See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2018

My impression was that the staff were doing the absolute minimum they could. i.e. no lift, carry your own bags. Indifferent greeting that seems to sum up the place. Breakfast staff avoided contact unless approached for something. No greeting, no smlies. Breakfast was at best, minimal. Would suggest 3 star days have passed it by.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Pros- walk to hotel from station, cheap
Cons- no wifi in room, bed not comfortable, no elevator.
I chose this hotel in a hurry booking online
I should have taken more care as there are other hotels in this area that have better reviews.
Luckily only one night stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2016

Hotel is very conveniently located across from the train station. It does not have an elevator, so you need to carry your luggage. The beds are very uncomfortable. I would say that roll-away beds at Super 8 are more comfortable. The breakfast is very limited, again Super 8 breakfast is much-much better.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2016

The best thing about Potenza is the location to the main train station. I took a 4 Euro Alibus from the airport to the station and walked to the hotel. My room was clean, but did lack amenities like an iron and mini bar, but I wouldn't expect those things for the low price of the hotel. The breakfast was okay, its exactly the same every day, a plate of ham and cheese, croissants, and maybe yogurt and cereal (I didn't eat the last two items, but I think I remember seeing them).
I don't have any complaints about this place, you get what you pay for. Its very close to restaurants and shopping.
Be forewarned that it is a walk up, so pack light.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank PSWPharmD
Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

Our visit to the Hotel Potenza was a positive experience. Two friends and I stayed in a triple room which set us back €25 a man included all taxes. A very fair price for what the hotel offers.

The hotel is very well located for the main train station, but a good 40 minute walk from Naples' most lively and pleasant area around castel dell'ovo. We didn't mind the walk however as it gives you a chance to see castel nuovo and the royal palace of Naples.

The room was spacious, light and comfortable and so was the bathroom. The shower was the best I'd had in my week in Italy staying at a few 3* hotels. However I didn't feel the bed was very comfortable.

The breakfast options weren't great, one choice of cereal, yogurt, a few different pastries, bread, cheese and ham, but it was only slightly worse in comparison to most other 3* Italian hotels. What I did enjoy was a hotel employee making hot drinks, such as caffe latte and cappuccino to order as opposed to the awful filter coffee we'd suffered in most hotels up until that point.

Overall a good choice for the price.

Date of stay: March 2016