“Lunch visit”

Cuisines: European, Italian, Mediterranean, Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2019

5 of us had lunch in this friendly, cosy, pizzeria on January 4th. there is a great selection of pizzas and the pizza was delicious easily the best we had all trip. We were the only foreigners in the restaurant, it was obviously a favourite with the locals which is a good sign. The service was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Visited this place because most of the places were closed today (on Sunday). I was dying to have Octopus salad (Polipo all’insalata) & this place had good reviews. After I arrived I asked for a table for one.. was told by uninterested rude waiter to sit outside even though more than half of the tables were empty however I didn’t mind. ordered my octopus & a glass of red wine.. served quickly but the salad was pretty hard to find on my plate, the food was tasteless, nobody bothered to ask me if I wanted more wine etc. Went to pay and to my surprise my glass of wine which normally cost €1,50-€3 in Naples was for €4 plus they added the usual tip €1. Jesus pasta costs there as low as €5!! I bet you that’s horrible one. The bill was €12.. if I knew what awful service & food & expensive was getting I would have gone to a trattoria or ristorante near my B&B where I would get a classy service/food/wine and would have paid a couple of € extra for something more worthy!!! I do not recommend this to anyone!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 18, 2018

Almost tripped over this place while enroute to the San Gennaro Catacombs. I'm glad we did as one mission we gave ourselves was to find the best pizza in Naples. Of course, the best pizza in Italy can only be found in Naples. We went always to the most out of the way pizzerias which is where you find the pizzas that the natives enjoy. On a scale of 1 being horrible (like the best American pizza) and a 10 being beyone description we found four places that rated a 10. This place is one of the four. If you go to Naples do yourself a big favor and take the Metro (subway) to the Cavour exit and you will find this place one block away on Via Fuori Porta San Gennaro. Get the capricciosa pizza. It is beyone description.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018

Unless you like gambling, skip this place. Lots of great reviews for this place here but I'm having trouble understanding how they happen. Anyhow, hostess was ignorant, or to put is simply, just flat out rude. They messed up the order (prosciutto margherita), forgot to put prosciutto on it, when we complained they just slapped ham on it (can't call that prosciutto at all). They charged us for it after we said it was no good, and hostess acknowledged that, but proceeded to put it on our bill.

I hope they go out of business soon, they definitely don't deserve your business.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Marko V
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Incredible pasta and friendly service. My friend and I shared an appetiser and each had a €5 pasta plate. The owner even gave us complementary beignets. Delicious!

Date of visit: September 2018