Bottom line: I’d stay here again should I be in Naples again as a tourist.
The good: As others have said, this is a nice oasis. A beautiful locale, tucked away off the street. The garden is tremendous. The pool is refreshing. Breakfast and evening drinks on the terrace a delight. And the neighborhood is a fun one to explore, central to many tourist locations. Several great dining options in the immediate vicinity for all types of styles. Don’t miss out on the complete entertainment package… Be sure to take a taxi ride here during the busy weekday. It’s better than a roller coaster ride at Disneyworld, complete with a short bit the wrong way down a one-way street. Lots of honking and squeezing by. WiFi service is excellent and free. We stayed in a junior suite, meaning bed/bath in an upstairs loft, sitting area below. It felt spacious.
The bad: Service is … well, always with a smile, even if without consequence. Hot water was out on two of the six days we were here. It came back later each of those days. AC was limited. When we inquired about it not working, there was a good bit of theater to demonstrate concern, acknowledgement that it must be broken and would be fixed in a few days, and an offer to switch rooms. But we learned that the AC was no better in the other rooms, and all of this falderal was just to mollify us. The AC was set at the maximum it was going to be set at. Don’t accept any guidance on restaurants – we were steered away from our own selection and to what turned out to be a disastrous alternative that I can only imagine was owned my the management’s brother. The written directions for the laundry have a line for “silk shirt”, but the staff immediately forswore the possibility of any cleaning of silk shirts. The timing on laundry required negotiation, and we were able to get the number of days down to close to what was offered on the directions. On our last day, the hotel manager was hosting an evening party. The preparations during the day and party that night blocked our access to the common areas. The bathroom is more spacious than the typical tourist hotel in Italy. A full bath + shower. But no one with any infirmity should try it. The bath is set inside a large base which requires either awkwardly stepping up and down or awkwardly stepping over wet marble to get it. Placement of hand holds is poor and I was always a bit anxious about an accident. It all works out for a tourist hotel. Definitely not a business hotel. If I had business in Naples I’d search out something else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costantinopoli 104 is an elegant homely hotel located in the historical centre of Naples, an ideal place for visitors who want to stay in a suggestive and comfortable setting.The building containing the hotel is in neoclassical style, coming from the last decades of the nineteenth century. An enormous Liberty style multicoloured stained glass window dominates the main facade of the building, which overlooks the garden of the hotel. The internal spaces are tastefully furnished provided with every comfort. All our rooms and suites feature air conditioning, minibar, satellite tv, telephone, safe box, adsl connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Costantinopoli 104 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costantinopoli 104 Naples
- Costantinopoli 104 Hotel Naples