“Santiago and Yellowsudmarine Tours are outstanding!”
Review of YellowSudMarine

YellowSudMarine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing - O. WildeYellowSudmarine is an association of licensed tourist guides that works on tourist projects aiming at enhancing the natural, human and cultural resources of Campania Region, for a widespread social and sustainable development in terms of human dignity and natural resources exploitation. YellowSudmarine is a wandering lab of ideas and experiences. We project new itineraries and carry out guided tours on well known sites as much as on less beaten ones. We propose special activities for schools and organize and support art and cultural events on our region traditions. The idea comes from our cultural DNA: the love for our motherland and the effort to be responsible inhabitants where we often feel the need to stand for its defence. As tourist guides we want to show you our land in its pure reality, the way it is and make it understandable in its entirety as in a painting with lights and darks. We know we have such diamonds so lights will prevail always despite the big challenge. Our logo already states clearly the attributes we love, the yellow of the sun, the deep blue of the sea and the South, that recalls in this context the South of Mediterranean, the nest of so many civilizations including the western one. We are in the South of Italy, we belong to this wider South, this melting pot of cultures where we share food, music, architecture and much more as concentric circles. As a submarine we’ll cruise deep in the past and present history of places and peoples; with the help of our expertise and the typical warmth of Southern Italy hospitality we support you to make your travelling here light and fun, comfortable and exciting to satisfy your curiosities and needs.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Santiago and Yellowsudmarine Tours are outstanding!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

As professors with a university program based in Rome, we have been consistently impressed and delighted by the professionalism and expertise of Santiago and the services of the Yellow Sudmarine Tour company. Santiago guides Pompeii like a pro. He is intelligent, patient and cheerful. His commentary for city walking tours of Naples is equally excellent and his explanation of the symbolism of the Capella Sansevero is superb. His love and enthusiasm for Naples, its history and environs are infectious. It is a pleasure to recommend him most highly.

Visited June 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Santiago guided us in Napoli Center and at Pompei”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I, traveling with firiends, had the opportunity to learn from Santiago for almost two days, in Napoli Center and at Pompeii, during the last week of December. From beginning to end, Santiago was the most informed, helpful, intelligent, and personally interesting guide I have experienced during my travels around the world for more than 50 years. He gave us an extradordinary historical overview during our day in Napoli central, ranging from the history of Tomas Aquino to the troubles of modern Italy as acted out in the Piazza San Domenico Maggiore. while we sat in the Piazza enjoying a coffee, Wherever we went, it was clear that Santiago knew and was admired by the local guards and ticket vendors. His easygoing but informed manner was also thoroughly in evidence at Pompeii, where he guided us through the major sites with both knowledge and efficiency.
I could elaborate further, but it's enough to say that Santiago is a terrific guide. I commend him to any one who wants informed, charming guidance in Italian, English, or Spanish.
Gordon Bermant and Geri Lincoln
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Visited December 2013
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Full Day: Pompeii, Herculaneum, Oplontis”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Valentina was my guide on a full day tour. She is excellent: intelligent, knowledgeable, personable. Most importantly she knows these places and respects them. She is accommodating to the order of the visits and agenda for the day. But, frankly, I relied on her to set the itinerary for the day. All three sites are incredible.

One of them - the Villa Poppaea in Oplontis - I didn't know about before hand. I added that to my list at Valentina's suggestion and I'm so glad I did. It was a perfect day and I recommend Valentina and YellowSudmarine highly.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cassiusw90s
Boston, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent guide for Pompei and historic center Naples”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We used Santiago for a great tour of the historic center of Naples. He happily led us through
Santa Chiara, Gesu, Nuovo, San Lorenzo Maggiore and Cappella Sanservo, in the rain!
He provided incite into what we were seeing, answered questions and showed us some of
the local flavor of Naples. The next day we went on a tour of Pompei (in the sunshine!).
This time, he volunteered to meet us at the hotel and use public transportation (bus and
train) to get to Pompeii, even though we originally supposed to meet him at Pompeii.
On the train, he advised us on what to do in the afternoon - pizza plus walk around the port area, as well as how to get from the train station to the port area by bus.
By the way, I can not imagine making my way through Pompeii without a guide.
Great job!

Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour that touches your heart and inspires your spirit”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My partner and I experienced the tour of Pompeii and Naples. I've traveled a lot in my life and experienced many good tour guides, but the tour with Santiago tops them all. We were short on time and wanted to see as much as we could without feeling exhausted or overwhelmed. This tour gave us just that. For the half day that we saw Naples, it was planned so well, that it felt like we experienced a week in the city, but magically felt even more energized at the end of the tour.
But what made this tour so unforgettable was that it was not only about sharing historical information, but we felt uplifted and inspired by Santiago's vibrant energy and passion for people and life. He made history and architecture come alive, feel relevant. I got the feeling of the places we visited, not only with my mind but with my heart. Thank you so much!

Visited August 2013