This is actually the third time we've stayed at the Costantinopoli. The first couple of times werre more that 6 years ago. Those stays were wonderful (one was for a standard room, and the second was a suite) and both rooms were perfect in their category then. In particular, the suite was magnificent - on two levels, with a wonderful view over the street, and wonderful decor. The breakfast then was abundant and perfect - fresh orange juice, pastries, mozarella, parma ham and breads and cereals.
So, going on a good memory, we wanted to book again for a two-day stay in Naples.
We came away a little disappointed. The outside of the place, with its stained glass and swimming pool, was as remembered. But our standard room (room 107) showed signs of a lack of maintenance : chipped paint, cracked toilet seat, a carelessly-concreted patch in the ceiling over the bath, scrape marks on the floor. The breakfast had also deteriorated : it was more an average B&B standard this time : synthetic cordial to drink (no orange juice), some bread, cheese, cereal, spreads. The dining room is also showing signs of being unmaintained : chips in the paint, lines where the chair backs have contacted the walls.
Service standards have dropped too. The waiter in the morning (on both mornings) was brusque and seemed solely concerned in getting us out of the dining room as quickly as possible, front desk was just OK, but very cool and offish.
It's really a pity, as this has the potential (as we saw before) to be a really superlative hotel. I don't know if there has been a change of management, or whether these things are just the result of the financial crisis - but please go back to how it was before!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costantinopoli 104 is an elegant homely hotel located in the historical centre of Naples, an ideal place for visitors who want to stay in a suggestive and comfortable setting.The building containing the hotel is in neoclassical style, coming from the last decades of the nineteenth century. An enormous Liberty style multicoloured stained glass window dominates the main facade of the building, which overlooks the garden of the hotel. The internal spaces are tastefully furnished provided with every comfort. All our rooms and suites feature air conditioning, minibar, satellite tv, telephone, safe box, adsl connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Costantinopoli 104 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costantinopoli 104 Naples
- Costantinopoli 104 Hotel Naples