“Billing Issues - they are threatening me!”

The Fresh Glamour Accommodation
Ranked #90 of 186 Hotels in Naples
London
“Billing Issues - they are threatening me!”
Reviewed November 22, 2008

I would have loved to stay at Hotel Donnalbina. I had heard good things about the B&B; good value for the money, etc.

I booked a room for a stay in mid October. At the time, my husband was not able to attend the trip, so I booked a single. A few weeks later, his schedule cleared so I called the hotel and no one answered. Since I couldn't get them on the phone, I e-mailed on the 29th of September and asked them to please let me know if I could switch to a double. I didn't get a response for 6 days, so on the 5th of October, I called, and again, no answer. So I emailed again, twice. This time I explicitly stated that I needed conformation of either a double room, or confirmation of cancellation of the room. Still nothing. At this point, having done my due diligence, I didn't think about it again, went on my trip, stayed in another hotel, and returned home. A few weeks later, I got my credit card bill, and sure enough Hotel Donnalbina has billed me for 1 night.

Now, 6 emails later (where I have forwarded them proof of my cancellation), they refuse to refund the money to my credit card, saying their system doesn't allow refunds! They also state that I never forwarded them the cancellation requests, however I tagged the emails to send me a notice when they read them.

They are threatening to take legal action against me for sending them refund requests.... Be careful - I don't know anything about the quality of the hotel, but I can say that the service and billing is a mess.

***note, I did not stay at this hotel, but the only way I can post anything is by listing a date of stay***

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Jenipod
Donnalbina7, owner at The Fresh Glamour Accommodation, responded to this review, December 4, 2008
Referring to the note left by the client JENIPOD from London on November the 22nd,

I'm forced to write on this virtual wall that until today gave us more than satisfying reviews.

Unfortunately sometimes unpleasant things can happen on the web despite the super-advanced tools of this kind of communication.
This is not only an apology of our service but a try of proving that some trick can be done with e-mail messages .

First of all I'd like to say that all the e-mails that we receive are daily registered by our server and I can declare that we never received from this client cancellation e-mails. We don't have any email sent to cancel the reservation at our Bed and Breakfast. When we asked the client to forward the cancellation e-mail(s) that's what we received, a collage of e-mails that doesn't seem to be a normal forward . The client also says that she called twice or more and nobody answered the phone: we are here from 7 a.m. to p.m. everyday and we clearly say on our web site the opening time, so I wonder when the client could have called (6 a.m.? - 10 p.m.?)

We only object this: we think the client is not telling the truth; it's not a matter of money because we've written two times to Jenipod to ask for her address in order to send a cheque to refund what we've charged (we can't directly refund from our Pos), leaving the judging to the people who will see the patchwork we received instaed of real forwarded e-mail, and the reason why we want to refund is that we live this simply as a blackmail.

We are always very honest and the people that stayed at Donnalbina7 will surely read this as a shock.

Greetings from the people who proudly make Donnalbina7 : we are on eleven international touristic guides, we're proud of our work.

Enrico Sanseverino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Netherlands
Reviewed November 1, 2008

We stayed here in October 2008 for two nights arriving by car.

The contact for reserving the room was quick and very cordial.

We parked at the garage indicated by the Hotel, this was a bit further away than expected (10 mins walk) so it is a good idea to drop your luggage at the Hotel first.

It is located on the first floor of a residential building and we were welcomed at the door. The staff is very attentive and give a lot of tips etc. It is not quite a hotel but a lot more luxurious than I would expect from a B&B.

The room was very clean and comfortable, in the lobby there is free internet use. Breakfast is served in your room when you request it (you have to indicat this the evening before).

It is about a 5 - 10 min walk from the historic centre. In the evening the direct area was not very pleasant, but we never felt unsafe.

Overall a pleasant stay with a very good price/quality relationship (75 EUR per night).

• Liked — Great breakfast in room
  • Disliked — Location gets a bit dodgy in the evening
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
washington
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We had a great time - it was our first time in Naples - and Enrico the host was simply great in giving us tips and suggesting places to see and great places to eat. Rooms are large, clean and stylish modern. Breakfast waited in your room was a luxury. Free wi-fi and internet point.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
aarhus
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Two friends and I stayed at Donnalbina7 for five nights and decided that it was our favorite accommodations for our entire vacation. Adriana the host was friendly and full of tips. The rooms are large, modern stylish with air conditioning, wi-fi free and breakfast waited in your room all inclusive. I'm sure we'll come back.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
seattle
Reviewed June 27, 2008

This bed and breakfast is a modern and tidy enviroment where to spend a pleasant stay. In the very center of the city, it offers a clean atmosphere and a neat space to rest one's mind after a day out of sightseeing or a tiring business meeting. Breakfast is wonderfully tasty (Italian Pastry!), and your host is a know-all person about naples and its surroundings. The web site itself is a complete travel guide to Naples. Surfing the Donnalbina7 web site before going to sleep from your laptop while in your room lets you decide what to do the morning after. No noise from the street, and comfort all the time. Top notch room design, too!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank susiemcseattle
istanbul
Reviewed April 17, 2007

We had a very good stay here: the service was friendly, helpful and efficient (thanks Adrıana!) , the rooms clean and sılent. The breakfast ıs served ın your room: we really apprecıated the sfoglıatella, a tıpıcal dessert here. There ıs also a free ınternet poınt. A great base to explore this amazing city, also because thıs b&b ıs ın the perfect centre of Naples.
Very good value for money, we hıghly recommend.

• Liked — Location and breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank armand07
Seattle
Reviewed November 26, 2006

Naples is a chaotic, frenetic city. You take your life into your hands simply by crossing the street. The subway reminds you of Manhattan in the 1980s. The Donnalbina 7 is a nice refuge from the chaos just outside the door.

The rooms are decorated in modern style and are very clean. Our room was situated away from the main street, so it was rather quiet. The doors to the rooms and the B&B entrance are quite secure. The rooms come with a safe for storage of personal valuables (ie passports, etc) so you need not carry them on your person when sightseeing. I recommend making use of the safe. The bathroom is modern and well equipped (includes bidet). Our room had a little balcony. Breakfast is served in the rooms. There is a computer with internet access in the common area available to the guests. The rooms and common areas are decorated with interesting paintings from a local artist (Salvatore Bossone).

The location is good: walking distance to main shopping districts, subway stations, Spanish quarter, and some of the sights. It's a short taxi-ride to the central train station.

It's hard to believe that ANYWHERE in Naples will be calm and tranquil. You have to expect some noise and chaos if you stay anywhere near the city center. The Donnalbina 7, however, is a nice refuge from the worst of it.

For the price, it's a very good value.

• Liked — modern decor
  • Disliked — little direct sunlight
  • Tips/Secrets — watch your wallet on the subway and on the circumvesuviano train
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple