“Good hotel”

Ranked #53 of 190 Hotels in Naples
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel early October for a week. Hotel is in a good location for boat trips to Capri and Sorrento. The hotel is in a shared building with the hotel reception on the 3rd floor, manned 24hrs. Our room was a good size and overlooked the main road. A bit noisy but it's a busy city. Good size bathroom with a good powerful shower. Hotel staff very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast room clean and a good size. Breakfast menu fine, limited hot food. Overall if I return to Naples I would stay here again. PS we even managed to pick WiFi up in our room as it backed onto the breakfast room

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank downes_t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great hotel close to the port area and shopping district. It was a 10 minute walk to the hydrofoil to Sorrento. The room was nice with a balcony, air conditioning worked well and the front desk staff was very helpful. We were on the 5th floor and it was fine. WiFi does not work in the rooms, but it does in their lobby reception area. The metro from the train station to the hotel is not straight forward. We took a taxi back to the train station for 10 euros.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaliforniaEnr
Helmbrechts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

All in all, a very nice 3 star hotel for the money. The 140cm bed was a bit small for two adults. The really only negative thing was when I could not find a safe in the room, I was given a key and told to take a safe from another room...my response was "if the safe isn't bolted down, its just a metal box some thief can carry out". The existance of an in room safe was very high on my list of musts for the hotel. Having lived in Naples for 3 years in the 90's, I was aware of the risks. My wife did not carry a purse and I wore a long coat to cover all my pockets. I did not like carrying around all my valuables. The breakfast was very good, with the exception of scrambled eggs placed in a NON heated container. Don't try to drink watered down espresso to try to imitate regular bean coffee. Just settle for a capuchino. The computer in the lobby was nice to have use of. The view from the breakfast room was great. I highly recommend spending the extra money for a superior room. Location is great. The desk clerks were basically helpful, so more than others. It would have been VERY nice if there were at least ONE English speaking NEWS channel...CNN, CNBC, SKY, BBC, FRANCE24...anyone of them..

Room Tip: Superior Room is a must to get a Queen Bed or 2 twins! 5th Floor was nice, but the 3rd floor would...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I had pre booked my stay and was very concerned after reading recent reviews. However, we soon realised we had nothing to worry about.

We stayed on the second floor and the room was fantastic. Just like the pictures on the website. New bathrooms and aircon. Two balconies. Great location, 5-10 min walk to the palazzo reale. Also close to the port which was great for us as we were heading out to amalfi from Naples.

Great value, staff were pretty average.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Elinaeli
Nicosia, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

this was the worst hotel i have ever stayed there!the first room we were given the aircondition was broken,the room very dirty and there was no toilet handle so we asked them to move us somewhere else.the gave us another room,the aircondition work until 3 oclock and then it stopped,which was not that bad.again the room was very dirty, and the toilet wouldnt stop running all night long....again we asked them to move us to a different room and we were lucky they moved us down to the third floor where the room were renovated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lola2882

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was certainly not what it seemed in the advertising matter. Be warned if there is no picture of the entrance. It was on the third floor of a run-down building in an unprepossessing side street. I had what appeared to be one of the modernized rooms! Unfortunately it was not finished. Yes, the bed looked just like you see it in the picture but it was what you don't see that was the problem - I was told that the large hole in the ceiling was because they were updating the air conditioning which was very noisy even if I switched it off as the control box was outside my door. It really kept me awake. Breakfasts were disgusting - I think the milk was reconstituted and the coffee was horrid. MORE SERIOUSLY - I LATER DISCOVERED MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS HAD BEEN PASSED ON WITH ALL MY DETAILS! I LATER REMEMBERED THAT THEY PHOTOCOPIED MY PASSPORT! WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T PAY VIA E MAIL USING A CREDIT CARD OR ANY SORT OF BANK CARD! IT WAS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE I HAD USED THE CARD CONCERNED SO NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. LUCKILY MY BANK QUICKLY DISCOVERED IT !!!! Whatever you do go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ROSEMARIE D
Nicosia, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

When we booked for this hotel the only free space was in the Annex... don't make the same mistake!!!
The Hotel is located on an apartment building, the 3rd floors rooms are average (my friends stayed there for a night - after having so much trouble with their room on the 5th floor/Annex (running toilet, broken a/c, ceiling falling on their head) - the a/c was not working) they have an average look and although they seem to have been recently renewed is sad to see that they haven't spend their money wisely!!
On the Annex floor (5th floor) the rooms are very old, paint is falling from the ceiling, the water even though there is always hot it's not really running from the tubs making it very hard to even wash your hair.
The stuff was trying to keep them clean and tidy but the towels were very very old, the a/c in some of the rooms didn't work, the bed sheets even if they were clean they were very old they weren't white anymore and they had irremovable stains and holes!!! :(
Breakfast was ok, nothing exiting... Reception desk people were friendly and trying to help as much as they could.

Room Tip: don't choose the Annex rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends