“Would definitely recommend”

Ranked #83 of 186 Hotels in Naples
London, United Kingdom
“Would definitely recommend”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I read some of the reviews before departure and was pleasantly surprised at what I found. Napoli is a run down city and is no different from any other major city. Yes I’m sure the opportunists would take advantage of you given the chance. We were ripped off by a taxi driver on the first day and in hindsight should have taken the Alibus to Piazza Garibaldi where the metro runs a regular service to Poggioreale. If you’re looking for nights out drinking and coming home late then you will be disappointed and this hotel is probably not for you. If however you are looking to explore Naples, Pompei or Sorrento then this hotel is ideal as the quality of the hotel is outstanding and the metro is a 5 minute walk away. The breakfast is continental so don’t expect a full English and the staff are polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
winchester, ma
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We were in a mni-van and fearful of finding the hotel, but with a navigator, it was easy to follow the "Hotel Joyfull" signs. Hotel itself safe and quite. Neighborhood not so much.
Cleanest, shiniest hotel I've seen in a while. Marble floors and fixtures, gleamed. Staff very pleasant and accommodating. European tourists and business clients primarily. Very attractive decor and rooms were spacious and sparkling clean. It did feel like an oasis. I would recommend it to anyone looking to be close to the airport and who is not intimidated by Naples.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We booked it for one night to catch a 7 AM flight to NY. After spending a wonderful vacation in Rome & Capri, we got to Naples- a nightmare. and this hotel??? didn't sleep all night, each noise made us uncomfortable. we were ripped off by cabdrivers...i would never step in Naples and mostly in this hotel. I didn't take photos, we were scared all time spent there, not a lot though, around 5 pm to 5 am.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mih294

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

uk
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Very nice hotel about 15 mins from the airport with a secure parking area..A practicle place for first and last night. A short drive to the Amalfi coast. (about one hour)
Downside the surrounding area is a bit run down.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank UkArt
Ulm, Germany
Reviewed August 16, 2009

If you come by car and need only a palce to sleep before before early morning flight this hotel will make it fine! However you should never stop in the streets nearby: hookers, drug addicts and dealers all night long (s. picture) I don
't know if the hotel was planned for red-light purpose earlier or how the heck did anybody get idea to build a hotel to such location? BTW: Free parking is limited in the streets...

If you plan to book this hotel for longer stay a Naples visitor, you should better take another option.

Rooms are new and clean, nice decor and AC was working, Internet for free but not working properly.

Even the bad location: the hotel is nice, quiet and absolutely ok for 1 night!! Just don't know if I can recommend it?

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joe1968
England
Reviewed August 8, 2009

The hotle in itself wasnt bad and the staff were helpful and spoke decent english. We had a hire car and were afraid to leave it parked in the "alley". As we drove up to the hotel, it was "slummy" and there were stray animals, dead animals and bins lined the road with broken glass and rubbish everywhere. We paid an additional 10 euro to park our car in the undergarage which was a tight squeeze to say the least. We had to leave our keys with reception and came out the next morning to find our car had been moved.

Walking to the metro looks like it should not be attempted after dark or alone. Under the main road and around a bend, across a busy street and finally you are there. Driving in Naples is bad enough (terrifying), crossing the street with 3 children, is a challenge. It appeared the WHOLE of Naples looked the same way while we took the metro to Pompeii.

BUT, dont judge a book by its cover. we found the inside of the hotel neat and tidy and the staff were very helpful. Its about a 40 minute metro ride to Pompeii and at the end, was WELL WORTH the hassel we went through to get there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Gritsnc
London
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My partner and I chose to stay one night at Hotel Joyfull as we had a 7am flight the next day and wanted somewhere near to the airport. What a mistake.

We arrived by metro and the walk to the hotel is most unpleasant. It's situated in what seems to be the rough end of an industrial estate - broken glass etc all on the pavement. You need to walk underneath the main bypass bridge to get there. I was glad I wasn't alone and we didn't venture out that night - not that there was anywhere local to go to.

The hotel itself seemed fine once we walked in - we expected a comfortable room but no luxuries as all we wanted was a cheap room to stay one night. The room itself when we got into it seemed clean. The shower was actually quite good - very warm and good pressure. We thought it would be ok for the one night.

However my partner and I both woke up in the middle of the night scratching. We had bite marks on us. Although nothing appeared to be in the bed on sight we are positive the bed had bed bugs. This was room number 115.

After a terrible nights sleep where we resorted to staying above the covers the extra couple of hours we had to rest, we checkout out early in the morning. This hotel was the only one in Italy during our week long vacation that I hadn't prepaid, and so I gave the receptionist my credit card to pay for the room.

3 days later the fraud department from my credit card company called me to say someone had copied my details and was trying to purchase thousands of pounds worth of items on my card in Australia. I had not used this credit card at all while on holiday apart from at this hotel. I am sure that my details were copied here.

I would definately NOT recommend staying here whatsoever. And even if you think it is close to the aiport the Naples taxis will charge you 20 euros to get to the airport anyway, so best off stay somewhere else. The journey to the airport will cost the same anyway and you wont have the terrible experience we had there.

Hotel H2C is more central and our stay there was excellent.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple