“Nice Hotel good location close to waterfront”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Rex

Hotel Rex
Ranked #17 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Geneva
“Nice Hotel good location close to waterfront”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

This is a nice hotel. It is close to the water (one street away). The staff was friendly the rooms were clean. Nothing too elegant. It is a short walk away from the historic section of Napoli. My room was on the back so I did not have any street noise at night. I stayed over a Friday Night and I could definately hear the nearby disco but I suspect that it was very loud as we would hear as we entered the hotel. Several of my colleagues all stayed at the hotel and we all were happy with our stay. I will definately use this hotel again when I return to Napoli.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hungarian first
Bernin, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

This hotel is about 20 minutes walk from the centre, and very close to the sea front. There are many restaurants and shops in the area.
It is very quiet & I slept very well. The room was clean and well furnished. The shower was quite small, so I imagine a large person might have difficulties. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

My only criticism would be the breakfast - which is not really worthy of a hotel of this category.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at the Rex for two nights in Feb 2011. We were very happy with the experience. The location is fantastic, it's half a block away from the sea- we had a small balcony from which you could see the water. The rooms were clean with a big, comfortable bed. The staff were helpful. For the money (around £60 per night), we couldn't complain. It's not 5 star - if you want that the Excelsior is just around the corner with price to match.

I'm extremely glad I booked the Rex - the location was superb. I would not recommend anyone staying away from the seafront, especially near Central Station as some of the areas at least look very rough and run down. The sea front is great! as for Naples itself, I'm very glad I went there but I wouldn't go there again - we did what we wanted to do in a couple of days.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed in the Hotel Rex in Naples in December, 201, for a week. I found the hotel a pleasant experience even if it is a 3 star establishment. The staff were helpful and friendly, spoke better english than my Italian, and were always ready to help.

The hotel is well placed for all the tourist spots, most being a simple walk from the hotel. Cab fare to the main railway station was 15 euros and took less than 20 minutes. As for dining, there are good and cheap restaurants and cafes nearby, both on the waterfront and back into the city itself - all within easy walking distance.

There was free wifi and also some computers in the lobby. I was lucky enough to get wifi in my room although, like all wifi, signal strength was patchy.

Breakfast was in a small extension to the lobby. Food consisted of coffee, fruit juice, yogurt, Italian pastries. All you could eat. They also provided capuchino of request.

The room was OK, bed was comfortable, at least for me (if it held 2 people I am not sure if it would be as comfortable). The bathroom had a basin, toilet and bidet. The shower was very small, about 50cm square. It was usable but only just and even then I had to open the novel screen to clean some parts. Water was nice and hot and good pressure. Unfortunately, the room did not have any tea making facilities, but then there were plentiful cafes nearby. However, a kettle and some cups would not go astray, not cost too much, I would have thought.

The room looked out over the street and that provided good 'fresh' air if required. However, the 'Napolitans' ride their scooters around all night and so the noise was sometimes a bit much - the middle of the night argument between a couple was noisy but entertaining.

I'd go back to the Rex anytime.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank bobjtls
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

The Rex is a splendid location near to the Castello Dell'Ovo. Off the main streets, it is quiet and we had a room with a view of Vesuvius. Brekafast is limited but adequate and the room was small, but overall ggod value.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bari, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

I already knew this hotel but recently it has been renowed and improved a lot. Rooms are clean and comfortable, service is impecable and friendly, the position of the hotel is great and the ratio price/advantages really good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Mangawhai, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

Well situated for walking to the Port area, Corso Umberto and other shopping areas, and the Historic Centre. Many good restaurants nearby and so close to the harbour. Mt Vesuvius was visible from our room. The showers are quite small, but otherwise the bathrooms and bedrooms are fine. The breakfast room is somewhat cramped, the layout of the buffet area needs looking at. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms on the road are very noisy, the ones facing the internal area are much quieter!

• Stayed September 2010