“Hotel Napolit'amo”

Ranked #55 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Helmbrechts
“Hotel Napolit'amo”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

All in all, a very nice 3 star hotel for the money. The 140cm bed was a bit small for two adults. The really only negative thing was when I could not find a safe in the room, I was given a key and told to take a safe from another room...my response was "if the safe isn't bolted down, its just a metal box some thief can carry out". The existance of an in room safe was very high on my list of musts for the hotel. Having lived in Naples for 3 years in the 90's, I was aware of the risks. My wife did not carry a purse and I wore a long coat to cover all my pockets. I did not like carrying around all my valuables. The breakfast was very good, with the exception of scrambled eggs placed in a NON heated container. Don't try to drink watered down espresso to try to imitate regular bean coffee. Just settle for a capuchino. The computer in the lobby was nice to have use of. The view from the breakfast room was great. I highly recommend spending the extra money for a superior room. Location is great. The desk clerks were basically helpful, so more than others. It would have been VERY nice if there were at least ONE English speaking NEWS channel...CNN, CNBC, SKY, BBC, FRANCE24...anyone of them..

Room Tip: Superior Room is a must to get a Queen Bed or 2 twins! 5th Floor was nice, but the 3rd floor would...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I had pre booked my stay and was very concerned after reading recent reviews. However, we soon realised we had nothing to worry about.

We stayed on the second floor and the room was fantastic. Just like the pictures on the website. New bathrooms and aircon. Two balconies. Great location, 5-10 min walk to the palazzo reale. Also close to the port which was great for us as we were heading out to amalfi from Naples.

Great value, staff were pretty average.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Elinaeli
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed August 27, 2012

this was the worst hotel i have ever stayed there!the first room we were given the aircondition was broken,the room very dirty and there was no toilet handle so we asked them to move us somewhere else.the gave us another room,the aircondition work until 3 oclock and then it stopped,which was not that bad.again the room was very dirty, and the toilet wouldnt stop running all night long....again we asked them to move us to a different room and we were lucky they moved us down to the third floor where the room were renovated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lola2882

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was certainly not what it seemed in the advertising matter. Be warned if there is no picture of the entrance. It was on the third floor of a run-down building in an unprepossessing side street. I had what appeared to be one of the modernized rooms! Unfortunately it was not finished. Yes, the bed looked just like you see it in the picture but it was what you don't see that was the problem - I was told that the large hole in the ceiling was because they were updating the air conditioning which was very noisy even if I switched it off as the control box was outside my door. It really kept me awake. Breakfasts were disgusting - I think the milk was reconstituted and the coffee was horrid. MORE SERIOUSLY - I LATER DISCOVERED MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS HAD BEEN PASSED ON WITH ALL MY DETAILS! I LATER REMEMBERED THAT THEY PHOTOCOPIED MY PASSPORT! WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T PAY VIA E MAIL USING A CREDIT CARD OR ANY SORT OF BANK CARD! IT WAS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE I HAD USED THE CARD CONCERNED SO NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. LUCKILY MY BANK QUICKLY DISCOVERED IT !!!! Whatever you do go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ROSEMARIE D
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed August 19, 2012

When we booked for this hotel the only free space was in the Annex... don't make the same mistake!!!
The Hotel is located on an apartment building, the 3rd floors rooms are average (my friends stayed there for a night - after having so much trouble with their room on the 5th floor/Annex (running toilet, broken a/c, ceiling falling on their head) - the a/c was not working) they have an average look and although they seem to have been recently renewed is sad to see that they haven't spend their money wisely!!
On the Annex floor (5th floor) the rooms are very old, paint is falling from the ceiling, the water even though there is always hot it's not really running from the tubs making it very hard to even wash your hair.
The stuff was trying to keep them clean and tidy but the towels were very very old, the a/c in some of the rooms didn't work, the bed sheets even if they were clean they were very old they weren't white anymore and they had irremovable stains and holes!!! :(
Breakfast was ok, nothing exiting... Reception desk people were friendly and trying to help as much as they could.

Room Tip: don't choose the Annex rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 8, 2012

After questioning several policemen, and driving by the "hotel" twice we finally found it....a very small sign indicating a hotel on the 3rd floor of a residental building. It is located close to the port in an area of the city you might not want to be out in later in the evening (though we had no problems walking back from a very good restaurant nearby at 10 pm). The biggest problem was the airconditoner which was malfunctioning. They could not seem to get it fixed and the room temperature never dropped below 80 degrees during the night. It was working, of course, when we checked in! The room was modern, attractive and clean as was the bathroom. The breakfast was also delicious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had one of the newer rooms, like in the picture, but my friend was in the older part of the hotel which was quite a bit dingier. Room layout was a little odd with the shower in the nook between the bedroom and bathroom, and then the toilet and sink on the other side of the bathroom door, so that could be awkward if you're sharing with a friend (I was with my husband, so not an issue). Breakfast was pretty basic, but the view from the breakfast area/lobby was quite nice with the castle down the street.
As for the hotel, we arrived after 11pm and the guy at the front desk was rather abrupt and getting any answers out of him was like pulling teeth. But the woman at the desk in the morning was helpful and friendly.
Location was good for us as we just needed somewhere to spend the night after a late flight arrival and before taking the ferry to Sorrento in the morning. It's about a 15min walk to the port (hotel told us 5min, which might be the case without luggage and if you don't have to pause to look at street signs), and if you don't buy your ferry tickets online then the queue can be rather long, so leave time for that.
I would stay here again if we just needed a good value place to crash for the night before continuing on toward Amalfi Coast. And make sure to take note of the other reviews that describe the plaque on the wall outside and the 3rd floor lobby - that was key to know about ahead of time.

Room Tip: We were room 306 I think, which was about 10 steps away from the front desk. It got noisy though whe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends