a comfortable easy chair and as the perfume of jasmine reaches your senses you feel convinced that all is well with the world.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank Lili37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Milan
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed here twice, having found the B&B recommended for those having business to take care of at the U.S. Consulate. It was exactly what we wanted and the owners helped us take care of everything from the transportation in from the train station to transportation to the medical exams required by the consulate. The second trip to Naples was unexpected, and Signora Grosso was able to give us a room at the last minute at a very reasonable rate. She did everything she could to lessen the stress of that unforeseen last-minute trip, and we knew that at least we didn't have to worry about where we would stay. Honestly, if I were to go back to Naples and didn't need to be near the consulate, I think I'd actually still prefer to stay in this area. It's far enough away from Naples' chaotic center but close enough to walk (provided you like to walk - we do and enjoyed walking along the waterfront!) or take public transportation to get there quickly. I liked being in this residential neighborhood, being near the water, the restaurants and cafes along the water and seeing how the Neapolitans live. We can't say enough about this place. Guests are treated like family, but at the same time, privacy is respected and you can come and go as you please. I wish we would have been there under more relaxing circumstances and could have taken advantage of the beautiful terrace with sea view. Next time!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank michellemilan
Sussex
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We travelled to Naples for a friend's wedding and stayed at Casa Mira Napoli for 4 nights.
The location was great, close the the trendy area of Chia and just a short stroll to some great little restaurants on the piaza at the end of the street.
The rooms were tastefully decorated and very clean and homely. Our room had doors to a small terrace with table and chairs where we enjoyed a sundowner and breakfast on most days. The breakfast was one of the best ones I've had in Eurpoe and included fresh pasteries and freshly sliced ham and cheese from the local deli everyday.
The room had Sky TV and there was internet access in the dining room for guests to use.
The staff were lovely and really helpful - from finding us an iron, to phoning around local B&Bs for a friend ours who had decided to stay in Naples for another 2 nights (and Casa Napoli was fully booked).
Many thanks Gina & Alesandro for making our stay in Naples so welcoming.
Abbie & Aaron (UK)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank absta4
chicago
Reviewed July 4, 2009

My father had to travel to Napoli to get his U.S visa , he has language limitation so he asked me to find the nearest hotel to the U.S embassy and thats how my story with this lovely B&B starts
This property is run by Gina and her daughter ,they are very kind and caring
they answered my emails very fast and accomodate each and every thing as i wanted it
my dad told me the rooms and fantastic, they are clean with a nice view of Napoli's bay and they come with a delicious breakfast
tehy even let my father carry thier cell phone , so i could call him at any time, tehy accomodate for his air port pick up and also sight seeing with a fair price
I just wish I knew about this place 6 yearsa go when i was in napoli
i would defenetly recommand this jem to any of my friends and family

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Although Naples has received much bad and unjustified publicity in the news this past year, my stay was an excellent sojourn at the end of summer. The highlight of the trip was a stay at the Bed and Breakfast Casa Mira, located in the Chiaia section of Naples on Via Giordano Bruno.

The B&B is owned and operated by the Sgrosso family, who made my stay so enjoyable and relaxing. Gina Sgrosso helped arrange tickets to Capri (the departure is a short walk from the B&B, train tickets and provided plenty of excellent advice about tourists sites in the city. The B&B is also centrally located to take in the local food markets and the ocean. My afternoon walks along the Via Caracciolo were a highlight. Signora Sgrosso also made excellent restaurant suggestions during my stay. I would also note that the hotel is impeccably clean and there is daily cleaning of the establishment.

The B&B is an intimate establishment, boasting five color coded rooms, each spacious, well-appointed and with private bathrooms. The blue and yellow rooms share a spacious terrance which provides an incredible view of the West side of Naples, the grottoes and the beautiful church of San'Antonio a Posillipo. Each monring, I awoke to a generous, complimentary breakfast of brioche, fresh fruit and coffee. The dining area also provides a small kithcen (including a stove and refrigerator) to make and/store food items. Signora Sgrosso also provides ample reading material, tourist guides, books and complimentary use of a computer with a rapid internet connection.

I would highly recommend the Casa Mira. It is among the finest establishments at which I have stayed in Italy. I would also suggest that you book early as the B&B is gaining an excellent reputation for service and comfort. A five star B&B in the heart of Naples at an excellent price and one that will leave you satisfied with the desire to return as soon as possible!

• Liked — The unparalleled service and friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank TBDNewYork
napoli
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My fiance and I had a most wonderful time at Casa MiraNapoli and Gina, Antonio and their lovely daughter Alessandra were a great part of making this occur. They are the most gracious hosts we've ever experienced.
Their home is absolutely wonderful and the service and care they provide is beyond what we expected.
The house itself is extremely clean. It is located in walking distance from everything you could need or want, in walking distance of many historic sites. Gina is very warm, fun, and welcoming. She greeted us upon arrival and told us everything we needed to know to make our short stay memorable and romantic.
She knows just about everything there is to know about the area and is more than happy to take time and tell you where you should and shouldn't go. They were very eager to be helpful in any way possible.
The room was beautiful, and Gina and Alessandra provides a wonderful breakfast.
We were looking for a quiet, romantic and comfortable place to stay in Napoli and found that and more at Casa MiraNapoli .
Most of all Gina and Antonio made their guest feel right at home, they are gracious hosts who clearly enjoy sharing their home with people and know just how to make you feel welcome and comfortable.
We highly recommend this B & B to anyone who truly wants a warm, inviting, comfortable place to stay and we will refer everyone to stay with these wonderful people.
We left Napoli knowing we had a wonderful place to come back to but best of all two new friends.
CasaMiraNapoli, Gina and Antonio were a great part to make me able during this stay to propose to my Simona.
Andrè and Simona

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank simvoto
Frankfurt
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I was for a conference in Napoli, and i searched in the Internet for a nice
stay. I found Casa Mira and it looked very nice on the web. On my arrival, i
had a very warm and friendly welcome. The rooms are furbished with taste,
and very clean. The bathroom is renovated, to the most modern standard. The
breakfast buffet was also very good. When i had questions i was treated warm
heartedly and i could not wish for more.

Thanks a lot, Mille Gracie Signora

When i go to Napoli i will come back :)

• Stayed April 2007