“Fantastic food and atmosphere ”
Review of Scusate Il Ritardo

Scusate Il Ritardo
Ranked #846 of 3,642 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I havevto reiterate what has already been mentioned about the fantastic welcome one receives in this restaurant. I was made to feel as if I'd been a regular patron with lots of attention on ensuring I enjoyed my meal. The mix platter starter was superb as was my amazing seafood pizza. My compliments to Salvio and his team and I can't wait to come back again.....and again!!

Date of visit: August 2017
Write a reviewReviews (115)

Reviewed November 28, 2014

As we walked in they gave us a mimosa on the house. Good start, then as we are not very good with Italian the waiter was very nervous trying to take our order. I loved this as I knew it would be more local. So the Owner came out and gave us some recommendations and we gladly accepted. All food was good and we shared the huge salad and the veal dish veal was rare but very good my first time with veal.
Then we had the lemoncello drink slushy very good.
The desert was a homemade chocolate torte like absolutely the most delicious concoction I have ever had. We usually share a bite at a time but my wife kept taking bites and it was gone so I ordered another one just for me. We felt like family there even though language was issue could not ask for a better place. Then I wished we stayed another night just to go back but we had to move on. I will go back if I am ever near there again.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed September 25, 2014

I was recommended this establishment by the owner of the B&B I was staying at locally. Upon my arrival, I was treated as a friend and a valued customer. The owner spent time with me ensuring I was happy with what I had ordered. I was taking the food away to eat at the B&B, so whilst I was waiting I was taken to a table to sit down and given a courtesy drink whilst I waited. When my food was ready, I paid and was suprised at the great value. I had a large Pizza, chips and a large bottle of coke for the price of what a single pizza would be in the UK. The owner even offered to drive me back to the B&B but I was happy to walk and take in the sights.
The following night I had food from here again as I was so pleased the first time.
Great service, great food, great value.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed September 24, 2014

Recommended by the owner of the bed and breakfast I was staying at. Good quality food at a reasonable price. The waiters were very patient with my very limited Italian!

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at a nearby bed and breakfast where the operator suggested this restaurant. At first I was a little nervous as it was located down an odd looking alley, but all my fears were soon put to rest. When I walked in I was quickly greeted and seated the owner came out as well and even showed me the different seafood available that day. I mostly followed their suggestions and everything was excellent. The appetizer was delicious, for a maincourse I had the seafood pasta which was fresh and tasted wonderful (see the picture). I had worried staying on the outskirts of Naples (closer to Vesuvius) that I might have problems, but this meal had me turned around on this issue. I ate their a second time on the trip and also had a pizza delivered one night that I got in late - also really good.

Date of visit: August 2013