All reviews train station adjacent restaurant working class neighborhood one night direct access c unit nice hotel stayed here for three nights blackout curtains napoli centrale rooms are modern the hotel staff junior suite mini fridge public transport explore naples breakfast buffet is
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2015

Stayed here for 4 nights after having spent 4 nights in Rome. As soon as we got outside the train station we thought oh my god where have we come to? There was literally hundreds of migrants just sitting about the streets and quite intimidating just to add to the fact the area was in a ghetto.
Got through the front door of the hotel and it was a very pleasant surprise to have such a nice hotel in such a bad part of the city.
The room was very modern,although it needs a fridge and harder pillows.
When you check in the staff hand you this sheet of paper with all the rules which seems rather petty and ridiculous. For example you cannot bring in food from outside the hotel yet they allow you to take food up to your room which you bought at their restaurant. Also if the room is too messy they can fine you between 5-20€. Bit ridiculous and rather anal if you ask me.
The hotel is situated right next to the train station which included the metro too. Great place to base yourself from if you want to explore the surrounding area such as Pompei, Amalfi Coast and Vesuvio. Naples itself is not worth seeing. It's rather rundown and the people in the restaurants are rather rude as if they don't really want you there.
The restaurant in the hotel's prices are great but the service is lacking.
You can get a coffee and a croissant for 1,50€ which sounds good but don't sit down to eat it otherwise the staff go mental at you and try to charge you "service". What service might I add? You give me the coffee and the croissant and then I take it myself over to the table,why should I pay service when I'm doing it all myself? Never have I heard something so ridiculous in my life. Basically they want to do no work yet still get money for it. The staff in the restaurant don't really speak English too which I found quite surprising considering you work in a hotel full of foreigners.
However, the reception staff were very helpful,especially the man with glasses (sorry I don't know your name!). Would stay here again if I came back to Naples

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2015

We chose this hotel because it is next to platform one of the central train station and we wanted to stop over on our inward and outward journey travelling by train. So from this point of view it couldn't be better - there is a rear entrance alongside a police station. There was NO noise from the station. The hotel and its rooms are modern, minimalist in design, but comfortable and clean. The air conditioning was wonderful given the outside temperature of 35c. The breakfast room was a little too minimalist for me and the breakfast was not to my liking, especially the fresh bread which was very salty. There is a very good restaurant on the ground floor which we used on both visits. It is a 30 minute walk to the historical centre and because of the busy roads not a pleasant one, so instead hop into a taxi at about 7 euro.

Room tip: All rooms would most likely be the same, but those on the top floor are nearer the outside roof terrace.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2015

We only stayed here one night as a last stop in Italy because it was close to the airport. The room was small but modern, clean and pleasing although quite minimalist. The bath was nice and the shower was excellent. The staff was helpful and friendly. I would imagine that this is the perfect hotel for the business traveller. The hotel is very reasonably priced.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2015

The hotel is situated directly behind the Naples station although it isn't noisy at all. The staff at the desk were incredibly helpful especially with finding places and ordering taxis for us so that we would not get ripped off! The area however is incredibly dodgy and I recommend keeping a firm hand on your valuables and the zip of your handbags as people were crowding around us and giving us a lot of unwanted attention. If I were to return to the region I would definitely go to Sorrento or Amalfi for a more pleasant trip. Breakfast was okay but the cakes they provided were stale and several days old (the same ones were at breakfast every day while I was there for 4 nights). The pizza restaurant attached was baked freshly in a woodfire oven which was lovely however. The air conditioning in the rooms was essential to combat the heat, and very refreshing.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights at the start of the hotel and I enjoyed my stay here a lot.
The hotel is clean and tidy and there is a great restaurant attached where the staff made us feel welcome.

The location is very convenient for transport and brilliant if you are on a city break but not if you are looking to have a sea view. But I didn't really care too much as my boyfriend and I used the location as a good hub to use the metro garibaldi which takes you towards naples bay and around the city as well as the metro service to sorrento and pompeii.

To get to sorrento it's normally about a €15 return and takes a while but pompeii is on the same route too. Reminded me a lot of being on the district line!

Would definitely recommend this place as the place is clean, the wifi WAS working when we were there and it wasn't the quietest but when you are in a busy district it's what you can expect. But in the evening it is quiet especially when we went to eat in the evening

Trip type: Traveled with friends