“Excellent value”

Bonapace Porta Nolana Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #261 of 761 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Close to both the central station and CurcumvesuvianaPompei. As you walk to the station you think oh my god what is this place going to be like as the neighborhood seems a bit dodgy, however the B&B is a little oasis. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The road noise is loud but with the window closed it doesn't keep you awake. The breakfast was acceptable and the place was clean. Excellent value for money in walking distance to the sights in the historical centre and also close to a hop on hop off bus stop. Definitely would return

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eliza K

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Close to the station, just across the street from the gate into old Naples, this is a nice and competitively priced solution to a few days in Naples. My room was clean and pleasant with ac. Breakfast quality is well above average. Staff are charming and very helpful. I would go back.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank frenchteddywww
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed four nights in Bonapace B&B on our Italy trip It is a proper, clean and Nice place to stay and for its central location at a cheap price. Die Innkeeper Sanju is the friendliest man in whole Naples who can give helpful advices for your stay.

When We left the room I forgot my wedding ring in the room and found it later on attached on a string on our backpack which we left in the lobby for a last walk in the city. Thank you Sanju!

Whenever we come back to Naples we will definitely join Bonapace again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marc_W88
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at Bonapace Porta Nolana B&B for 2 nights on 13 & 14 June 2013.The B&B was very easy to find & close to the Naples airport shuttle stop near the main train station. The room and bed were comfortable, and surprisingly quiet considering the location.The bathroom was small but adequate. When I came back the 1st night, my room was too hot so I switched on the air con for a bit to cool it down. But then I couldn’t turn it off! I tried everything, even changed the batteries in the remote - without any luck.The room was very cold and I could not sleep in it, so despite being 1am I resolved to call the mobile number I had been given. At first, I thought we were not going to come to a solution, but thankfully, there were a couple of rooms free in the B&B, and keys were accessible, so I was able to spend the night in another room. The next morning, I was greeted with a very nice breakfast with homemade jams. The person present showed me that the remote control for the air con was now - mysteriously - working again. But he was very nice about it. The day I left, I was able to leave my luggage and pick it up when I needed and was given an access key for front doors in case nobody was in. I would definitely stay there again if I come to Naples. The neighbourhood in Porta Nolana and Piazza Garibaldi is a bit scruffy, but frankly, as a woman travelling on my own and coming back very late to the B&B at night, I was not troubled at anytime.

Room Tip: Some rooms have self-catering facilities (two electric rings and fridge).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank 21Lily
Reviewed June 2, 2013

First impressions are not good .I thought this was a flea-pit from the street and even the postman,who we asked for directions, had to work at it for a minute or two to find it, when we were right outside! Very well situated though, easy access to the train station and metro station ( for Pompei and Erculano. Old city centre 10 mins by foot. The rooms are on the 2nd floor, no lift. We stayed 3 nights on 2 occasions and it definitely felt like home. Big plus for me, was the fact that you have your own key, so go exploring the area at night, when you can get some very nice pics of the lit-up buildings ( OK churches) The room was clean with a ladies' touch obvious in the charming decor. Sanju was very kind and helpful as were the owners. They provide a clothes washing service for E5 . Don't expect a wide range for breakfast. You"ll get your sweet buns etc. and good coffee, home made jam is a nice touch. You're right next to Trattoria Da Donato for the best Italian food around. We would certainly go back when we return some day to beautiful Naples!

Room Tip: You get a view of Vesuvius on one side and the street ( via Garibaldi ) on the other side. You can...
3  Thank Travelling_Guy_13
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The entrance and surroundings might make you think that you made a bad choice, but don't worry because the B&B is a good one. The rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable. The wireless works in the common area, but was weak in our room (we were in #3, at the end of the hall).

Most important for us was the location; only a few minutes to the central station, and even less to the Circumvesuviana). The old town is a longer walk - about 20 minutes to the middle of the historic center.

3  Thank LostProf
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Actually we were supposed to stay at a 4-star hotel in Naples (Decumani Hotel de Charme), but when the staff there managed to mess up our reservation and lied to us as obviously as could be, we decided to stay at another accommodation to be on the safe side.
That´s how we got to Bonapace, and found the staff to be absolutely professional from reservation via check-in and breakfast in the morning to check-out.
The room was very clean and everything functioned well. There was even a small kitchen and a balcony to the backside (okay, views were not so great but anyway). The aircondition was working silently. The bed was perfect and we slept very well.

Breakfast was good, too. Mentioning this I would like to point out, that we asked in advance for one glutenfree breakfast option. The check-in staff mentioned right at the check-in, that they remembered to provide that special service...and they provided a lot!!
On our departure day we were able to leave our luggage at the B&B and received extra keys, as the reception is not staffed 24 hours. We could also use a rest-room on the corridor. And we found the glutenfree bread and cookies, which we haven´t eaten in the morning, packed in a bag and placed on our suitcases.

The B&B is located very handy close to public transport such as trains stations, busses, trams and airport connections. While the area itself it´s a bit run down, you will find Bonapace to be a Haven in the chaos. We were very glad to have found it and can highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back-yard.
2  Thank Mr_Torstai