UNA Hotel Napoli
Agoda.com
$170
$153
1,955 results
All reviewspiazza garibalditrain stationgreat hotelroof terracepillow menufree mini barbusy piazzaexecutive roomcar hornsother citiestop floormount vesuviuspick pocketspizzadouble glazingconvenient locationmodern hotel
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here as part of our tour of Italy. There is no question, for links to the local, national & international rail network, the hotel is perfect. It is on the opposite side of the square from the station. However, this is the business part of town and, honestly, is rather grubby. Dirty streets, rubbish and (currently) major infrastructure works to the city's Metro mean the square is a mess.

Inside, the hotel is very stylish (as befits this group of hotels), our room (a superior) was large, good soundproofing & an excellent black out. Could have done with a lick of paint, there were numerous scrapes & scuffs on the decorated surfaces. On the whole though, a good standard.

The roof terrace bar & restaurant offer great views of the city & Service was excellent.

Our main gripe would be, for a hotel of this class, the wifi should be free in your room, not rationed out at one hour a day before you have to pay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OliverMaxwell-Jones
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Ok, so no where in Naples will be nice. To be honest, Naples is a dump, but this hotel was a nice getaway from the filth outside. The hotel was amazing. But open a window or door and you are again flooded with the filth outside. I did want to share how amazing the staff was there. Unfortunately my husband got pick pocketed on the bus and lost his wallet containing credit cards, money, license, etc. So while the staff spoke broken English they managed to help us through this ordeal and with patience! They were amazing and gave us 24 hours of wireless free to get our things in order. They were a god sent gift! I will always be in debited to them. So for that reason alone, this hotel is spot on EXCELLENT!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LaraP326
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was at the Una Hotel in Napoli for 4 nights in May and have to say that the location is fantastic. It is a five minute walk to the train station and the metro making it very good for trips to Pompeii, Herculaneum etc. Granted you need to cross some pretty busy streets in and around the hotel but it is all part of the Italian experience. I did not see any problems with crime or danger or any such thing. I explored a good portion of Napoli and I did not find the area the Una is in to be any more or less safe or friendly than the rest of the city.

The room is very spacious and might just be the largest I ever stood in in Europe. I was in a corner room which meant I had two balconies, one with a splendid view of Vesuvius. The heavy duty shutters do not permit any light into the room when they are closed making a very good sleeping experience. It can get a little loud with the honking and the traffic outside but nothing more than you would expect in any large metropolitan city.

The only minor complaint I had was the unlocking of the hotel room itself. The porter who showed me my room could not get my card to unlock the door so had to use his master key. I tried several times to get it to work until I realized you needed to ring the door bell to activate the card and open the door. Weird.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Meowy
Reviewed May 30, 2012

There is nothing negative that my wife and I can say about the UNA Hotel. It is a 5 minute walk from Napoli Centrale main train station, and, yes, the area around the hotel and station is quite dirty. My wife and I did not encounter any problems with vagrants, "tough guys" or things of that sort although they are present. Navigating through the cars, motor scooters, busses and trams between the hotel and the train station can be a challenge as drivers and pedestrians in Naples show no respect for each other. J-walking and completely ignoring walk/do not walk signs is everywhere as is the constant blowing of horns. It's a big city, but my wife and I felt safe all of the time.

The hotel is outstanding with outstanding staff. I read a recent review on this site that was critical of the staff, but the staff was most helpful, knowledgeable, and most courteous and arranged for two tours formus. In fact, mainly because of the staff, etc., we would return in a heartbeat. Our room was on the 4th floor and faced the Garibaldi Piazza. Yes, it is noisy, etc. outside, but the rooms are practically soundproof with shutters outside the double pane glass as well as full wooden panels inside that kept the room completely dark even with the morning sunrise shining right toward us. We had slippers and bathrobes in our room and all of the expected amenities. We had a before dinner drink each night at the bar on the top floor which also has a balcony that is quite nice. Contrary to another recent review I read, our drinks were great with great service. My wife likes a vodka martini with green olives, and the bartender was most capable and made her martini exactly the way she wanted it. And she is very particular. Her martini and my two local beers were 15 Euros, which I thought more than satisfactory. In fact, in most places in the US, we would pay more for Absolut vodka and premium beers. We would definitely return to UNA Naples.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcu1963
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed at this place for three nights which was very tastefully renovated and which offers all the amenities of a modern (business-) Hotel. The Service was very friendly and helpful. A great selection at the breakfast buffet in the roof top restaurant. The rooms were modern and fully equipped including soundproof windows which are necessary in the surrounding of a train Station with all the related traffic and noise especially since there is a huge construction site at the moment in front of the Hotel.
On one side the location is great because buses, trains and streetcars are just outside the door (parking your car might be a Problem) but on the other side you find around a train Station a lot of people who don´t give you a comfortable and safe feeling especially at night and in Naples which does not have the best reputation for its safety.
Even so the city cleans the streets every night, it is amazing how much garbage can pile up during the day and therefore, contrary to the hotel, the surrounding area is the biggest Problem of this Hotel which otherwise would have well deserved 5 points.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends