“Good value for money”

Ranked #482 of 683 Naples B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“Good value for money”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

It's a really good value for money! Stayed there one night, the room was very-very spacious, clean and nice! It is 5 min walking from Napoli Centrale station, but it's not noisy! Breakfast was ok, but there wasn't breakfast room. But I think it's not important, Italy is full of restaurants! btw, there was a restaurant not far from the hotel, the prices were extremely cheap!!!
Would recommend this hotel for those who has a short stay and who don't care about location. It's not about a hotel, but about the area.If you want to see beautiful places but not rubbish everywhere and disgusting smell, would advice to choose a hotel next to Castel Dell'Ovo.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2010

For a cheap place very close to the train station, this isn't a terrible choice. But the area around the train station is disgusting. Our room was loud and outside the window were piles and piles of trash. The room itself was large but a little smoky and moldy. The breakfast was nil, although the woman at the front desk was very helpful. All in all, unless you must, don't stay near the station.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2006

Napoli itself has to be the worst place I have been to. The b&b was ok. The man there was helpful to a degree, but we were not impressed when promised that we would be able to watch the Australia v Italy game on the statelite TV and then that channel stops an hour before the game. The room iteself was a great size, definately big enough for the two of us. The shower was a bit dodgy though, all mouldy and the door had to be forced open and I was too scared to shut it when I showered in case I got trapped in there. Breakfast was ok. Make sure you take note of the phone numbers because you have to call to get in when you first arrive.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank Cass and Age
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 1, 2005

This place is a little jewel very close to the Naples train station (Centrale). The rooms (we had two) were absolutely clean and charming. Breakfast is delivered to your room in the morning anytime between 8AM and 10AM.

Directions are not easy to come by - but when you leave the main exit of the train station and end up in the plaza (which is under construction currently for a new subway line), go to the far right corner of the plaza. The building has a sign on the front and the side for the hotel. When you get into the building, walk across the courtyard to the far left corner and if you take the elevator, you have to pay 5 cents to get it to move. Otherwise it is just two flights up. Don't be turned off by the outside or the courtyard. It is a world of difference once you get inside.

Although I don't necessarily agree that this place is for the adventureous traveler only - all of Naples can unnerve people with the chaos and filth. We stayed here because we wanted to be close to the train station to do some day trips (like Pompeii).

• Stayed November 2005
5 Thank Chicago Flyer
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2005

Hotel and owner gave me a distinctly dodgy feeling. I spent my final night elsewhere.

I had been in email contact with the owner about 2 weeks before my arrival. We had discussed the following details (When I got home I reviewed the emails I sent to be sure of this):
- We were arriving in Naples on the 8:30pm train.
- We were staying 3 nights (I paid a deposit)
- He wanted a credit card to confirm the reservation

The train was late and we arrived at the hotel at 9pm to discover the building dark and locked. No response at the doorbell. The phones in the Piazza Garibaldi only accept phone cards (which I didn't have and couldn't buy at this hour)

The concierge at Hotel Cavour very kindly let me use the phone. However, the phone number emailed by the booking agency was not connected.

I walked around the square looking for somewhere else to stay. 6 hotels - none with vacancies.

Eventually I found another phone number on the Napoli Centrale web site and got through to the hotel owner - who was friendly enough but claimed I had said I'd be there by 8.

Positives:
- The room was large, clean and beautiful
- The bed was comfortable
- The staff were friendly, although only the owner spoke any English
- The hotel was close to the train station
- Breakfast coffee was very good

Negatives:
- He claimed that he couldn't find the 3rd night's booking and that he had no room for me on the final night. He offered to move me to another hotel he owns very close by - although he wouldn't give me details of the hotel. I had paid a deposit for all 3 nights and had confirmation emails for all.
- The owner demanded cash up front for the first 2 nights - no credit card.
- Plumbing was very noisy.
- Street noises very loud in the room.
- Breakfast choice was limited to a single overly sweet croissant or a bread roll.

• Stayed September 2005
10 Thank slipstar

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 24, 2005

We spent one night in this hotel in August 2005, for €90 (off-season for the city). As we were travelling by train the location was very convenient, although this is not the nicest part of the city. Once inside the hotel it is a real oasis. Spacious rooms and beautifully decorated in classical Italian style, with a very friendly receptionist. Highly recommended, especially for those travelling by train who need to be in that part of the city.

Stayed August 2005
6 Thank SavvyTravellerDublin
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2004

We arrived here on October 4th 2004, thanks to an earlier review on tripadvisor.com, and can thoroughly recommend the hotel. Find it on a corner of Piazza Garibaldi at the opposite end from the train station. Enter through a gateway into a small courtyard, then up two flights of stairs, passing offices on the way, and suddenly this wonderful, bright, bed and breakfast appears. Our room was fitted to a very high standard with en-suite bathroom and satellite TV. As is usually the case with hotels in Italy no tea or coffee making equipment is available, so a travel kettle is handy to have along. Breakfast was served in our room when ever required and the reception staff were most friendly and helpful. We stayed 4 nights and the cost was 90 Euros per night for two of us.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member