“Nice place to live” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Naples
Naples, Italy
“Nice place to live”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I lived here for 15 days when I arrived in Italy . The hostel staff is co-operative,friendly and loads of cheerfulness , I enjoyed my stay here . Nice facilities, relaxing atmosphere. Appreciate working staff for their helping nature in HOTS.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Great hostel, the staff were so informative about what to do and see around town. They recommended the pizza street to us and it was seriously the best pizza I have ever eaten!
Very clean and an amazing breakfast!
Thanks for making Naples an awesome experience!

Stayed July 2014
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Arriving in Naples I did no research on what to do or where to go. When I arrived at Hostel of the Sun, I was greeted with enthusiasm and was treated as a friend not a guest. I was told everything I should see during my visit and was helped every morning when I had questions on how to get places. The rooms are extremely clean and mixed rooms are evenly divided between female and males. There is a very relaxing atmosphere and a great place to meet people and enjoy the city. Breakfast was filling every morning and the staff gave excellent recommendations for the best pizza in Naples. I truly appreciated the great hospitality and security I had in Hostel of the Sun.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank CamiWalker
Fukuoka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very friendly staff. Together with the check-in orientation, they told me the must-visit places in Napoli, together with some restaurant information. Room was 4 people dormitory room. It is comfortable. Hostel staff keeps a dog named "Billy" and he is so cute. I want to hug him again, therefore I may want to visit Napoli again!

Room Tip: To get in touch with kind hotel staff.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank yikeda04
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellent hostel. Extremely friendly staff who are there 24 hours today to help out or just chat, especially if you come back late after partying and have some stories to tell!

The best part was checking in and getting a great introduction to Naples. After hearing all the stories of how hectic this city is, most of that seemed over the top once you knew about all the different quarters and where I was interested in going. The staff set provide a map and talk you through all the different sites and things to do. I think you should add Piazza Bellini to the introduction for younger or solo travellers guys! I loved Naples, so much so that I ended up missing Pompeii, which I think most people would think is crazy. But after getting to walk around a lot I never wanted to leave! All of my knowledge was provided by hostel staff, including where to find Alimentary to eat buffalo mozzarella, the best pizza shops and the oldest, walking routes and transport alternatives, and beaches outside of the city.

The place was quiet and well equipped. Breakfast every morning was basic but substantial and a good way to fuel for the day, especially if you're planning on climbing one thing or another, of which there are many.

Big thanks to Valerio and team for making the stay so good! Hopefully I'll make it back some day!

My only problem was the doorbell as I could hear it from my bed and it tended to go off a fair bit at night-time. But this really wasn't an issue.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank CiccioPastizio
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed in this hostel for 2 nights in a private room and enjoyed our stay!

We found the staff very friendly and helpful, especially when it came to helping us when we discovered that my girlfriend had lost her passport between there and our previous hotel in Rome. They were more than willing to call our previous hotel to ask (in Italian) if it could be found there and call back 2 more times to chase them. They were also very quick with advice on what we should do next (or atleast where to start) when we had no luck locating the passport.

Also, the overview of Naples that was given to us on arrival was very helpful.

The Room was clean and spacious, with a large balcony that had a (partial) view of the castle and the Docks. Even though we were 2 floors above the main reception and communal area, it felt safe. Sharing 2 bathrooms on this floor wasn't an issue as 2 rooms were un-suite.

The Breakfast was stuffiest and rekindled my love affair with Nutella! :-)

The hostel was easy to find and idealy located for exploring the centre, if a bit of a trek from the central train station. I can't say it was my most enjoyable experience navigating my way across the crazy Naple roads on a busy Saturday afternoon, but we were greeted with a great welcome, which helped put us at ease.

We went on the free walking tour that was organised through the hostel, which we thought was a great way to get an overview of the city from a local, who knew where he was going (and how to cross the roads!).

I would (and will) recommend this hostel.

Room Tip: A corner Private Room will a good balcony to relax on
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Not sure why it has been certified as the best hostel in Europe..
We were greeted by a cockroach, 2 bathrooms for the whole of the hostel which were absolutely disgusting. The beds were the most uncomfortable we stayed throughout our trip, also giving one of us back ache for the rest of the journey.
I give credit to the people that work there they are extremely nice.. But the place is a bit of a disaster unfortunately. Was really expecting different especially as it was suppose to be "the best hostel in Europe".. Maybe Naples don't have great hostels?!

Stayed June 2014