Morelli 49 B&B
  • Bar/Lounge
    Excellent 5/5
      • Restaurant
      • Pool
      All reviewssea frontstreet noisesmall balconyhotel is locatedloreleichiaianeighborhoodbreakfastnapoli
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed June 7, 2009

We spent 3 days there last week with my sister (2 girls). The location of the hotel is very good, close to a shopping street, 30 sec to the seaside, close to the port and to the airport bus, and not a dangerous neighborhood, we could walk around safely after dark.
      As I understood they have rooms with or without bathroom, ours was with its own bathroom. We liked very much the room itself, it was big, clean, with large windows to the streets, and unlike usual hotel rooms it had style: dressing table with mirror, purple walls, huge armchair. I'm very sensitive to uncomfortable beds, as my back hurts a lot, but this one was good.
      Breakfast included cereal, warm, possibly home-made, superb apple pie, milkloaf, nutella, jam, coffee. The staff did not speak a word of english (oke, well, they did speak one word or two, but really not much), but very helpful, when we asked for a hairdryer, we got one immediately, and when we had to leave at 6.30 am, we got the breakfast at 6 am. For this price this was a very good choice.

• Stayed: June 2009
      2  Thank Patricia P
      Reviewed May 4, 2009

After having broused the internet this B&B appeared to have the best papers in town and it didnot disappoint me! Its like having a home in Naples..Massimo's home cooked cakes for breakfast are a lovely and the typical Easter type of cake was yummie!
      The rooms are all spacious and in a movie theme.. My room happened to be from the musical Hair. Double glazed windows keep the street noise outside while you enjoy a quite night on a comfortable bed! Shower and bathroom are not ensuite but that is no problem at all! The area is an absolute plus, a posh and trendy bit of Naples with all the luxury shops just around the corner...
      Dont hesitate go and book this B&B!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
      1  Thank Torino2007
      Reviewed October 20, 2008

Very nice B&B for the money. Was there during a heat wave and the AC was fantastic after a long day in the heat. Clean and with a good bed...what more do you need. The manager only speaks Italian, but hand signs and a bit of Spanish got me by. A nice mix of friendly guests made for good morning chat over cafe. In the good area of Chiaia and an easy walk to the Bay and Piazza Vittoria for all the main bus routes.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
        • Check in / front desk
        • Business service (e.g., internet access)
      1  Thank FirstTimeRoma
      Reviewed October 15, 2007

Please be WARNED- this place is a scam. While the property is cute and in an ideal location. The management was MIA the entire time we were there- NO ONE was on the premises for 2 straight days? We had to search around for toilet paper, cups for water, etc. There was no one there for check out or questions on what we do or where to we go? We could have robbed the place blind and no one would have known???
      THEN- once we returned home to the US, we found that they'd double charged us for our stay and are STILL refusing to give us back our money?? I called the owner from the US to tell him I'd be filing a claim and he hung up on me! I am working with my bank to this day to stop all charges to them. They are scam artists- this place gives Eurpean B&B's a bad name. They should be shut down! And if I don't get my money returned to me- they just might be.

Stayed: September 2007
      2  Thank travelerCHI
      Reviewed June 2, 2007

My friend and I stayed a few nights in Naples at the Morelli in May. We walked to the hotel from the Amadeus train/metro station, it took about 15 minutes and it was an easy walk. The hotel is upstairs and a small bed and breakfast. The people there were very nice. The one warning I want to give is that the room we stayed in, although decorated really cool and very big, had a severe moldy smell and since I have allergies it was tough to deal with. We managed to leave the windows open most of the time (although the hotel is located on a busy street and it's noisy at night) which helped quite a bit but anyone with severe mold allergies should be aware of this information. I believe the other rooms were fine. As for Naples, of my 2 week, 10 city Italy trip, Naples was my favorite. Don't heed all the warnings people give, if you're careful and aware, you'll be fine. It is a very busy city, with a lot of people (and I lived in NYC for 10 yrs and I still felt overwhelmed in Naples at times) but it's full of character, amazing local people and great sites. Naples will be the first city I return to next year.

Stayed: June 2007