“Great hotel, great staff, good location”

Chiaja Hotel de Charme
Ranked #22 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Great hotel, great staff, good location”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in Oct 2012. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We were in the room right next to the reception area and could hear people in the corridor but it was not a problem. The staff were attentive to everything and so helpful. My wife has a dairy free and gluten free diet and they bought in things for breakfast and also booked us a great restaurant that they knew would be able to meet our dietary needs. They also recommended and booked a fantastic b&b down in Positano for the next few days of our travels!
The atmosphere was great, rooms good and breakfast good too. Location was also great and I'd recommend this hotel for sure.
Liza at reception was fantastic!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
dublin
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Located in a quiet courtyard, most rooms provide solace from the city noise. A comfortable hotel for the cautious traveller as the hotel is located in one of the up market areas of the city and so pretty safe. Staff are pleasant. Breakfasts are good except for the latte which was barely warm, the americano was somewhat better.,You need to know the street number of this hotel as it does not advertise itself very well and it is easy to miss.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed for 6 nights and found this hotel very nic with friendy staff and nice interior. My room was quiet too although the street was busy in the moorning. The location is perfect, close to some very good restaurants such as the pizzeria Brandi. Everything worked fine; I got my laundry washed and ironed the next day. The breakfast was a bit scarce, yogurth&fruits, bread and cheese spread, juice and, of course, good coffee. This did not bother me too much as I don't want to eat much in the morning. The speed of the WLAN would need an increase, however, as I was on a business trip. The overall feeling is that I would gladly come back to this athmospheric hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was a very Italian experience in this bustling city of my Grandfather. We stayed two nights as part of a Rick Steves tour. The location was perfect, walking distance to harbor, funicular, shops and restaurants and a little further to other city sights like the Archeological Museum. Our room was nice and I was happy for the air conditioner, bathroom small but functional. The staff were kind and helpful.

Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here two nights as part of a Rick Steves' tour. It was in a fabulous location close to walk safely everywhere. I also felt safe walking at night in the immediate area as there were always a lot of people around. It is a busy, chaotic, interesting neighborhood with much to explore in the streets around the hotel and lots of places to eat, find fruit and pastries and watch people. My room was spacious and clean. It was on the courtyard so it was quiet. The staff at the desk was friendly. The employee manning the breakfast area didn't smile much except I did see him quietly chucking one evening with the rest of us over some funny incidents. I recomment this hotel and also recommend Naples--I had a wonderful visit there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Atlantic Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed three nights, upon arriving, we could not get our room cool and did not sleep much. I had to open the window for relief and our room backed up to the office window so the phone and fax machine kept us up the first night. My husband spoke with the person at the desk and our a/c worked GREAT for the remainder of our stay. The room was large, the bathroom completely remodeled and clean. If you are staying here because breakfast is included, don't! The gentlemen in the breakfast room was the same each day. Refused when I asked for water (even tap water) Ignored me when I asked for a second cup of americano. There is a very nice coffee shop a short walk away. Overall I would stay again, we got our monies worth!

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights and had a mixed experience. The room the first night was disappointing and we complained. The hotel responded well and moved us to a better room for the remaining nights. Breakfast was a shambles some days with food not replenished or tables cleared. If you arrived later in the allocated breakfast period the tables were uncleared with no plates or cutlery - people simply gave up and went elsewhere. We were offered dirty cutlery - some staff training and supervision is needed in this hotel. On the other hand the hotel put on free cakes every evening.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple