“Excellent in every little detial”

Bed and Breakfast La Concordia
Ranked #105 of 739 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2014

La Concordia B&B is very well placed, right in the centre of the Quartieri Spagnoli. If you want to experience the flavour of being in Naples, this is the place to book, clean, charming living rooms, spacious bedrooms, excellent breakfast. The owner, Anna, knows a lot about Naples's history and all that is happening in this fascinating city. She is always willing to help you around. Speaks fluently french and english. If you need any assistance you can always count in her.

The bulding has an elevator so you don't have to carry any luggage.

La Concordia is a must while being in Naples.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Miguel V
alice00736, Proprietario at Bed and Breakfast La Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Caro Miguel
I thank you very much for your excellent review...do I really deserve all that?

Did you move to the new house? do you feel comfortable?

Keep your promise and come back with all the family
anna
silvana e alice

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My mother, sister and I stayed with Anna for 4 days in May. Her apartment is on the 3rd floor with a small elevator making it ok to access. The apartment itself was perfect, we had a very large room with a big double bed and a roll out bed for the third person, all being quite comfortable.
We also had our own bathroom.
In the mornings Anna offers you up a cooked breakfast from scrambled eggs to more simple options like bread and jam. Each morning breakfast was delicious.
Anna herself is such a lovely lady, more than helpful with advice and suggestions on what to do and the best sights, her English is perfect.
The apartment itself is about a 5 minute walk down hill to the middle of Naples.
We would all stay here again and I can't recommend her place enough :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Me and my boyfriend spent 3 days in Naples in La Concordia. Really it is very amazing place for staying in Naples. La Concordia is near down town, we were walking to all monuments.
Room was extremely clean (every day was cleaned), bedding and towells were pleasantly fragrant. Private bathroom is possible to define like spacious with clean toilet, bidet as well as bath. Never happened problems with hot watter. For every morning (also in day our arrival) Mrs. Anna prepared for us tasty breakfast (coffee, tea, cheese, artichoke, hard boiled eggs, fried eggs, home made cake, joghurt, cornflakes with milk, marmelade, toasted bread). We received many interesting tips for example where eat, which is the fastest journey from the airport etc. Really Anna is wonderfull host. We can recomend staying in La Concordia.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at B&B La Concordia for 5 nights. Anna, the apartment owner adopted me while the other B&B couldn't confirm my reservation and that happened one week before I left for Naples. I didn't expect much, but Anna is very professional. She gave me clear direction of how to get to her apartment, an orientation of her neighborhood when I arrived and many suggestions of what to see and what not to miss.
Her spacious apartment has a lot of charms, Spanish tile, deep sink, beautiful chandelier, french door that opens to a little balcony, ect..and she makes delicious home made breakfast that you order everyday. Anna set up the breakfast table every morning, and every little detail that she put in makes you feel very special. The neighborhood is very Neapolitan. You can hardly see any tourists unless you walk down to the liveliest road, Via Toledo. Naples is a pulsating city, noisy and HILLY. Make sure you are ready to do a lot of walking and climbing and be careful with the scooter drivers! At the same time you will find great people in that neighborhood too.
Anna recommends two family own restaurants that are not too far from her apartment. And I eat at those two restaurant almost everyday. The food is fresh and the price is great! I am very
happy about the location because it is close to San Carlo theater house( make sure you attend a concert there), Galleria Umberto I where you can find the Gay Ordin Chocolate/ice cream store, and if you are into cameo or corral shopping, there is a cameo museum by the galleria.
Anna's apartment is also close to the bus stop where it takes you to Garibaldi station. You can also take a cable car not far from her apartment and up to the hill and enjoy the view laying in front of you. From Anna's apartment you can walk to Santa Lucia or to the town center. It will be a lot of walking, but then you can eat all the pizza you like and not feeling guilty.
The high light of my trip in Naples was taking a cooking class with Anna's daughter, Silvanah. I felt privilege to be invited to her house and cooked with her! Mother and daughter speak great English and I had a lot of fun cooking with Silvanah. Silvanah makes me feel at ease right away. She shown me her way of baking Almond chocolate brownie that is originally from Capri, a delicious pasta dish that I can't wait to try at home, a savory, mouth watery octopus dish and a colorful bell pepper dish. I missed the meal very much, I can almost taste it in my mouth every time I think about it. I baked the Almond chocolate brownie when I came home and everyone loves it and raves about it! On top of that, Silvanah's apartment window faces the famous mountain Vesuvius! Unbelievable! So on that day I get to learn how to cook like a Neapolitan, enjoy the beautiful Vesuvius view as if I owned the place, and have a great conversation with a Neapolitan, Silvanah! Mmmmm......life is good. I will not hesitate to go back to B&B La Concordia again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank flyingpig10
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Beginning with the reservation, this was arranged very efficiently through a phone call to the host Anna and then an email to confirm. Anna's English is excellent, and I have a feeling she may speak other foreign languages well too. My arrival time of 9pm wasn't a problem, and after I settled in Anna gave me a brief introduction to the B&B and how to work the locks. The location is wonderful, at the top of a small sloping piazza in very dense residential area on the hillside between the major street Via Toledo and the busy mid-levels road, Corso Vittorio Emanuele. The streets are narrow and full of life, and people's living rooms open right onto the street. As Anna will also tell you, watch out for motor scooters. The drivers go as fast as the scooters can manage and seem to pay no attention to blind corners or one-way street signs, but they also look very skilful and adept at avoiding collisions, and the local pedestrians don't exactly run for cover when anything comes near, like I felt like doing, so I think it's probably all safer than it looks. Anna provides good instructions on arriving; from the airport I took a mix of public transport and walking, which was super cheap (€3 all the way) and took perhaps 40 minutes all up, although the airport bus (Alibus) is only every 30 minutes, so if you're unlucky with timing it'll be longer. There were some real traffic snarl-ups, which the bus didn't get caught up in given it followed the major streets, but I get the feeling a taxi in Naples could get stuck in traffic. Anna's bound to know what to tell the driver. The location means an easy walk to the historic centre, the Piazza del Plebiscito, and the Chiaia area and marina waterfront (all between 5 and 15 minutes away). A walk up to Castel St Elmo is well worth it. The B&B is extremely clean and tidy, and nicely decorated, with a great collection of books and literary journals (my room had amongst the books a few 1960s issues of the London Magazine). Anna made breakfast to an order I placed each night, and it really was good. There was a huge range of options; Anna's daughter had made the cake. Everything was presented with an art. The room (the twin room) was nice and spacious. There was a private bathroom outside the bedroom, which was again very nice and clean. Light sleepers would need to close the windows, as the motor scooters are noisy when they accelerate , but I had no trouble at all sleeping, and the bed was comfy. Anna is very polite and discreet, but has helpful advice should you need it (eg a very good and busy restaurant nearby, Antica Capri, where I had a perfect pizza outside with a house wine, for so little money it felt like theft (it helped mentioning Anna's name I think)). I only stayed 3 nights, and was out all day every day, which was a shame, as it did look like a really restful place to spend longer in, and perhaps take a siesta. There was a strong, fast wifi connection which managed a Skype video call. For all this, the price was great - €50 for single use of the twin room - which compared really well to other options around.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Carl S
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at the independent apartment 200 yds along the street from B&B La Concordia for eight days in January and loved it. Many writers advise staying away from this area of Naples but we have to say that at no time did we feel threatened (night or day) and the locals were very friendly, far more so than in other more affluent areas of the city that we visited. We were quite well known at the end of our stay and local people were very keen to speak to us.

This is the real Naples. We so much enjoyed the bustle of the tall narrow streets with washing hanging out and many small shops, bars and restaurants. People are continually chattering and scooters, some with three and four passengers up, are continually passing by.

We particularly liked the take away local dishes prepared by three ladies in a kitchen just around the corner and the bread baked twice a day in the bakery even closer, the bread so hot it was difficult to carry. There are delicatessen style food shops selling hams, mortadella and cheeses everywhere and the fruit and veg tumbling onto the street was mouth watering even in January. The wine bought at 2 or 3 Euros a bottle was excellent. The area is alive with real vitality and a great base for holiday where you can experience the real flavour of Napoli..

The apartment was large, well heated, has every convenience, is scrupulously clean and is located on the third floor within one of the better buildings of the area. The bed was particularly comfortable. The owner was very helpful and gave us every help including advice on a wonderful guitar concert that we so enjoyed. She was always available but never intrusive. The steps up to the third floor do not lend this apartment to someone with a heart condition but the view over Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples made the climb well worth while.

We walked everywhere: to the National Museum with its superb frescos and mosaics, to the San Carlo Opera House and to the fashionable Chiaia area. If your holiday is to have cocktails brought to you on the beach this apartment is not for you but if you want to enjoy the excitement of the city it is great!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bastapasta24
alice00736, Proprietario at Bed and Breakfast La Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Petra and Vaclav
thanks a lot for your words - really it has been much more than what I deserve .
Don't forget you have left "something" behind...hoping to have you both again at home
anna

Reviewed January 13, 2013

La Concordia is deep in the Spanish Quarter of Naples - an area that many travel guides (and some Neapolitans) will warn you off. If you're after a tranquil experience then Naples, still less the Spanish Quarter is not the place to stay. The area is hilly, rambunctious, and stinks from all the scooters zipping up the hill - the fumes have nowhere to go since the streets are steep, narrow, graffitied gullies. But we never once felt ill at ease among the people, who were colourful, warm, and hospitable. Anna is a seriously, refined, intelligent and endlessly fascinating hostess who regards it as a serious duty to look after her guests' every need. She took the the time to explain the city of Naples to us and recommend cultural events every single day. What must be mentioned is Anna's amazing hospitality on Christmas day. She arranged and shared a wonderful dinner for our family that we will never forget (special thanks also to the hostess and her family). This level of hospitality is so far off the usual travel radar that it cannot be forgotten. There are a few caveats for Anglo travellers. (1) the nighttime noise of the area is unbelievable. If you're used to sleeping in noisy urban environments then you'll probably be fine, but we all needed earplugs to drown it out. In the end my parents moved to a nearby hotel to get some peace and quiet. (2) beds are relatively hard and springy in Italy, compared to say the UK, US, and Australia. (3) anybody with a mobility problem should probably avoid staying in the area since the streets are steep and you need to be mobile and alert to avoid interacting tragically with a scooter. (4) if you're travelling as a family group as we were, bear in mind that bed and breakfasts in Italy aren't like apartments, even if you have all the rooms - you don't have the run of the kitchen. For everybody else - couples, solo travellers, intrepid families who love colour, hospitality (check out the amazing family restaurants in the Spanish quarter, whom Anna will recommend), and culture, it's recommended. If I ever travel to Naples for work I would go back to La Concordia in a heartbeat, to spend more time talking to Anna and to engage with the city at another level.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family