“Naples for the first time”

Relais Sul Mare - Boutique B&B in Naples
Ranked #195 of 619 Naples B&B and Inns
Inverell
“Naples for the first time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived by train in Naples and were pleasantly surprised by our taxi ride to this hotel, where he thankfully helped us to get into the hotel, as it was a Saturday and closed up. Our room was perfect for our stay, however next time we would select one with a balcony. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was just what we wanted - simple and tasty.

Room Tip: Choose one with the balconies overlooking Bay of Naples
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Moscow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed in the hotel 2 nights in May 2013. We had Deluxe double room (105). The hotel is located close to Port, and faced to riverside. The window view is very attractive but the disadvantage from that it that the noise from the street passes through your room so if you are sensitive sleeper you should shoose anothre hotel.

The breakfest is so poor, I haven't met such poor breakfest in the hotels with price per night mote than 100 EURO.
The reception is working from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., no night staff.
Don't recommend to stay there.

Room Tip: I would advise to look for another hotel for such money.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked this hotel for three nights (they now use WuBook) for a government business trip. As such, I reserved it with a government issued credit card.

I had to cancel the trip the same evening due to changes and received cancellation notices from WuBook (I never received ANY communication from the hotel).

I subsequently went back to the States on emergency leave a week later and upon my return had a credit card statement of over $7,200 USD in charges from Hotel Relais sul Mare.

I emailed WuBook who curiously does not have a phone number on their web site amd received a weak response re: "we only do booking...."

I have received NO response from Hotel Relais sul Mare.

Upon calling the card company they informed me the was my LAST statement and that the charges we currently over $14,000 USD!! I kid you not. I think they have renovated their entire hotel on U.S. government funds.

Thankfully, my card company appeared downright giddy to be able to do their job by going on the attack in my defense. Good luck Relais sul Mare.

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER do business with "Hotel" Relais sul Mare or WuBook. Fraud, fraud, fraud...

Stayed January 2013
11 Thank electricwindowpane

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

They kept charging my credit card, too, afterwards. Total 1500euros for one night. I had to cancel my visa card, too. The visa company is making them responsible for fraudulent actions.

Venere did the booking, I contacted them but they were not that interested.
Hotel is in a apartment oj 2nd floor, it's B&B, not really a hotel, hard to find.

Room Tip: Hotel Rex next door seemed ok.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ami E
Europe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed one night worth less than hundred euros and currently they've charged over 1200€ on my credit card. Our experience has been very much alike the review below. I cancelled my credit card as soon as I noticed this but until that they took 1200€ as fraudulent transactions.

We made the booking via a booking site (venere.com). When contacting them they just said that we must solve this with the hotel and they can't really do anything else but try to contact the hotel and ask them to pay the money back.

I have been in contact with the hotel and they either act as if they don't know what I'm talking about / say they pay the money back / say it's been a mistake of HTML (whatever that means..). I asked for the managers name and number but the number is not valid.

We're still resolving the issue.

If you still want to stay there and plan on paying cash, you might want to reconsider.

When we first arrived there they said they are overbooked and will transfer us to another hotel they own. I told them it was out of the question because we booked a room at this B&B because of the location and will not stay all the way far out at Vomero. After a while the employee (anamaria) gave the room to us, after all. All in all, they did have a room there, they just wanted to give it to someone who has paid more. If you sell rooms for a discount price, you better not change your mind like that and try to transfer the people to a cheaper place.

Internet was not working and we weren't even mentioned breakfast. We stayed at standard double room and were shown the suite and double delux rooms, also. I wouldn't recommend any of the rooms because even though the view is nice, it's really not worth the money because all you pay for is the view and seriously nothing else.

As a side note I also want to mention that one of the rooms they showed us was actually occupied but the people weren't there at that moment - but their things and everything was. Anamaria actually invited us inside the room! Don't expect that they'll respect your privacy there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Kristiina83
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently stay here for our honeymoon and we wish we never did. We were promised free Wi-Fi which we never received as the internet service was broken. We were advised on the day of check in that it would be fixed by 5pm. By 6pm we went back to reception to follow up and was advised that it would now be 5pm the following day. This continued and after the 5th day we began to wonder if Relais Sul Mare even had Wi-Fi or it was simply listed on the website to attract customers. The lady at repetition just told us to use the Wi-Fi from the restaurant (Penelope) downstairs. Of Couse this meant we had to buy Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner from Penelope if we wanted internet access. We needed the internet to book tours and the accomdation for the rest of our holiday and this really ruined our trip.
As for the breakfast, we were advised that it would be served (buffet style) in the reception between 7am and 10am. Though if you got there at 9.30am there would be no breakfast left.
Upon check in we asked if we could have bath towels as there were none in our rooms. We were advised that they don’t have any. Somehow on our third day of room service we received bath towels.
The bathroom amenities will not be replaced and some days you will have your bath mats, hand towels taken by housekeeping but not replaced.
As for toilet paper, they will not replace this either, however they will take away the empty rolls. The bathroom tap was leaving which left the bathroom floor soaked.
Bedding is terrible and the one pillow per person you get is so thin that we actually used our clothes a pillows.
The in room safe, well let’s just say it’s safer to keep your money and passports on you at all times.
What made our experience even worse was when we went to check out. The lady at reception asked us to pay for the hotel even though we had already paid online prior to check-in (we used the hotel website to book). I showed her proof of booking, even went online (using downstairs internet of course) and showed her the transaction on my credit card statement.
We then left only to return back to Australia to find out that Relais Sul Mare had processed 5 days room charge again. When I emailed them to complain (I even put ‘read receipts’) I received no response, instead Relais Sul Mare has since fraudulently charged my credit card another $800 on top two sets of room charges ($520 EUR each). I have since cancelled my card and lodged a dispute with my bank. It appears that an employee at Relais Sul Mare is storing and using card details to make the hotel more money. The problem for Relais Sul Mare is that they are making unauthorised transactions in their own hotels name.
If you plan on staying here, I highly recommend you think again. While the picture makes the rooms look fantastic, in real they are not. Plus if you do not speak Italian then don’t even bother as the staff will not understand you if you only speak English

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple