“A Trip to Pompeii and Herculaneum”

Tours of Naples with Salvo and his team
Book In Advance
More Info
$93.91*
and up
Jewish Ghetto and Navona Food Wine and Sightseeing Tour of Rome
Ranked #8 of 173 Tours in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Our team of professional licensed tour guides operates in this area since many years, with over 10 years of experience in the tourism, we offer a wide range of sevices;we take great care in catering for any tours needs and wants whatever the choice of itinerary. We combine in all our tours, fun, entertainment, history, culture and of course, passion.
Sydney, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A Trip to Pompeii and Herculaneum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My daughter and I experienced the most wonderful day with Ada this April exploring Pompeii and Herculaneum. Her knowledge about the sites was incredible but her passion made the day even more amazing than we could have hoped. Ada was the most warm hearted and considerate guide that we experienced during our whole month in Italy. She knew both sites so well that she could show us the most important areas and entertain us with her humour and knowledge. We will never forget the day we spent with Ada at pompeii and Herculaneum.

6 Thank Jules454

• Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum with Ada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Ever since I was a little girl and first heard the incredible and sad story of the ruins of Pompeii I have wanted to see it with my own eyes and experience it in the flesh. This recently came true when I traveled to Italy with my Mum and we decided to book a whole day private tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum. We did not regret this decision! Ada was an incredible tour guide who brought to life that fateful day in 79 A.D. with her vivid and heartfelt descriptions of the buildings and people of Pompeii and the lives they would have lived. Pompeii is a massive sight and there is much to see but Ada was able to select the most important and poignant sights, ruins and stories. The information that Ada presented created a sense of wonder, chills and brought tears to my eyes. If you have the time DON'T miss Herculaneum, a smaller but more intact sight that was buried by mud during the same eruption. There is no way that I would have taken away with me as much as I have by touring Pompeii and Herculaneum by myself. Ada was articulate, funny and energetic. Thank you again Ada for a wonderful experience that I will remember for the rest of my life!

6 Thank Myu T
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Visit to Pompeii and Herculanum with Ada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were just the two of us, spending 10 days in Naples and the Amalfi Coast. One of the best highlights of our time in this region was our day with Ada in Pompeii and Herculanum. How she brings it alive! You really understand how Romans lived, where they lived (and they had sumptuous houses, which Ada was able to describe to us in detail because they were open on the day we visited), shopped, entertained themselves and enjoyed life. Although we had read about these doomed cities before the trip, Ada captured the essence of its culture, history and destiny, during the wonderful hours we spent with her. You can feel her passion for these amazing sites, so well preserved and full of interesting details. We absolutely recommend Ada to anyone looking to visit the area, and especially these unique historic sites. It will become for you, as it did for us, unforgettable. Et pour tous les francophones qui songent à entreprendre cette visite, sachez qu'Ada nous a parlé en français tout au long de notre journée avec elle, avec un vocabulaire d'une grande richesse et un enthousiasme débordant.

7 Thank Andre B
Gauteng
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Pompeii”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We finished off a three week European holiday with a guided tour of Pompeii. After 21 days of looking at churches, museums and ruins I think we were a difficult group to get excited! Our guide Ada did an AMAZING job of making Pompeii come to life and keeping us all interested, we could hardly believe when the tour came to an end that three hours had passed by so quickly. Thank you Ada for making our last day such a great experience!!!

5 Thank LeiaGauteng
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Pompeii and Herculaneum with Ada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had always wanted my family to visit Pompeii and we were not disappointed. But in addition to the stunning visuals - the story of Pompeii was vividly brought alive by our fantastic tour guide Ada. When the weather precluded the follow-up hike to Vesuvius, Ada suggested Herculaneum which in some ways was better than Pompeii. The stories and examples of how these people lived their lives was as interesting as the end of their lives was tragic. Although we ran out of time - I think the best follow-up to this trip would be to view the treasures of these sites now displayed at the museum in Naples. Our thanks to Ada for a great tour and for infusing the trip with life as seen through the eyes of a hometown women.

Visited March 2013