“Surprisingly good”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Porto
Reviewed January 15, 2019

We stopped by for dinner because we needed a change from pizza and pasta. To our surprise this was some of the best Chinese food that we've eaten in continental Europe. They used chilli and real Sichuan pepper and did not add sugar to the sauces in the dishes that we selected. The food was very tasty and the prices were very reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed December 6, 2018

Now, before I start, there is a 1% chance this is not the shop I went to, in that case, its that shop which this review is for. However, the plates are the same and the location and exterior looks right. When I had gone there it was one of the few places open as it was Christmas but our tour leader knew the owner and they were able to squeeze out space for us (since they were packed with Chinese/Asian Tour groups that day).

It tasted delicious! All of the dishes we were served were great and even the vegetables, a dish which we usually had leftovers from (we were in a tour group so the portions were huge) was cleared. It was very obvious the stir-frying was done very well and we could taste the smell of the wok in it, a feat which even in Asian countries known for their Wok fry dishes is rarely attained. Our whole tour group was in love with the food.

The only problem was the ambience because well, it was packed to the brim with tour groups when I went there and many of them left the room less than welcoming because of all the smoke and peanut shells on the floor. I had a dislike to the place at first but the food really turned the tables. Judging from the pictures and reviews this shouldn't be a problem on usual days.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Young lads served us an nice spicy duck and tofu. We enjoyed the food witch was flavoured with some Italian pomodori.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

During the day restaurant look like is closed down. No lights, nothing. The dining room is pretty and nice (but full of mosquitoes). You don't have to wait long for food and the price is okay. The dishes are average. I loved the English translation it made my day. Bathroom is a bit scary. The guy who works there is nice. It's okay if you want a break from Italian food.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

Most of the crew were searching for good place to eat, reasonable price and good wi-fi. Here you can find it all in one. Close to the cruise terminal in the city centre. I've been here from 2010 but just now I wrote a review. Love their Chicken Union and Ice Tea. Last time I spend around 15 Euros for 2 people and we are so satisfied.

Date of visit: December 2016